Hey, holidays are coming and you have finalized your dream destination and booked air tickets. Now you are again into the big dilemma of choosing the right accommodation/stay for a Successful Trip. You are thrown with a bundle of great choices regarding hotel stays which are very tempting and appealing deals. There are many factors to be considered in booking a hotel like hotels having a room with a view, big luxurious lobbies, hospitable staff, location perfect, proximity to city-center or public transport, freebies deals, etc. but choosing wisely and filtering out will help you in choosing a Perfect Hotel for Successful Trip. There are many Important Factors To Choose Perfect Hotel Accommodation for Successful Trip.
After traveling to various places for many different reasons and occasions I have done a few hits and misses on Hotel selection during my Trips. And have concluded that Choosing a Perfect Hotel for Successful Trip depends totally upon Destination. In this post, I will talk about Destination types which govern our choice on the hotel too.
Important Factors To Choose Perfect Hotel Accommodation for Successful Trip
- Big Metro Cities like NYC, Shanghai, London, Mumbai, Sydney, Paris, Tokyo, etc.
- Nature Destinations like Islands, hilly towns eg. – Santorini, Mykonos, Maldives, Mauritius, Shimla, Kazbegi, Garmisch, etc.
- Staycation Luxurious Resorts on outskirts of cities or places where there are no major tourist attractions.
- Highway Stays during Long Drives e.g.driving in USA, India, Australia, etc.
- Stay in Historical Palace/Mansions eg. Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Udaipur, Seville, or any Historical Place converted into Hotel.
1.) If your DESTINATION IS A VERY BIG CITY
Here the major selection of Hotel which you will consider is Location or Proximity to City Center. Closest to City center then more you are enjoying the city life. Though Location of all hotels plays an important role if you are traveling to big cities then it should be given PRIORITY. You would save a lot of time in commuting if you living in the heart of the big city. Traveling from the heart of the city becomes very easy as you get public transport to all places nearby from walk away from your hotel. All big cities have very well arranged wide public transport network and therefore living nearby it is a wise choice.
But if you are living in centralized locations of big cities then you have to slightly compromise on few points like –
- Size of Room can be smaller
- Hotel staff can be very busy so you can lack personal attention
- There may not be wide front landscapes or porch in the hotel.
- Swimming Pool can be on a rooftop not on ground floors.
- You can access 24 hours open restaurants, cafes, Supermarkets, Medical Shops at a walking distance from the hotel.
- Nightlife can be easily accessible
- Public Transport is at a walkable distance
- Save your time in commuting
- You get the feel of busy city life and enjoy city vibes
- As there are many eating options outside of your hotel, you can even skip your breakfast option with room for a better money saving deal.
- NATURE DESTINATIONS
If you have selected a place which is full of nature like blue seas, rugged landscapes, rolling hills, snowy mountains, then prefer a hotel/ Room with a view of nature. So if you are going to beaches or hilly areas then selection of hotel with a view is perfect for the successful trip. As you are selecting a destination because of its natural beauty then choosing a hotel with the same view is always good to enjoy nature at every moment.
You have to bear a few things like –
- Hotel is away from the city center
- Public Transport is not easily accessed but that particular area or town is so small that you can reach far places without wastage of time.
- No 24 hours shops/cafes nearby and therefore have to rely on Hotel’s restaurants.
- Sometimes these Hotel Properties are small and don’t have all amenities.
- You will enjoy a million dollar view for 24 X 7 from your room.
- You will get a perfect sunrise and sunset from your bed. No need to wake up early and reach the sunrise
- Soak into nature at your comfort.
- Many such hotels provide free shuttle to the city center
3.) Staycation Luxurious Resorts on outskirts of cities
These kinds of resorts/hotels exist in places where there are not many historical places or natural places to visit. These kind of resorts are itself a tourist attraction. As nearby cities do not have many places to look out for then these Luxurious Resorts/hotels serves as Perfect Staycation option for fun-filled Family Weekend Trips. In this type of visits, SELECT a HOTEL with maximum amenities. Here looking out for the wide range of luxurious amenities is a very important factor. We cannot neglect amenities of such stays. DOUBLE CHECK with your hotel about these amenities and their usages like included with the Room Tariffs or Payable Extra.
Be careful as you are spending more than 80% of your time in this resort and so double check the amenities and other details of this resort.
Here you have to bear slightly on –
- You cannot reach the city very easily, as it is far away from the city -center. So carry on all essentials with you
- Depend on Hotel’s Entertainment, Food, and Luxury Facilities.
- Can Be Expensive
- You will be pampered like King/Queen and so you can spoil yourself for a few days.
- Rooms and hotel premises are very big
- Lots of Luxury and Adventure Sports within the premises.
- An evening full of Entertainment like Live music, dance, various shows, etc.
- Children can have their own company at Day Care center on the premises.
- Spa, Yoga, Exercise or Meditation are some exotic facilities which you can try on.
4.) HIGHWAY STAYS during LONG DRIVES
Highway Stays are the necessary stays when driving through Long Road Trips. In many countries or continents traveling through road takes several hours and in between, you have to take night stay near the HIGHWAY. These destinations are not chosen by us, but mandatory ones, when we continuously drive through 8 to 9 hours. If you are traveling by road and going long then do not book the destination hotel in advance. There are many CHECK-IN OPTIONS while driving through. Whenever you feel tired of driving and do not want to travel more, stop at your nearby motel/inn and check –in.
TAKE CARE OF –
- Free Wi-Fi Facility
- Free Parking for your car
- Onsite restaurant or eating facility nearby
- Nearby Fueling Station.
This type of stay is just an escape on the highway to relax and sleep at night. Don’t expect great things from these motels. They should be well maintained, safe and clean. You will not get luxury amenities, hospitable staff or view from the room. It is to spend your time or take rest and walk out the next morning. I took this kind of stay during my East Coast Road trip in the USA, and many times in India.
5.) HISTORICAL PLACE (STAY IN HISTORICAL PALACE/MANSION/MONUMENT)
Nowadays there is a growing trend of living or spending a night in an ancient palace or monument which has great significance in history. Some of these Palaces are converted into Luxury hotels with ancient royal customs. Here the History of Palace and its related stories rules the selection of accommodation. These Palaces can be far away from the city or can be within the city. They offer all the ancient style of treatment to their guests.
Picture of my Stay Spanish Mansion in Seville owned my royal ministers now converted into the hotel.
You have to bear slightly on –
- You have to climb stairs as they may lack modern amenities like elevators or LIFTS. Their architecture is such that they cannot construct Lifts or something like that.
- Sleep on traditional beds, not like modern mattress or pillows.
- Bathrooms can be like olden day styled Hamas or bathtubs, without those fizzy showers with many settings.
- Food can be specific traditional styled according to the customs of that Palace.
- You are witnessing and living at a Palace where centuries ago major historical events occurred.
- You will get all ROYAL TREATMENT.
- You will learn about the ancient Royal customs and ceremonies.
- For a few days you will be having a Lifestyle of King / Queen
So you must have now known that DESTINATION plays an important role in choosing hotels. But for all types of stays, there are many choices with reviews on Booking.com and TripAdvisor. Check for the reviews both good and bad and then book for it. Therefore Choose Hotels as per Destination choice, not by Brand name or other things.
Read my HOTEL REVIEWS ON Staying at Big Cities like NYC, Shanghai and Nature Stay like on Greek Island islands – Santorini or Mykonos. Also read about Staycation options near Dubai and Abudhabi at Hatta, Liwa, etc.
- Call Hotel personally to check all details which matters you the most to have full clarity.
- Don’t get carried away by the Hotel’s pictures on their sites. Check Traveler’s photos of those hotels or read reviews of Travel Blogger on your specific choice.
- Check on their website for First – Timer Discounts or special Membership Discount offers running currently.
- Call them and ask for Free Shuttle service to Airport or Free Car Park( if you are driving) and breakfast options.
- Read about Hotel vs Airbnb – why some travelers like Hotel stay compared to Air Bnb home stays.
The main question is – WHAT MATTERS YOU MOST? Is the main reason for choosing a hotel. You will not get all the facilities or PLUS POINTS in your choice. You have to compromise slightly on but will get other PLUS POINTS TOO. So if your selection of hotel is based on the choice of Destination then you are sorting out or filtering out half of the hotels.
Click below to select your preferred stay in your favorite location.
Now you can know Important Factors To Choose Perfect HOTEL Accommodation for Successful Trip
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase