Perfect Itinerary of Udaipur – The Venice of the East
Udaipur, one of the most charming cities of Rajasthan is well famous as City of Lakes or Venice of the East. A rich history that runs more than a thousand years deep, Udaipur indeed makes an enticing place to visit for people of all ages. There are plenty of historical and scenic attractions that are sure to keep one busy and happy. I have earlier mentioned in my Historical Tour of Udaipur article about how I did this was my first historical tour in India. Udaipur has created magical memories in my mind since childhood. So read this post about how to spend 4 days in Udaipur.
I was going through a great package deal on Udaipur hotels and trip and got more great savings with some fantastic deals. The best time to visit is from November till March. So I am planning for my winter Vacation trip to Udaipur. There are plenty of engaging activities that take you to its lakes, palaces, forts, and gardens. So I made a Perfect Itinerary of Udaipur – The Venice of the East for my winter vacation with family. Udaipur is the perfect destination for family, couples, history lovers, architecture lovers, nature lovers and a wedding destination too. Also, there are many historical places nearby like Alwar. If you are a female traveler in India, then read some useful tips about what to wear in India for female travelers with some trendy and comfortable clothing tips. Read this about what historical things you can see in Alwar. If you are Planning for Jaipur then read this post for Perfect Itinerary for Jaipur with kids.
Sightseeing in Udaipur with my Family – Perfect Itinerary of Udaipur – The Venice of the East
- Enjoy a sunset cruise on Lake Pichola, a magnificent Lake with a surreal movie-like setting. Jag Mandir, Arsi Vilas, Jag Niwas, and Mohan Mandir are its four islands. One of the most joyful things to do in Udaipur is to take a boat cruise around the freshwater lake during sunset. Read more details about City Palace and Lake Pichola boat ride tour.
- Visit the favorite garden, Saheliyo ki Bari, which is a favorite visiting spot in Udaipur. The beautifully constructed garden comprises of lush green lawns, marble elephants, and fountains. It is indeed mesmerizing to capture the beauty of the garden in the camera.
- Take blessings at the Karni Mata temple, which is one of the best things to do in Udaipur. The temple, dedicated to the Hindu goddess Karni Mata is located on the Machla Magra Hills. It attracts people from all across the country and world.
- Explore Bagore ki Haveli which was built in the 18th century by the ruler of the Mewar province. It is situated in the Gangori Ghat, and the mansion operates as a museum today and is composed of 138 rooms. Enjoy looking at many art pieces in the longest turban and gallery.
- City Palace Museum is worth a visit, and it is indeed a unique experience to enjoy the Museum Sound and Light Show. The rooms are extravagantly decorated with tiles, mirrors, and paintings. Look at the varied collection of artifacts.
- Another fun thing to do is to ride the ropeway that will take you to Karni Mata temple. It is a favorite tourist activity that adds to the charm of the City of Lakes. You not only visit the temple but get a magnificent bird eye view of the city from the top.
- Visit the Jagmandir Island that was built by Maharana Karan. There is a romantic sparkle to Lake Palace when it is lit up at night. There are a restaurant, bar, and spa on the island which are open to visitors. Enjoy great food and drinks in the garden as well as lovely views across the lake.
- Explore the 19th-century palace, Sajjan Garh palace that is perched on top of a distant hill. Constructed by Maharana Sajjan Singh, it was an astronomical Centre; it soon became a monsoon palace and hunting lodge. Tourists come here to get marvelous views of the sunset.
Facts about Udaipur in Rajasthan –
- Udaipur is in Rajasthan – a North-Western state of India which is famous for glorious history and rich traditions.
- Currency – Indian Rupees.
- Language – Hindi, English
- Best time to Visit – Winter months (October to March). Read more about places to visit in India in November.
- What to shop for – Colorful cotton fabrics, Authentic and Traditional silver jewelry, Special Rajasthani Quilts, Pottery, Puppet styled dolls, Embroidered Chappals or shoes called as Mojris, Wooden Sculpted Furniture, Marble work, and Ivory items.
- Read more about a two week Rajasthan highlights Itinerary.
Not only there are many historical places in India, but India is also known for pilgrimages sites belonging to all religions. Go for a pilgrimage tour in India and read to know more about Top 7 Pilgrimages sites in India for every spiritual seeker and must be included in your list.
Picture Sources – Pixabay
So, until then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are an independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase.