“Mykonos” – the island of winds, is a famous island in Greece. A typical Mediterranean climate is where the sun shines for about 300 days of the year. Mykonos is renowned for its vibrant nightlife and the best beaches in the world. The most famous island of the Aegean sea. So presenting you with the 10 Best Things to Do in Mykonos, Greece, or know about the best places to visit in Mykonos with a full Mykonos itinerary 2 days.
CLICK HERE FOR GREECE 12 DAYS ITINERARY
CLICK TO BOOK HOTEL IN MYKONOS WITH VIEW OF WIND MILLS AND SEA
MYKONOS ITINERARY 2 DAYS – 10 Best Things To Do in Mykonos
- Sunset Drinks at Little Venice.
- Delicious Greek Food in Mykonos.
- Dance Like No One’s Watching.
- Explore the Island on an ATV.
- Catch a Movie at Cine Manto.
- Visit Other Islands. Naxos is a perfect day trip from Mykonos.
- Explore Mykonos Town (Chora) Mykonos windmills.
- Explore the Mykonos region by driving on your own. Click here to book rent a car in Mykonos.
Average Yearly Weather of Mykonos Greece
CLICK HERE TO BOOK HOTEL STAY IN MYKONOS
10 Best Things to do in Mykonos – Mykonos Itinerary 2 Days
Buildings are built right on the sea’s edge, with the sea’s waves kissing the balconies. This island was once a Pirate island in the 16th or 17th century. So this place was used for quick loading and unloading of goods. Now, these buildings are turned into antique bars, cafes, and restaurants. Lunch here is preferred for pretty views and to enjoy the sound of waves and winds.
Matoyianni Street (Mykonos street)
Matoyianni street in the old town is a maze of narrow streets. The network of streets was laid to confuse enemies from the sea. Very interesting to walk on the streets as you may find some dead-ends. The town is filled with unique shops that delight any shopper. The small shops sell various products, from cheap souvenirs to artwork, jewelry, and branded fashion items.
Street of Mykonos
The white-washed houses have terraces and brightly colored doors and windows. You will see Bougainville trees in bloom as you walk the cobble-stoned streets. Also, there are many boutique hotels in the area. Enjoy the walk and get lost to find something unique.
The Windmills (Kato Myli)
These iconic 16th-century traditional windmills overlooking Little Venice and the Aegean Sea are spectacular. These windmills are not functional today but were used in the 16th century for generating power to grind grain. They are in total 16 spread all over the island.
Paradise Beach – Best Mykonos Beaches
Party beach with loud music and beach dancers.
Super Paradise Beach – Best Mykonos Beaches
Beautiful turquoise-colored waters beach. The Hippest beach.
Psarou Beach is famous for attracting celebrities from all over the world. It has a beautiful sandy beach and clear waters. Water sports facilities such as scuba diving are available at Psarou. The beach is located at 5 km from Mykonos and can be reached by local bus. For ideas on what you should take check out this beach trip packing list.
Ornos beach is situated in front of a small fishing village, 2.5 km south of town and is the closest beach Mykonos city, with fine sand and sun beds and umbrellas for rent. Many water activities can be found here on rent.
Agios Stefanos Beach
Agios Stefanos Beach is the sandy beach next to the new harbor, Tourlos, of Mykonos, which is located 3.5km from Mykonos town. Many restaurants and hotels are there to stay.
Kalafatis is known for its water sports and so it is very much an active beach. In the left corner of the beach of Kalafatis, one can find a hut with hire facilities from a snorkel to diving. There is also a windsurf center, where you can rent board by the hour, and a watersports center for a jet ski.
Beautiful blue, clean, clear waters with antique-style hotel on a bay.
Many other famous beaches like Panormos Beach, Elia Beach, Lia Beach, Kalo Livadi, Paraga, Korfos, Agia Anna, Agrari etc. and famous churches like Delos and Folk Lore Museum.
Scooter ride in Mykonos is trendy to visit different attractions. Also, quad bikes and cars on rent are available.
Sunset from the lighthouse away on the hilltop is very enchanting. Though many people don’t go there, from here, you see the whole island. An isolated place and before heading towards it, check your car has enough fuel.
Where to stay in Mykonos?
- Click here to check our stay at Ilio Maris hotel with a view of windmills and sea and also read my reviews on it.
- Click here to check many luxury stay options in Mykonos like Belvedere Mykonos Hotel, Boheme Mykonos, Hermes Mykonos hotel, Mykonos Blu
- Book your mid-budget friendly options like Petinos Hotel or Lefteris
- Save money to choose some budget-friendly options like Hotel Nazos Mykonos town, or Anagram Boutique hotel.
- Click here to read more about Staying options in Mykonos.
Nature on Island while going on roads through different attractions
FAQ’s – 10 Best Things to do In Mykonos
- For Internal commuting – hire a car, bike, or scooter. There is not much public transport. Or you can book guided tours. Click here to book Mykonos half day tour with the guide. Or you can book to historic sites of Delos to the nearby island by boat. Book 8 hours 4WD jeep safari in this beautiful island to explore some idyllic beaches and rural villages with many stops for swimming and lazing around. Also, you can take 40 minutes cruise which runs from Mykonos to Delos. Delos is an uninhabited island and was the center of the ancient Greek world. Delos is a historical island.
- If you are not looking for expensive options, then plan your visit in the shoulder season, like April and September. From May to August, Mykonos can be costly as it is a peak season there.
- You will get vegetarian food as Greek cuisine has Stuffed Capsicums with herbs and rice, Fava Beans ( a type of lentils), Bread, Spinach pie, Roasted Eggplant, and Greek-style pizza.
- Stay with a view of windmills & the ocean or in the narrow streets of authentic white houses.
- Sunset is worth it here, and even you can book a cruise for sunset. But the best point is watching the evening from a higher point, near the old lighthouse or from some hilly top. Drive down there and wait for perfect timing.
- If you find Mykonos expensive to stay then choose nearby islands for staying in the night and do Mykonos as a day trip cruise from your stay location. You can also visit Naxos island nearby and visit Mykonos on a day trip. Click here to book Naxos to Mykonos day trip.
- As it is a party island, look out for some of your favorite DJ’s nite or theme parties. Favorable for a Destination party.
- Mykonos is a windy island, and therefore carry some coat or jacket for evenings.
- Apart from Mykonos, if you want to know what other places are in Greece to visit, then read my other post on Glorious Greece.
- What to do in Athens click here.
- Click here to book your Mykonos trip from Athens for 2 days and an overnight stay.
- Carry loads of suntan cream to enjoy in sun.
- Indulge in blue waters.
- Have Evenings full of Party.
- Get lost in the maze of streets.
Can we make a Mykonos trip from nearby islands? – Mykonos Vacation
Ans – You can make a Mykonos day trip from the nearby island – of Paros, and Naxos. As Mykonos can be very expensive during peak season, you can stay at Naxos or Paro’s and visit Mykonos as a day tour option.
- Click here to book your Mykonos day trip from Naxos island.
- Or click here to book your Mykonos day trip from Paros island.
Day trips from Mykonos to nearby islands – 10 Best Things to do In Mykonos
- Book your cruise to Delos Island Round Trip Boat Transfer.
- Click here to know why to book for ancient Delos tour.
- Click here to book Yacht Cruise to Rhenia Island & Guided Tour of Delos.
- Click here to book original morning tour to Delos.
Best Beach Clubs and Bars (Mykonos Entertainment / Nightlife options)
- Cavo Paradiso(On Beach)
- Tropicana Club on Paradise Beach (On Beach)
- Katerina’s Bar (Town)
- Queen of Mykonos(Town)
- Galleraki (Town)
- Remezzo (Town)
- Skandinavian Bar (Town)
- Paradise Club (On beach)
- @54 (Town)
- As Mykonos is famous as a party island, you would find numerous bars, nightclubs, dance bars, and beach clubs with popular DJs playing your favorite tunes.
Do we get Vegetarian food in Mykonos?
Ans – Yes a lot of Greek food is vegetarian-friendly. Some of them are Vegetable fritters, Greek Salad, Fava beans, spanakopita (or spinach pie), Spinach rich, stuffed Capsicum or tomato with herbs infused rice, Gemista, Ladera dishes, Briam (made of baked eggplant), Gigantes, Melitzanosalata, and Greek-styled pizza. You can read more about Greek dishes – Best restaurants in Mykonos with top things to eat and drink.
We landed in Mykonos from Santorini, by Super Jet Ferry on Old Port and left Mykonos through Blue Star Cruise on New Port. The ports of Mykonos are also worth visiting. So plan your Mykonos Greece Vacation soon for the upcoming holidays. I hope you loved reading 10 best things to do in Mykonos Greece, and will prepare very soon for Mykonos Itinerary 2 days.
Read about Interesting facts on Greece.
Stories of Mykonos in Hindi (Video) – MYKONOS history video – 10 Best Things to do In Mykonos
KEEP TRAVELING ….. KEEP EXPLORING…
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The blog’s content is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My thoughts can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
We are the independent owner of this site and the views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by site owner. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which the owner of this site is not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase.
We have been to Greece but have yet to visit Mykonos! We’ve always wanted to go. Those iconic whitewashed houses with blue roofs and that its so vibrant is so great. Your list of the best things to do will be helpful for our future plans.
As I live in Crete, I am forever grateful that I have many opportunities to visit many parts of Greece and her Islands never disappoints. 🇬🇷 💙
I love Greece & can’t wait to go back again. I’ve been island hopping in the Cyclades 6 times now & it always delivers. I’ve not been to Mykonos for many years as I was put off by the sheer volume of people whenever a cruise ship arrived (e.g. all the time!) but maybe it’s time to go back…maybe next year;)
Ah, beautiful Mykonos – such a gloriously pretty island – I love those bright white houses and the bright Greek blue everywhere!
Mykonos Street with its cobbled stone, beautiful windows and doors looks like the never ending place for exploring. A beautiful place to get lost. White sandy beaches around the island look great for a relaxation as well. I would say one shouldn’t miss the trip to the lighthouse to see the sunset. The view is amazing!
Thanks Umiko and yes Mykonos is great place with lovely streets
Thanks for sharing this post. Very useful as I was traveling to the island and some of the points helped. The windmill is very impressive. Your photos are brilliant as well. Thanks fir sharing
Great you are visiting shortly to Mykonos and some tips helped you. You can check other Greece posts for your tour planning.
I love love love Greece! I have never been to Mykonos but I have visited several other islands. And I am a big fan. I used to always buy a wall calendar for the next year so I each month I would have a new picture of Greece on my wall. Very good info on this post!
Thanks Paula! Greece is too my favorite!
I’ve always thought that the streets in Mykonos were so confusing to navigate, but I had no idea that it was built like that on purpose! I wish I would’ve had more time to spend on Mykonos to check out all these areas, but will be keeping this guide for next time!
Gorgeous Pictures!!! Makes me feel like I’m there!
I’ve made a Greece itinerary for one of my follower and now I’ll probably update it with the things mentioned above, and then submit. 😀 Thanks for sharing.