Explore the hidden wealth of nature, virgin mountains, hospitable people in rural areas. Get soak into the warmth of nature and true love. Snow-clad paths leading you to meditation and peace. Blue skies and crystal blue water fill our hearts with love. Georgia in Eastern Europe, a hidden treasure which is not known to many people. So let’s Discover Georgia in winters.
გამარჯობა (gamarjoba) – Hello in Georgia
Major Airports of Georgia – Tbilisi, and Batumi
Georgia, a country at the intersection of Europe and Asia, is a former Soviet republic that’s home to Caucasus Mountain villages and the Black Sea beaches. It’s famous for Vardzia, a sprawling cave monastery dating to the 12th century, and the ancient wine-growing region Kakheti. The capital, Tbilisi, is known for the diverse architecture and mazelike, cobblestone streets of its old town. If you are planning for Svaneti – 4-day Adventure trip then click here to book your trip.
Winter Activities in Georgia
Places which I have explored
- East Georgia(Gombori Pass)
- Ananuri Fortress
- Borjomi area
- Green Monastery
- Rabati Castle
I traveled from Tbilisi to all the rural areas of Georgia in the winter month of February to see the snow-clad areas with blue skies and perfect sun. My stay in Tbilisi was at Courtyard Tbilisi by Marriott. Click here to book your stay too as it is located in Independence square at Tbilisi with superb views of the city.
We hired a local person to make us go through the real culture of this place. Because of him, we are able to taste the authentic traditional food with natural and untouched surroundings. Georgia is very different in summers and winters. Both seasons are very beautiful.
Book Flights to Tbilisi, Georgia or check the flight schedule for planning Georgia trip :
Let’s Discover Georgia in winters | Winter activities in Georgia | General Tips –
- Currency – Georgian Lari
- Language – Georgian mostly but many people dealing with tourists understands English.
- Kazbegi Gudauri Signaghi Borjomi Area Ushguli Tbilisi Try local red wine which is very sweet in taste and local fruits like grapes, plums, pomegranates, and berries.
- For local food khachapuri, lobiyani and lobiyo Restaurants must try in Tbilisi – Machkala.
- Homestays are very family oriented kind as people welcome their guests like their own relatives or friends.
Recommended 3 days Itinerary for Georgia
- Day 1 – Stay at Tbilisi and in early morning Go to East Georgia in which you cover Bodbe Monastery, Signaghi(City of Love), Wine tasting at the winery in Kakheti, Lopota Lake, Gombori Pass and return back to Tbilisi.
- Day 2 – Go to Jvari Monastery, Mtshekta, Ananuri Fortress, Gudauri /Kazbegi and return back to Tbilisi or stay at night in Kazbegi. Click here to book your day trip to Gudauri / Kazbegi
- Day 3 – Come back to Tbilisi and have a Tbilisi city tour by walking around the Narikala fortress and going up to the hill by cable car. Witness the old street ethnic houses of Tbilisi. Also, you can go to Trinity Church, Bridge of Peace, Mtsaminda Park and Botanical gardens.
5 Days Itinerary of Georgia in winters
- Day 1 :– Stay at Tbilisi and in early morning Go to East Georgia in which you cover Bodbe Monastery, Signaghi(City of Love), Wine tasting at winery in Kakheti, Lopota Lake, Gombori Pass and return back to Tbilisi.
- Day 2:- Very early morning you go to Borjomi Forest, Gori, and Rabati Castle. Distance is long so preferred to leave early morning and if you want to stay near Borjomi then next day you can see famous Vardzia caves.
- Day 3 – Go to Jvari Monastery, Mtshekta, Ananuri Fortress, Agravi river bathing Gadauri /Kazbegi and stay at night in Kazbegi
- Day 4 – Kazbegi sightseeing and return to Tbilisi and enjoy Tbilisi evenings
- Day 5 Tbilisi city tour by walking around the Narikala fortress and going up to the hill by cable car. Witness the old street ethnic houses of Tbilisi. Also, you can go to Trinity Church, Bridge of Peace, Mtsaminda Park and Botanical gardens. Also, natural sulfur baths of Tbilisi are famous and one must try it but be cautious water is too hot.
SNOW RESORTS OF GEORGIA | GEORGIA IN WINTERS
2.) Bakuriani (Check below stay options near skiing resort of Bakuriani). Click here to purchase a pass for Hiking in Georgia Tour. As skiing requires special dressing, read more about what to wear skiing – a first timer guide.
Packing List for Georgia in Winters –
My video on snowy Georgia
Shopping – Sweets made from Grape juice and nuts, Red wine, Handicrafts like meenakari jewelry and woolen stuff made from original sheep wool and fur.
As this is a winter trip, try to carry a lot of thermal wear and ski related stuff for ski resorts. Read about what to carry packing list for Winter Holidays.
USEFUL READS BEFORE PLANNING FOR GEORGIA IN WINTERS
- Georgia Itinerary with many options and ideas.
- Vegetarian Georgian Food Guide.
- Tbilisi City Tour.
- Kazbegi Things To Do.
- Mtskheta City Tour.
- Uplistsikhe or Gori Cave Town Tour.
- Rabati Castle / Borjomi Forest Tour.
- 25 Things to know before you plan for Georgia.
- Select perfect Hotel Stay In Tbilisi.
- Wine Tour to Kakheti / Signaghi from Tbilisi.
Loved it… Then Pin It…
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
If you wish to collaborate/work with me then contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow my blog on social media channels at
All content and photos belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com and use of content / photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase