Australia – The 6th largest country in the world, is a paradise for tourists, nature lovers, adventure/sports lovers, peace-seekers, families, and honeymooners. It is a dream destination and it tops the travel bucket list for all. As the holiday season is gearing up in, plan for your next trip to this beautiful and exotic country which is a complete package of stunning rainforests, red-earthed National Parks, exotic & world-famous beaches, natural coral reefs, and livable cities. Let’s have a look at quick tips for Planning a Trip to enchanting Australia.
Generally, Sydney and Melbourne are the first places to stop while on an Australian holiday but there are many other beautiful places and cities. I lived in Sydney and Melbourne for about 1 year and have traveled in those areas and their surroundings before. For the upcoming Christmas break, I am planning to visit The Great Barrier Reef on the coast of Queensland and the famous Uluru monolith rock formation.
Attractions List – Quick Tips for Planning a trip to Enchanting Australia
THE NATURAL WONDERS TOUR
The natural wonders tour includes the following destinations:
- Great Barrier Reef
- The 12 Apostles on Scenic Great Ocean Road
- Magnificent Fraser Island
- The beautiful Blue Mountains
- Sacred rock formations of Uluru
- Kakadu National Park
- Phillip Island
- An aboriginal region with cliffs – Three Sisters
- Green Island
- Cradle Mountain
Australia is gifted by many of the world’s most stunning beaches. It has a long coastline of 37,000 km which features approximately 11,011 beaches.
Some of the famous beaches include dazzling Cabble Beach, Hyames beach which is famous for have the whitest sand, Kirra Beach with its rolling waves, fashionable Four Mile Beach or Whitehaven Beach near The Great Barrier Reef.
There are also city beaches, like the iconic Bondi Beach in Sydney.
Other beaches include Mile Beach, Fraser Island, Burleigh Heads, Apollo Bay and many more.
STUNNING & LIVEABLE CITIES
With low population density and larger land area than most countries, most of the urban areas in Australia are scattered between mountains, oceans, coasts, wildlife reserves, rivers, and pretty landscapes.
Choose Sydney for a high energetic vibrant culture. The city is famous for its Opera House, world-famous zoos, aquariums and a metropolitan style of lifestyle. It is also blessed with sunny weather and clear skies and it is never too chilly. Read more about 7 romantic things to do in Sydney on a budget.
Melbourne has a European flair and is famous among coffee lovers and selected as one of the most livable cities of the world many times.
Adelaide has many famous and beautiful wineries, colonial buildings and stunning wildlife at Kangaroo Island. Also, you can go for well-known wine regions tours near Adelaide while visiting Barossa Valley Wineries. Know more about Things to do in Adelaide.
Darwin is famous for lush green national parks and natural surroundings. If you love the outdoorsy lifestyle and spectacular wilderness, then don’t miss Darwin.
Enjoy the laid-back city of Perth with sunny and warm weather throughout the year and pristine beaches across the Indian Ocean.
Go to Brisbane which has beautiful sunshine weather with local Australian vibes, youthful zeal and diverse destination. At an hours drive, you can go to Gold Coast which is must visit destination of Australia. Read about Gold Coast Attractions. Also, you can check about the best Gold Coast theme park accommodations.
Go for a natural wonders tour in Cairns the gateway to The Great Barrier Reef. Read about Sensational Baby Boomers activities in Cairns.
But don’t miss Canberra which is the cool capital of the country. It is a place where you will find cool architectures, museums, and galleries. Architecture lovers would love this capital city. Australia also has remote and underrated places which are worth visiting.
What you need to know before booking your Holiday to Australia
- All non-Australians require a visa to enter Australia
- The country is huge and diverse so use local budget local airlines to book flights
- Within the cities, there is a wide and very good network of public buses, trains, ferries, and trams. Public transport is cost effective and very efficient. In Sydney check the OPAL card for affordable public transport
- Budget-friendly accommodation deals near the city center are difficult to find but I managed to find some cost-efficient options on KAYAK.
- As this country is huge, don’t expect to cover all places on the same trip
- Check the weather before packing as Australia has opposite season to that of countries from Northern Hemisphere and the climate varies a lot from region to region.
- Visit world-class stadiums and sports arenas as local love sports and have earned many accolades and medals in International sports.
- Gardens like The Royal Botanic Gardens of Sydney or the Botanical Gardens of Melbourne are free
- Some Museums and Art Galleries also have free entry
- Melbourne is a foodie paradise and a great place for coffee lovers. Check the Food Market at Victoria’s Market Square.
- Driving is on the left-hand side of the road and their steering wheel is on the right-hand side just like UK, India and some other places.
- Carry good sunscreen and apply whenever your skin is exposed to the sun as here there is higher ultraviolet radiation in Australia.
- Don’t carry nuts, flowers, seeds, or any other food items into the country as Australia has a strict policy about bringing food items.
- Australia has wonderful food and drinks from all over the world. Read more about the best foods in Australia.
And I would suggest this Two weeks Itinerary to Australia for those who are going on Holidays for the first time –
Sydney – 3/4 days – Sydney City tour(you can do by Public transport or by Big Bus tours) which comprises of Sydney Opera House, Darling Harbour, Harbour Bridge, Ferry tour around opera house and under the bridge, Royal Botanic Gardens, Bondi or Coogee Beach, Taronga Zoo and day tour to the Blue Mountains. You can also visit some worth visiting places in New South Wales. Catch a flight to Melbourne.
Melbourne – 5 days – 5 days in Melbourne includes 2 days exclusive for Great Ocean Road. Melbourne tour comprises of Melbourne city tour(can be done by Public transport), Yarra river ferry ride, Brighton beach, Aquarium, Iconic Tram rides, day tours to Puffing Billy, Philip Island, visit world class Cricket stadium of Melbourne. Take a flight to Uluru.
Uluru – 2 days – Getting to and from Uluru involves air traveling(catching internal flights) as it is far from Sydney or Melbourne. Uluru in central Australia, is definitely one of Australia’s most famous sights and worth to go, despite it is slightly away from main cities. Visit during Sunrise or sunset is recommended as it is a beautiful sight with beautiful rays of sun over this natural wonder. Go for Cairns.
Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef – 3 days – Travel to the north of Cairns to explore the rainforest and take a day trip out to the famous Coral reef which is a natural wonder too.
Check their official tourism website for more information. And If you have Melbourne in your list then check these days trips from Melbourne – Scenic Great Ocean Road Trip and Exciting Puffing Billy Steam Engine ride.
Enjoy your trip to this welcoming country full of enthusiastic and sports loving people.
So, until then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase