Explore the hidden gem near Dubai in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE for a perfect weekend staycation. Cove Rotana Resort is a cascaded hilly-beach resort, overlooking azure deep blue waters and an idyllic inlet of waters. This beach resort is like a small town or county with unique architecture inspired by the Nubian cult. That is why staying here makes you feel like living in some different country or culture and this makes the unique staycation all over UAE. UAE has many luxury staycations resorts but this one stands out uniquely because of Nubian town like living. This cascaded resort with a view of the water and lots of landscaped greenery from every corner transports you to some different land and therefore at a first glimpse or instance you feel like living at some south European Mediterranean coastal town. In this article, read my review of Cove Rotana Resort, Ras Al Khaimah – Perfect weekend staycation in UAE.
HOW TO REACH – LOCATION OF COVE ROTANA RESORT, RAS AL KHAIMAH
DISTANCE – From Dubai via Road – Approx. 115 km via Emirates Rd. – E611
Approx. 105 km via Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd. E311
WHEN YOU REACH – ENTRANCE – CHECK-IN
You are welcomed with great Arabian architectural archways at the entrance and then after check-in, your car is parked in huge parking by valet service or by yourself. You are first checked in to the resort area and then you are taken to your room or villa by shuttle services provided by hotel authorities.
Inside you cannot drive your vehicle. The means for transport inside the property is through shuttle cars or buggy provided by Cove Rotana.
Villa check-in is different from room check-in with the special counter. So do not get confused with the huge queue for room check-in.
PROPERTY LAYOUT – Review Of Cove Rotana Resort, Ras Al Khaimah – Perfect weekend staycation in UAE
The whole hilly-beach resort town is spread in the area of 290,000 sq.m. with a 600 m stretch of pristine private beach and many idyllic water lagoons.
Beaches are opening into an inlet of waters inside the property which are scenic lagoons and are connected through wooden bridges. All lagoons are surrounded by villas.
Therefore, villas near the lagoons have nearby beach access.
Some premium villas are located on cascaded hilly tops that have a perfect view of the sea and the whole property.
- This huge cascaded hilly-beach resort has 204 rooms and 78 villas with many choices to select from.
- Rooms are classified into 3 categories – Classic, Deluxe, and Premier.
- Villas are categorized as per view, location and size. So either you select villas with lake/lagoon view or villas with sea view.
- There are 6 restaurants at scenic locations to cater to your taste buds.
- 3 Swimming pools with an infinite view of the sea.
Now you can visualize that this resort is like a small county or town. Inside you can explore the whole area by foot or by shuttle services.
ROOMS / VILLAS
There are too many choices to select a perfect room or villa catering to your needs and liking. Either you select rooms or a completely private villa. There are 3 categories in room selection too depending on the view from the room. Duplex Villas are categorized first on their location and then into sizes. There are 1BHK, 2BHK, 3BHK villas with private sit-out, private swimming pool, balcony/terrace. The swimming pool in villas is not temperature controlled and all villas are 2 storied with either the view of the lagoon or the view of the sea. The villas on hilltops with a view of the sea are premium villas.
For my stay, I stayed in the lagoon facing villa on 1st night and the sea-facing hill-top villa on 2nd night. So I can show you the view from both the villas. Lagoon facing villa is near to the beach but don’t have sea view and you can view the lake from there. Hill-top villas have beautiful sea view, sunset view, whole property view but are a little bit away from the sea.
VILLA – I booked a 2BHK Duplex Villa with balcony, private sunbed sit out area, swimming pool, and garden(only in hill-top villas) – My reviews on villa layout are
- Rooms are too spacious.
- The Master bedroom has a king-size bed and all modern amenities.
- The children’s bedroom is upstairs with a private balcony having ample seating area.
- Hall is huge with a bricked dome roof and open kitchen.
- The hall opens to an outside sit out area with a private swimming pool area.
- Premium villas have a garden too with a sit-out.
- Sitout has a view of the lagoon or the view of the sea with sunbeds and outside seating arrangement. Perfect for morning tea, evening drinks, and stargazing in the night.
- The kitchen is fitted with all fixtures but without utensils. You can use the mini-bar and fridge.
- BATHROOMS on both floors are huge with tubs and shower cubicles. All basic toiletries are provided with Loofah, bathrobes, large size towels, and slippers.
FOOD OPTIONS AT COVE ROTANA RESORT – WHAT TO EAT IN COVE ROTANA RESORT
- BASILICO– Mediterranean Restaurant with a view of blue waters of Arabian Gulf.
Opening Hours: Outdoor and indoor both seating available
Saturday to Thursday: 12 noon – 11.30 pm
Friday: 01:00 pm – 11.30 pm
- CINNAMON All day dining hall – featuring International and Oriental cuisine. Outdoor terrace and indoor seating too. The breakfast buffet is arranged here. You can also select ala’ carte for dinner here.
Buffet Breakfast: 07:00am – 10:30am
Buffet Lunch: 01:00pm – 03:00pm
Buffet Dinner: 06:00pm – 10:00pm
- BREEZE BAR AND LOUNGE – Drinks area with a lovely view of the sea and close to reception. Have an informal coffee, tea, drinks at this lounge which is open 24 hours daily. Light snacks and sweets too are served here.
- LAGUNA BAY POOLSIDE CAFÉ & BAR – Enjoy a cocktail, juices, and snacks with a view of the sunset. Opening Hours:
Beverage service: 9.00 am – 7.00 pm
- SUNSET POOL BAR – Upper Pool side bar with view of Arabian Gulf. You can choose iced drinks, cocktails and juices. Opening Hours: Beverage service: 9.00 am – 9.00 pm.
- BREAKERS BEACH BAR AND LOUNGE – International cuisine or sip your favorite drinks besides the roaring waves of sea. Feel the white sands under your feet with uninterrupted view of blue waters and under the blue sky with your favorite food. Opening Hours:
Saturday to Wednesday: 8.00 am – 9.00 pm
Thursday and Friday: 8.00 am –11.00 pm
Food service: 12.00 noon – closing
Thursday Arabic Night & Friday BBQ Night – from 6:00pm. to 10:00pm.
- 24 HOUR IN-ROOM DINING – Order your food or drinks to your room at any time of the day or night.
WHAT TO DO IN COVE ROTANA RESORT – ACTIVITIES TO DO IN COVE ROTANA RESORT
- Water Sports
- Dive into a swimming pool with an infinite view of the sea. One of the pools has water slides too.
- Enjoy Sunset on the beach.
- Take a walk on the hilly slopes around the landscape Nubian town style.
- Beach activities.
- Beach Massage
- Beach Volley-Ball
- Swing above the waves
- Admire desert flora and fauna.
- Collect unique seashells and admire the marine life here on the beach.
When you take a stroll here, at every turn, you get a unique view of the sea and hilly landscape. The cascaded architecture on hilly-slopes make every place a very unique view and from every point, you get the view of the water body – either lagoons or deep blue sea.
FEATURES OF COVE ROTANA RESORT, RAS AL KHAIMAH, UAE
- Free Valet Parking.
- Free shuttle service to in the premises.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Kid’s club and babysitting services on extra request
- 3 meeting or conference rooms
- Body line spa featuring massage, hot tub, steam, and sauna room.
- Private spacious 1BR, 2BR, 3BR villas with kitchenettes, swimming pools, and sit-outs.
- Gift shop, jewelry and watch store
- Doctor on Call
- Currency exchange and hospitable staff
- Fully secured with 24 hours service on request for food and room service.
TIPS FOR COVE ROTANA RESORT, RAS AL KHAIMAH
- Winter is the best time to explore this resort. The weather is very pleasant with 15 deg C to 20 deg C in December and January.
- Wear comfortable footwear if you are exploring the whole beach town on foot.
- The railings of sit-out in villas are a little bit lower, so take care of your little ones.
- Pack warm jackets, sweaters, or shawls as evenings are chilly and sometimes windy too.
- Check-in time can be hectic and for villas, there is separate check-in which is faster.
- Breakfast is Inter-continental and sumptuous with many vegetarian Indian varieties too.
- Call shuttle service before 15 minutes as it takes a little bit of time for them to come to your location.
- You get many vegetarian varieties here with Indian options too. So no need to worry about the food part.
- Do online Check-in to avoid large queues at reception. Check-in has huge Queues on weekends and the winter season.
COVE ROTANA RESORT IS RECOMMENDED FOR
FAMILY TRAVELERS – Family travelers can have a nice staycation away from their busy life. They can relax in private villas and move around the hilly-beach resort town with some coastal town vibes.
EVENT / WEDDING – Huge area to organize theme events or weddings. Also, the picturesque location adds spice to your event by creating a unique backdrop.
HONEYMOONING – Laid-back relaxed beach, hilly slopes with private villas, cabanas, modern amenities, make a perfect location to escape with your loved ones.
SOME IMPROVEMENTS/SUGGESTIONS –
All things are very perfect here, except for some small things which I noticed. As there is a lot of space with a beautiful backdrop, small changes can be done very easily.
- Breakfast can be arranged at more than one place, as so many people from all over the resort gathers at one place. Therefore at breakfast counter there is huge queue.
- As there is a lot of ample space, there, I would suggest something for teenage children like tennis-courts, basketball courts, billiards or bowling alleys.
- And some temperature-controlled systems for the private swimming pool in villas at least for the winter season.
MY VERDICT – Review Of Cove Rotana Resort, Ras Al Khaimah – Perfect weekend staycation in UAE
- 5 out 5 for a Beautiful backdrop.
- 4.9 out of 5 for cleanliness and hygiene.
- 4 out of 5 for Activities inside the resort.
- 4 out of 5 for Service.
- 3.5 out of 5 for Breakfast (though variety is more, the arrangement can be improved)
NEARBY TOURIST ATTRACTIONS –
- Al Marjan Island
- Al Hamra Beach
- Al Jazirah Alhamra Town
- Jabal Jais mountain range
- Puro restaurant – the highest restaurant in the UAE
- World’s longest Zipline at Jabal Jais mountain range.
- RAK Track
- Saqr Park
NEAREST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Ras Al Khaimah
You can ask for a special airport pick and drop on an extra request.
So pack your bags and feel the vibes of Nubian town or coastal southern-European town. Feel the peace and enjoy nature at its full bloom here. Cove Rotana resort pack you with long-lasting memories where you explore your time with loved ones and mother nature. Do let me know how was your experience here and will you book this for your next staycation in UAE. Keep me updated with your valuable comments on Review Of Cove Rotana Resort, Ras Al Khaimah – Perfect weekend staycation in UAE.
Note – All expenses of staying in this hotel are taken by me. This visit is my personal family visit.
- Interesting Dubai Travel Guide – Dubai Bucket List
- Best Places for Camping – Glamping in UAE (United Arab Emirates)
- Cycling in Dubai – Where to Bike?
- 5 Unplugged Family Vacation Ideas for This Winter
Loved this… Then Pin It…..
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
If you wish to collaborate/work with me then contact me at email@example.com.
Follow my blog on social media channels at
All content and photos belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com and use of content / photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase