Experience the magical combination of science, creativity, a reflection of lights, colors, music, and heritage on famous landmark monuments of Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates. Every year, Sharjah host Sharjah Light festival by inviting international and locally renowned artists to display their creativity. This year in 2020, Sharjah will host 10th consecutive Sharjah Light Festival, which started on 5th February till 15th February – 10 YEARS OF LIGHT. In this blog, I am writing about the details of Sharjah Light festival Highlights. Read about exact locations of Sharjah Light festivals on their official website by clicking here.
This annual light festival has various 23 different shows by 24 artists which take place at 18 different locations. This show depicts many colorful abstract forms, dynamic patterns & shapes, image projections, Sharjah’s rich heritage & culture, graphic designs, chromatic lights, Islamic patterns & Orient designs, imaginations and combinations of primary colors etc. These all photos and experience are from last year. Go through the 2018’s Sharjah Light Festival highlights below.
So presenting you the Sharjah Light festival Highlights –
- SUNRISE at University City Hall.
- A House Under Sea Under the Moonshine at Al Noor Mosque
- LIGHT CAROUSEL at Khalid Lagoon
- A – MAZE – IN at Palm Oasis next to Al Noor Masjid
- WAKING DREAM at Masjid Sheikh Rashin Bin Ahmad Al Qassimi
- MONOLITHS, LANDING IN SHARJAH at Dr. Sultan Al Qassimi Center for Gulf Studies
- HOUSE OF JUSTICE
- POLICE ACADEMY
- HEART OF SHARJAH
- SHARJAH ROADS AND TRANSPORT
WATCH AUDIO – VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS BY SHARJAH TOURISM
Sharjah Light festival Highlights
- LOG BOOK OF A DIGITAL EXPLORER at Oldest Area in Sharjah which features heritage souks.
- ABSTRACT at Oldest Area in Sharjah which features heritage souks.
- GRAPHIC PLAY HOUSE at Oldest Area in Sharjah which features heritage souks
- VARIATIONS OF PICTORIAL COMPOSITONS at The Police Academy.
- LIVE FRESCO at Oldest Area in Sharjah which features heritage souks.
- PEONIES ALUMINES at Oldest Area in Sharjah which features heritage souks
- LIGHT HOUSE at The House of Justice.
- ACROSS THE AGES at Al Hisn fort and museum
- ARABIC FUSION at The Supreme Court for Family Affairs.
- CHROMATIC LIGHTS at Masjid Ammar Binyasser
- AUDIO VISUAL CHEMISTRY at Kalba City Municipality Council.
- KNOWLEDGE AVENUE at Sharjah University.
- MAGIC WONDER at Directorate of Human Resources
- GLOWING CULTURE at Khorfakkan Municipality
- STELLAR FALCONS at Al Hamriyah Tower.
Date of this event | SHARJAH LIGHT FESTIVAL
6th February to 16th February (Generally in the 2nd week of February)
Timings of this light show
6:00 P.M. to 11.P.M. on weekdays
6.00 P.M. to midnight on weekends(Friday and Saturday).
Entry – Free (No Tickets)
Ample Parking Place outside the monuments and events. If you are coming through personal car then park it in public designated spaces which are free on Fridays but are paid on other days. Parking charges are 2 – 3 Dirhams per hour.
Also Hop-On, Hop-Off bus tours run and pass along these event sites, giving you the glimpses of all shows at different locations. Click here to book your Hop-On, Hop Off bus tours in advance.
Enjoy this scintillating festival in the cooler weather at beautiful emirates of Sharjah, with display of glittering light forms by talented international & local artists. Sharjah’s rich heritage monuments acts as a unique canvas, creating a series of imaginations, visual effects, illuminations and abstract projections. This unique spectacle throws light on emirates rich heritage and culture. So don’t forget to visit the cultural capital of UAE which has beautifully preserved the art & history. Every year, this light festival attracts 560,000 visitors from UAE & other parts of world.
HOTEL STAY IN SHARJAH –
Sharjah Light festival is one of the most popular festival and cultural events in UAE.
There are many other things to explore in Sharjah. Mleiha – ancient Iron age historical site surrounded by natural deserts.
So, until then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result into legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are independently owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase.