11 Tips to avoid Jet-Lag on Long Flights for holidays | What is Jet-lag?
Jet-Lag is flight fatigue caused due to quick traveling across various time zones. It is a physiological condition causing a disorder of circadian rhythm. Circadian is internal biological/body clock which regulates wakefulness and sleep. Disruption of the body clock synchronization results in JET LAG. Presenting you with 11 Tips to avoid Jet-Lag on Long Flights for holidays.
11 Tips to avoid Jet-Lag on Long Flights for holidays | Tips to Avoid jet-lag on Long Flights for Fun Holidays can be categorized into 3 parts
- Try to adjust your eating and sleeping pattern before a few days of your flight. Shift your sleeping and eating habits as per the clock of destination, before 3 to 4 days of travel date.
- Wear sunglasses before few hours taking flight as it helps to synchronize body clocks because the body clock is set by eyes detecting light.
- If your flight is reaching during the night then don’t take a sleep or nap before 6 hours of reaching time (arrivals). And do vice-versa for morning flights – like if you are reaching during day time then take proper sleep for 5 to 6 hours before reaching the destination.
- If possible then do a break or split journey for 1 or 2 days in between.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol during the flight.
- Stay hydrated and keep yourself moisturized throughout during the flight.
- Wear light, loose and comfortable clothes.
AFTER REACHING DESTINATION
8. Upon reaching the destination, try to get out in sunlight, fresh air as sunlight regulates biological clock which helps your body clock in adjusting to new time zones and surroundings. Staying indoors after reaching your destination worsens jet lag.
- Take bath before going to bed
- Avoid short naps during the daytime.
- Relax and don’t stress or burden yourself for 1 or 2 days. Many people take some sleep-inducing drugs but I don’t recommend it and read why you should not take Ambien for Jet Lag.
Have a fun-filled and relaxed flight! Check how to find the best flight deals.
Read about The Best Luggage tags for International Travel so that your luggage stands out on Carousel belts.
Also what to carry on during long flights is a very important thing to know. Click here to read about what to pack in a Carry on Bag for long flights.
Also, try out for different types of stays during your holidays. Read here for tips on staying during holidays.
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase