A quirky themed with unique food options is now attracting foodies and has become the major hotspot in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh (India). RAW the Restrobar is the idea of Chef AJ to innovate and experiment Indian and continental food with unique combinations and presentations. Chef AJ has previous experience with luxury hotels like Taj Hotels, JW Marriot and Courtyard Marriott – Bhopal and he has now come up with his own restaurant which offers signature dishes by him. Let’s go for Quirky Dining at RAW The Restrobar by Chef AJ in the biggest mall of Madhya Pradesh (India) at Bhopal.
Let’s take an overview of RAW The Restrobar by Chef AJ, Bhopal
RAW Restrobar has a quirky menu with rustic flavors of many places from India, the Far East, and Italian. The unique fusion of Indian and foreign foods make it a perfect choice to dine in Bhopal. A perfect combination of home flavors with a blend of western flavors and on top of it, they are served in a very interesting concept to your tables. Now I am taking you to a virtual tour of RAW the Restrobar by Chef AJ with many flavors all around the world at one table.
AMBIANCE / DÉCOR OF RAW The Restrobar by Chef AJ, Bhopal
As the name of this restaurant is RAW and so is the interiors. Wooden walls with unique ceiling lamps hung by ropes, bold colored couches make this place an Instragrammable spot. Raw wooden furniture, brick walls with chandeliers made up of vehicle registration plates makes this place a quirky and unique in Bhopal. There are many types of seating arrangements like high dining – bar styled, couches, Lounge styled sofas and regular wooden dining tables. All seating arrangements have peculiarities and innovative decorations. You can choose your dining style according to your mood and group style.
One of the walls is adorned with quirky kitchen items like wooden spatulas, aprons, tongs, frying pans, and other necessities.
This Restrobar also has a big open bar with bartender making your drinks time extra special. Lots of options and innovations can also be seen in Mojitos, alcoholic drinks, and Fruit juices too.
You can also select your seating near the big window which has a view of busiest crossroads of Bhopal. Even you can select a cozy lighted area with soft lights or bright area with ample sunlight and many lights. This restaurant has a special lighting ing arrangement all over the restaurant.
And there is the funky type of music beats playing in the background all the time when you enter which keeps the environment very energetic and vibrant.
So let’s get soak into the quirky vibes of this place which has wooden interiors with many seating styles, colorful couches, and lovely innovative food at RAW the Restrobar by Chef AJ.
WHAT I ORDERED AT RAW THE RESTROBAR, BHOPAL –
I chose my chair styled seating near the glass through which I can see the activities outside and tapped my feet the vibrant music playing in the background. Also, I took many time-lapse pictures from this location of the busy streets of India with many vehicles moving around the crossroads.
We were welcomed by one of the staff members and by Chef AJ who took our order very patiently explaining all the details of the menu.
- For STARTERS – I ordered Innovative style of Mexican Tacos filled with Indian Chick-peas – This is a very big starter with the Indian style of chapati/roti filled with Tacos style of filling. Instead of kidney-beans, this one has been innovated by filling chick-peas(chana in Indian language) with Mexican condiments and toppings. Though they are served in 2 pieces they are very big and are great fillers.
- Veg Burmese Khow Suey – It is a Burmese dish made up of gram flour, coconut milk and many condiments which is served with hot rice.
- Penne Arabiatta – A perfect red tomato sauce and spicy Pasta with authentic Italian herbs. It is served with Garlic bread. Portion size is also great.
For DRINKS, I ordered Mint Lemonade without soda and Fruit punch with Vanilla Ice-cream. You can customize your drinks too and the bartender is there to always help you in making your favorite drinks. Also, there is a wide variety of drinks and Mojitos in their Bar Menu.
You will get a lemon dipped hot water to wash your hands after finishing your meals and also you can have Indian Mouth freshener which has good digestive properties.
MY VERDICT –
Ambiance – 5 out of 5
Food – 4 out of 5 (many varieties of food)
Service – 4 out of 5
Cleanliness – 5 out of 5
Presentation – 4.8 out 5
- Various food with many innovations. You can have North Indian, Far East and Italian style of food.
- All food and menu are made under the supervision of Chef AJ himself who also owns this restaurant.
- Organic and fresh ingredients
- Welcoming and Courteous staff
- Many styles of seating arrangement
- Quirky decor
- Fully Operational Bar
- Kids Friendly
- Opens from Noon to Midnight
- Located on the 3rd floor of very famous Mall of Central India.
- Many Vegetarian and Vegan varieties.
- Vibrant and Energetic Music is playing all the time.
- There are many themed nights arranged by them. Check it on their Facebook page.
- As it is located in Mall, there is no problem of Parking.
- It is a popular and quirky hangout of Bhopal, so book your table in advance.
- If you are celebrating your special occasions like Birthdays or Anniversaries then let them know in advance so they can prepare a special seating for you.
- Take the window seating as you can have the best views.
- Try something new which you had never before.
- Take lots of pictures with rustic interiors of wood and bricks. This restaurant is Instragrammable.
PRICE – INR 600 – 750 approximately for 2 people
GOOGLE MAP LOCATION – Click here to reach this location.
PHONE NO:– +91 755 6644876
ADDRESS – DB city mall, Third Floor, Arera Hills, Maharana Pratap Nagar, Bhopal
RECOMMENDED FOR – Romantic Dinners, Energetic Parties, Date Night, Family Dinners, Youngster Eat-out, Kitty Parties, and also check out their special Weekend or Festive nights
Enjoy your special Date night or family time at authentic & rustic RAW the Restrobar which is located in the most famous Mall of Bhopal, India. The taste of the food which prepared uniquely by Chef AJ’s supervision, quirky ambiance, hospitable staff will win your heart and satisfy your appetite. If you are visiting Bhopal in central India or living in Bhopal then bookmark this restaurant for perfect meals.
Note – Though I was invited by RAW the Restrobar for Lunch, the views and opinions are my own and not influenced by anyone.
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are an independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase.