Tbilisi, the jewel of the Caucasus is now becoming the most upcoming and fast-growing tourist city. Maybe the charm of Georgian people and culture or 8000 years old wine-making technique or the enchanting beauty of the Caucasus attracts many tourists every year to this charming city located at the borders of two continents. As this city is now a favorite tourist destination, you will find hotels of all ranges and styles here. From funky and colorful boutique hotels to high-end star hotels and even budget hostels, there are plenty of choices to select from all over the city. But before making your book a hotel in Tbilisi – read this Tbilisi Hotel guide with a selection of the best hotels in Tbilisi. I would be listing some of my favorite hotels in Tbilisi as per area wise and also give you some other choices. From this article, you will be able to find the best places to stay in Tbilisi, Georgia as per the area and nearby tourist attractions with all pros and cons. So read this article on Where to stay in Tbilisi Georgia List of Best Hotels in Tbilisi
Where to stay in Tbilisi Georgia List of Best Hotels in Tbilisi | Tbilisi Hotel Guide with best places to stay in Tbilisi
FIRST NEIGHBORHOOD – TBILISI OLD CITY – HISTORIC CITY CENTER
One of the oldest and historic parts of Tbilisi. This area is enriched with many ancient styles of architectural buildings of ex-Soviet era, hilltop castle, river, bridge, and vibrant city center. This is the top and best located for staying in Tbilisi as you will find everything at a walking distance from your hotel/hostel.
Click below to select your stay in Tbilisi old city – historic center
High range luxury Hotels
- Book Ambassadori Hotel
- Book Wyndham Grand Tbilisi
- Book Museum Hotel Orbeliani
- Book Citrus Hotel
- Book Tbilisi Marriott Hotel
- Book Betlemi Old Town Hotel
- Book Radius Hotel Tbilisi
- Book IOTA Hotel Tbilisi
- Book Kisi Hotel
- Book Hotel Zeg
- Book Hotel Flower
- Book Tiflis Palace
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS AT TBILISI OLD HISTORIC CITY CENTER
- Narikala Fortress
- Old Town
- Abanotubani Sulphur Baths
- Rezo Gabriadze Marionette Theater
- Kartlis Dedaview Point
- The Bridge of Peace
- Famous nightlife street – Shardeni street
WHY STAY AT TBILISI OLD HISTORIC CITY CENTER
- Close proximity to major tourist attractions of city – Can be done by walking
- Some famous Georgian restaurants, funky bars, nightlife, cafes are located in this area.
- Ancient style of architecture and so you can enjoy traditional Georgian vibes.
- The rooms can be smaller but view of the old city from the rooms is perfect.
SECOND NEIGHBORHOOD – RUSTAVELI STREET / REGION
Formerly known as Golovin and now named as Rustaveli on famous Georgian poet – “Shota Rustaveli”. A 1.5km stretch starts from Freedom square. This wide and elegant stretch is famous for high-end boutique style shopping and many famous government offices. The architecture of these buildings on both sides of the road is worth admiring and also big trees on both sides of the road make it perfect photogenic street of Tbilisi. Famous museums, shopping, and beautiful government buildings make it a perfect location to stay for tourists.
Click below to select your stay at Rustaveli street
High range Luxury Hotels
- Book Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel
- Book The Biltmore Hotel Tbilisi
- Book Shota Rustaveli Boutique hotel
- Book Rooms Hotel Tbilisi
- Book Radius Hotel
- Book Rustaveli Avenue Apartment.
- Book Boombully Boutique Hotel
- Book Aqua Liberty Hotel
- Book Art Boutique Hotel – I stayed here during my first visit to Tbilisi and it was really awesome.
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS AT RUSTAVELI STREET/REGION
- Georgian National Museum
WHY STAY AT RUSTAVELI STREET/REGION
- Magnificent and Elegant grand hotels
- Rooms are big
- Shopping at walking distance
THIRD NEIGHBORHOOD – FREEDOM SQUARE
This famous and most crowded square is located between Tbilisi’s old town and Rustaveli street. This square is known as Freedom square as it has some historic relevance of many protests, speeches, demonstrations for getting the freedom to Georgia from Soviet rule. You can see a tower in the center with golden statue which is visible from all parts of the city, which is the central part of this square. Old City Hall building and this tower in this area are popular among tourists. This is a very big square and is located at the confluence of Tbilisi’s old town and famous shopping street of Rustaveli.
Click below to select your stay at Freedom Square
High Range Luxury Hotels
- Book Courtyard by Marriott Tbilisi – Here I stayed during my second visit to Georgia and I loved its location and view from the room.
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS AT FREEDOM SQUARE
- As it is located at junction of old town and new town, all major tourist attractions and shopping are within walking distance.
- Famous 24 x7 Georgian food restaurant – “Machkela” is located just few steps away.
- National Museum
- Vibrant and crowded always during day and night.
WHY STAY AT FREEDOM SQUARE
- Magnificent and Elegant grand hotels.
- Rooms are big with the view of tower and hilltop fortress.
- Shopping and tourist attractions at walking distance.
FOURTH NEIGHBORHOOD – AVLABARI
If you cross the Bridge of Peace, then you reach Avlabari on the other side of the river and fortress. Earlier it was an Armenian influenced area in ancient times and so has many small and big cathedrals that side. This area has many hotels with a view of the river and hilltop castle. Just you can say the other side of the river is Avlabari and the side towards Narikala fortress is Historic old town. Both regions are connected by the Bridge of Peace.
Click below to select your stay at Avlabari
High Range Luxury Hotels
- Book Hotel Passport Tbilisi
- Book Vinotel Boutique Hotel
- Book Sheraton Grand Tbilisi Metechi Palace
- Book Old Tbilisi Hotel
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS AT AVLABARI
- Hotel with perfect view of river and fortress
- Rike Park and garden.
- The Bridge of Peace
WHY STAY AT AVLABARI
- Many hotels with a view of the historic old town city and river
- More residential and less touristic
- Close to the old historic city center
FIFTH NEIGHBORHOOD – MTATSMINDA
Named after Mount Mtatsminda which means “Holy Mountain”, it is located in central Tbilisi on the banks of the Kura region. This centrally located mountain is visible from every corner of the city and forms a beautiful skyline of Tbilisi city. This mountain is the recreation and amusement center for this city.
Click below to select your stay at Mtatsminda
High range Luxury Hotels
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS AT MTATSMINDA
- Mtatsminda Entertainment & Amusement Park.
- Tbilisi’s famous Ferris wheel.
- Funicular ride.
- David Church.
- Beautiful views of the whole city from top of mountain.
WHY STAY AT MTATSMINDA
- Amusement Park nearby with a big garden.
- Beautiful views of whole city especially New Year fireworks
- Restaurants and food shops can be little far away.
- You have to get down to Rustaveli Avenue to catch buses to different parts of the city.
- Peaceful area with fewer tourists.
So these are the few areas which are having best Tbilisi Hotels and perfect places to stay in Tbilisi. If you want to look other areas then they are Vake, Vera, Marjanishvilli, and Saburtalo but they all are far from tourist attractions. So my suggestion would be the best five neighborhoods which I have mentioned in my list of places to stay in Tbilisi. Now after reading this you know where to stay in Tbilisi, Georgia List of Best Hotels in Tbilisi.
If you are staying in Tbilisi then select and book some of the best day trips from Tbilisi with some options below –
RELATED READS – WHAT TO DO IN GEORGIA (ITINERARY & GUIDE) | Where to stay in Tbilisi Georgia List of Best Hotels in Tbilisi
- Georgia Itinerary.
- Georgia in Winters guide.
- List of Tbilisi sightseeing attractions with useful tips.
- Day trip to Kazbegi, Gudauri from Tbilisi.
- Day trip to Gori Caves from Tbilisi.
- Day trip to Borjomi forest and Rabati Castle.
- Day trip to wine tasting at Kakheti and Signaghi Love city.
- Georgian Cuisine – Vegetarian friendly guide.
- Things to know before you plan for Georgia.
- Day trip to Mtskheta from Tbilisi.
Check some enchanting day trips from Tbilisi
Loved it…… Then Pin It….
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
If you wish to collaborate/work with me then contact me at [email protected]
Follow my blog on social media channels at
All content and photos belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com and use of content / photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase