Highlights of Dubai Global Village Tour
Dubai Global Village – Glimpse of World is a cultural extravaganza with the participation of more than 75 nations displaying diverse culture, authentic arts & cuisine, local festivals, shopping and entertainment depicts Glimpse of the whole world at an open-air theme park.
During winters, when Dubai starts getting cooler doors of Global Village opens it doors for tourists. This is a seasonal open air theme park which runs from the first week of November until the third or fourth week of April. Global Village is divided into 36 pavilions hosting 75 nations, 50 amusement rides and more than 26 restaurants/food kiosks offering delicious food from all over the world. So, what say…. in one day visit Tour around the world at Dubai Global Village – Glimpse of World. Click here on official Global Village website to get more information on current events day wise.
Dubai Global Village – Glimpse of World tour can be categorized into
Replica of Famous Monuments all over the world.
Entertainment Acts, Amusement Rides, Stunt Shows, Folk Music, and Folk dance shows ending with Fireworks.
Dining – Traditional restaurants, Cafes, Food Kiosks, Food Trucks all serving traditional and authentic food from all over the world.
Shopping of Handicrafts, Clothing, Traditional Jewelry, Home Decor, Carpets, Spices and other artifacts from all over the world.
Opening Timings of Dubai Global Village – Glimpse of World
Global Village operates 7 days a week from 4:00PM onwards till 12:00 AM on weekdays and on weekends(Thursday, Friday & Saturday) it is extended to 1:00AM. Monday is a family day.
ENTRANCE TO Dubai Global Village
Admission tickets are priced at 15 AED(4 USD) which are available online on Global Village’s official site or at ticket counters on Entrance Gate of Global Village. Ticket counter opens at 3:30PM. Children below 3 and senior citizens above 65 can enter for free but official age proof is required at entrance. And, if you are going with senior citizens by your own private vehicle, then you can park your car at privileged parking /VIP Parking slot which is near the gate. Book online ticket from their official website by clicking here to avoid the huge rush on ticket windows.
LOCATION OF Dubai Global Village
Global Village is located on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, EXIT No. 37. There is two main entrance to Global Village – GATE OF THE WORLD and CULTURAL GATE.
HOW TO REACH Dubai Global Village
Dubai’s RTA – Public Transport has provided affordable and easy to use methods to reach Global Village.
Bus No:- 102 from Rashidiya METRO station
Bus No:- 103 from Union Station
Bus No. 104:- from Al Ghubaiba Metro Station
Bus No. 106:- from MALL OF EMIRATES METRO station. The bus starts from 3:15PM until 11:00 PM and takes approximately 30 minutes to reach by bus. Taxis also take you there which takes about 60AED (17USD) one way. There is huge parking outside Global Village, so can reach there by private cars or rent a car too.
FACTS ABOUT Dubai Global Village – Glimpse of World
- Global Village is an open-air theme park and an evening activity.
- It is so huge that whole Global Village cannot be covered during a single visit.
- Apart from World Tour, this park has an artificial water canal and Fantasy island with carnival, games and amusement rides.
- Photographs with Replicas
WHAT TO SHOP IN Dubai Global Village – Glimpse of World
- Persian Rugs/carpets from Middle East stall.
- Bedouin Jewelry, clothes from Afghanistan, Lebanon, Syria and Jordan pavilions.
- Pure Forest Honey from Syria and Yemen.
- Natural handmade Cosmetics from dead sea salts, black soap, camel milk soaps from Morocco and Jordan.
- Chocolate scrub, shea butter products and Jamaican Castor oil products from Africa.
- Artifacts from Russia and Africa
- Zircon and semi precious stones jewelry from Turkey.
- Children’s Toys, Funky Bags, and Glasses Glow T-shirts from China, Thailand pavilions.
- Authentic strands of Saffron from Iraq.
- Arabic handcrafted lamps and paintings from Middle East stalls.
- Spices and Leather products like embroidered purses, clutches and footwear from India.
- Textiles and cotton dresses from India.
- All pavilions have folk music and dance shows. Don’t miss them for an authentic experience.
- Make a list of countries which you want to visit first as you cannot do everything in one visit. Make your priority list before going or else you will be confused between many appealing options.
- This park requires a lot of walking so wear comfortable shoes or sandals and if going with small children then carry pram or stroller. Wheelchairs for adults are available at the entrance.
- You can park your car in the VIP Parking area with special tickets. Senior citizens can park their vehicle near the entrance.
- On weekends there is a huge rush, so try to reach at the opening time. Weekdays are preferred if you want to avoid rush/crowd.
- Check Events Calendar by clicking here for your favorite dance or music shows. Many celebrities from all over the world come here to perform and you can watch or enjoy them without any extra cost.
- Very safe and there are a lot of washroom facilities throughout.
- All Entertainment rides, or going on Roller coasters are to be paid extra, as they are not included in the entrance ticket. But all live shows, dance performances, folk music, fireworks, acrobats, etc are included in entrance ticket.
So why to wait for such a nice opportunity to get a Glimpse of World in one place and before the season ends Let’s go to Dubai Global Village – Glimpse of World
So, until then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are an independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by the site owner. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which owner of this site is not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase.