India – Pak ODI Cricket Match
Cricket – a game, but Religion to many Sports Lovers and also it holds a special respect in World of Games/Sports. Cricket is popularly known as “Gentlemen’s Game”. Cricket enjoys a Jam packed stadium full of cheering spectators/audiences from all parts of the world. Played in 3 formats – 5 Day Matches, One Day and T20, this game is not popular for only the game but for its beautiful oval or rounded huge stadiums and lush green grass fields with open sky. In this post read about Visit to Dubai International Cricket Stadium for India-Pak match in Asia Cup
These beautiful stadiums all over the world which are having much historic importance in Cricket’s history are worth visiting, though if there is no match being played there. Cricket can also be watched from your homes on Television screens, but the joy of traveling to a place and watching the live Match at beautiful stadiums with cheerful crowds is unmatched. You would feel the thrill and excitement of the game with the live audience.
Recently I visited Dubai International Cricket Stadium to witness the iconic India-Pakistan Asia Cup ODI Cricket Match. This is my first visit to International Matches, though I have seen stadiums earlier but without any games. Many of you must be knowing that in cricket’s history, The India-Pakistan matches are the most exciting and interesting ones in Cricket History. It is always a thrill to watch for the cutthroat competition between two teams. Not only Indians or Pakistanis watch these matches, all crickets players of whatsoever the nationality is watched India-Pak International Cricket Match. People specially flew from far off destinations to witness these live cricket matches. India-Pak Game tickets are always sold much before in advance.
About Visit to Dubai International Cricket Stadium –
It was formerly known as Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium which is a multi-purpose stadium. It has the capacity to hold 25,000 people with unique floodlights arrangements.
The rim of the stadium’s roof has around 365 floodlights arranged in series which stands bold and bright in Dubai skyline. This special arrangement of floodlights on the roof of the stadium looks like “RING OF FIRE”. Being UAE a hot country, mostly all the matches start from late afternoon and stretch till late at night.
The stadium is bowl-shaped with lush green grass, very well maintained even in hot weathers. Every seat is arranged especially, so that person seating there gets an excellent and unblocked view of the ground.
Also, the players changing rooms are the most luxurious ones compared to other cricket grounds in the world.
Dubai International Cricket Stadium lits up the evening sky with its “Ring of Fire”
LOCATION – Located on Emirates Road End in Dubai Sports City End.
There are mainly two levels of seating – Ground level and top Level.
I chose Ground level seating as it is very close to the fielders, players, cameras and excited people. You can go for a top-level seating to take the full view of the stadium but players and game would look tiny. I did not carry big cameras and taken all shots from my mobile.
TIPS TO BE TAKEN CARE WHILE VISIT TO DUBAI INTERNATIONAL CRICKET STADIUM FOR LIVE MATCHES
- There is a big unpaved area for parking. I paid around AED 20 for full match parking. It takes around 10 to 15 minutes after parking the car to reach the entry of the stadium by walking on foot.
- Parking is huge and not numbered as they are expecting 25,000 people, so it is better to take a picture of the car or location, so it is not difficult to figure out your car in the late
- You can also catch or Book Dubai Public Taxis, Uber and Careem to reach the venue.
- Bag-packs, huge purses, eatables, and Outside drinks are not allowed inside the stadium as everything is available inside.
- If you have small ladies purse then you have to open it and get it checked through Security gates.
- Bring the printout of tickets with you.
- They were not checking the Photo-Id proof, so I don’t think so it is mandatory to carry photo Id proof. But check before going.
- You can carry flags, mascots, Charts, posters and Masks from home with you.
- Outside the stadium, there are many vendors who sell flags of the playing teams, quick face paint.
- Food and eatables are available inside but on Cash. Bring enough change to purchase water bottles, food items, ice-creams or Icy Sodas.
- This was as India-Pak match so all local food of respective countries was available like Samosas, Vada Pav, Chaats, and Biryani. But you can also opt for International food brands like Pizzas from Pizza Hut, KFC stuff, and Baskin Robins Ice-creams.
- The match starts from late afternoon and for around 2 to 3 hours it is a lot of heat. Carry good sunscreen suitable according to UAE weather, scarf to cover yourself, sunglasses and Hats.
- There are designated areas for both the countries. Look out for that, for example, India was designated Orange stand and Pakistan as Green stand. Your ticket must be showing that and this thing you can choose while booking online tickets or purchase tickets in hand.
- Carry fully charged mobile, as there are not charging points near your seat. Or you can carry battery power Banks to charge your mobiles.
- Be prepared for lots of noise, excitement, dance, and thrill.
- Food vendors come to your seat and deliver all your eatables and drinks. No need to leave your seats.
- There is VIP seating area with VIP parking facility.
- Respect the sentiments of Opponent Team’s fans or audiences.
- When leaving the venue, be prepared to face the crowd. Don’t panic while taking out the car, as you may be stuck in jam for 10 to 15 minutes.
- A very Safe venue without any nuisance of the crowd. No pickpocketing or unusual behavior inside or outside the stadium.
- If you are a tourist then plan your next morning easy going as you would be very much tired after an exciting Late night Match.
- All tickets of different matches are priced differently. For finals the price of the ticket is different. Check the rates of tickets on the official online booking website.
There are many beautiful and Historic Cricket stadiums which are worth visiting though you don’t go for live matches-
- The Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Lord’s London
- Wankhede Mumbai
- Sydney Cricket Ground
- Eden Gardens Kolkata
- The Oval Ground, London
- HPCL Stadium in Dharamshala – India
- Queenstown Center, New Zealand
Dubai International Cricket Stadium is very new and has been recently launched in 2010. The unique feature of this stadium is “Ring of Fire” Light system which minimizes the shadows of objects. Other ancient styled Cricket stadiums have only huge Towers to support floodlights because earlier Cricket used to be only a Day affair, but now it has been transformed to Day-night matches so that people can work in mornings and witness matches in late evenings.
If you are in Dubai then, go go for this Stunning Beaches tour to La Mer or JBR Beach. Also, you can go to Al Fahidi Historic area for souq style of shopping with local handicrafts. Dubai has diverse food options from all around the world. Check for it. There are many nearby destinations which are good enough for a day trip to Hatta, Liwa Desert, Al-ain, Mleiha deserts, Fujairah and many more.
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase