Spain which lies in Europe’s Iberian Peninsula has diverse geography, beautiful nature and cultures. Explore Spain in this article which includes top listed cities, cultural towns, beaches, and many exciting places. For visiting Spain check it on their official website. Also, you must know 30 Things to know before visiting Spain. Read Spain Itinerary for 2 weeks in this post.
Check these 25 perfect novels about Spain for Spain-obsessed.
Hola(Hello in Spain) – Let’s Explore Spain in 12 days | SPAIN ITINERARY | Planner for Spain Trip
BARCELONA – 3 Days
Barcelona a vibrant, joyous and bright city with full of attractions for all tastes. One of the most visited and popular tourist destination of the world. Click here to know about my stay in Barcelona.
Worth visiting places in Barcelona | Spain Itinerary
Within 2 days you can cover these places mentioned below either through public transport like Metro/bus or by Hop on Hop Off Bus tours. Click here to book your day tours in Barcelona.
- Sagrada Familia
- Illa de la Piscordia
- Casa Batllo
- La Ramla (very lively place – exciting night life)
- Jardi Botanical Garden
- Anella Olimpica
- Museu Nacional D’ Art de Catalunya
- Placa de Catalunya
- Port Vell
- Cable car ride from Montjuiic Hill
- Colombus Monument
- Torre Agbar
Day Trips from Barcelona :
On 3rd day you can select any one of the following day trips.
- Montserrat mountains – Click here to book day trip to Montserrat monastery and wine, tapas tour from Barcelona.
- Penedes Wine Region – Click here to book the Catalan coast trip with wine making process in Penedes valley and fishing village of Sitges.
- Costa Brava beaches – Click here to book full day trip to Costa Brava across Blanes or book half day trip to Costa Brava along with charming village of Tossa de Mar and tourist resort of Lloret de Mar.
- Tarragona – Click here to know why you should go for Tarragona day tour.
- Girona & Figueres – Click here to book full day trip to Girona and Figueres.
- Cadaques – Click here to book Cadaques village tour with Dali museum tour.
- Tossa de Mar
VALENCIA- 1 Day
Valencia a beautiful city of Spain is famous for its wonderful architecture from ancient medieval times and even modern times.
Worth visiting places in Valencia | Spain Itinerary
- North Station
- Town Hall Square
- Plaza de la Virgen
- Plaza de Mercado
- City of Arts & Science Center
- La Lonja
- Valencia Cathedral
- Book your Gastronomic or food tour in Valencia – Exciting Tapas tour in Valencia.
- Admire street art, sculpture and exteriors/facade of buildings. Go for city tour where old meets new and click here to book your day tour in Valencia.
SEVILLE – 2 Days
Seville a flamboyant and cultural city of Spain with many worth visiting historical places. Birth place of Flamenco dance. Click here to know about my Seville stay.
Worth visiting places in Seville | Spain Itinerary
- Alcazar of Seville
- Plaza de Espana
- Seville Cathedral
- Street tour
- Flamenco Dance show – Book your Flamenco show tickets in advance and click here to know more.
- Appreciate famous pottery of Seville.
- Flora/Fauna, Live in traditional Spanish Villa and splurge on delicious Spanish food- A city of Flamenco dance and many great Spanish architectures.
Day Trips from Seville
- Click here to know about why to go for Alhambra and Granada on a full-day trip from Seville
- Visit the city of Granada from Seville and click here to book this day trip.
- Day trip to Gibraltar
MALAGA – 2 Days
Famous for exotic beaches and 300 days of sun. Some of the very famous Spanish beaches are located in and around Malaga. Click here to know about my stay in Malaga.
Worth visiting places in Malaga | Spain Itinerary
- Malaga City Center Beaches
- Torremolinos Beaches
- Alcazaba de Malaga
- Cathedral of Incarnation
- Mtjana Square
- Parks of Malaga
- El Pedregaleju
- Calle Larios
- Museum of Pablo Picasso
- Cafe tours / food tours , Spanish coastal houses and street tours
Day Trips from Malaga
MADRID – 3 Days
The majestic capital of Spain with great architectures and exotic night-life. Book your city tour in Madrid by clicking this.
Worth visiting places in Madrid | Spain Itinerary
- Buen Retiro Park
- Royal Palace of Madrid – Click here to book Royal Palace guided tour.
- Plaza Mayor
- Museo Nacional Del Prado and Thyssen Bornemissa Museum
- Puerta Del Sol
- Temple of Debod
- Puerta de Alcala
- Walk along Gran Via
- Cybele Palace
- Read Madrid Football Club – Click here to book the guided tour to know the history of the Real Madrid football team in the Bernabéu Stadium museum
- Real Basilica de San Francisco el Grande
Day Trips from Madrid
- Click here to book your day trip to Segovia and Toledo from Madrid.
- Click here to know why you should book for El Escorial and Valley of the Fallen memorial tour.
- Click here to book historic UNESCO World Heritage Site of Cuenca, located on the cliffs of the Huécar River gorge.
- Visit Avila and Salamanca and click here to book this trip in advance.
- Click here to book day trip to Avila and Segovia
Major International Airports
Barcelona and Madrid
What to eat in Spain ?
Enjoy delicious tapas, Paella, Mediterranean cuisine in any Spanish type of restaurants. You can also enjoy traditional folk dances like Flamenco dance or Tap dance with your meals at many tapas bar.
Things to Do (Mostly Recommended) during Spain Trip | SPAIN ITINERARY | Planner for Spain Trip
- Spain can be explored by road trip also. For more information on a road trip in Spain read this Euro road Tripping around Spain.
- Explore old architecture in Seville and Madrid. Witness Columbus’s journey and discovering America starting port in Barcelona.
- Explore natural trails at Camino de Santiago
- Beaches and water activities in Malaga.
- Authentic Spanish cuisine – Paella & Tapas in a Spanish restaurant/cafe with their local music and Flamenco and Tap dance
- Street and Night life of Barcelona(La Rambla Street)
- Modern life of Madrid with palaces, museums, gardens, and shopping.
- Souvenier shopping at La Rambla street of Barcelona
- Football lovers can head to biggest clubs of football like Real Madrid and FC Barcelona
- Handmade Pottery from Seville.
- Visit Northern Spain is equally beautiful with wineries and stunning Coastlines.
- Read this about Best Travel BackPack for Europe to make your journey more comfortable.
- Know some facts about Spain.
There are many exotic Spanish islands which are also must visit places. for their beautiful landscapes, blue waters, and relaxed places. I would recommend Ibiza – famous for wild parties and Lanzarote – volcanic landscapes and a relaxed place.
Commuting in Spain | SPAIN ITINERARY | Planner for Spain Trip
- Hop On & Hop Off Buses or Public transport in Cities.
- For intercity you can also rent a car and go from one city to another. Read more about Spain road trip.
- Internal flights is also another means to commute between major cities of Spain.
- Intercity Trains to one city to another city by Renfe rail. International tourists can take Spain pass and can travel all around. Click here to book affordable train tickets in Europe.
- It is a pass only available for citizens resident in countries outside of Spain. It is strictly personal, nontransferable, and is only valid upon presentation of a passport or a residence certificate. Proof of citizenship can be established with a passport/identity card. Proof of residence can be established with government-issued residency documents.
- Customers can choose Passes of 4, 6, 8 or 10 journeys, to be used within 1 month. Two modalities: Preferential or Tourist.
- It is valid for all AVE Long Distance and Medium Distance trains (excluding couchettes). You choose the number of journeys you wish to make.
- This pass is active for 6 months as from the date of issue and is valid for 1 month as from the date on which it is first validated for a journey.
- A cancellation fee applies 24 hours after your purchase. No refund after the first journey.
- To travel you must reserve a seat.
- You must always carry on your Renfe Spain Pass and reservation. It can always be printed as needed.
Currency of Spain
Staying in Spain-
There are many Spanish villas converted into the hotel. So if you want to feel Spain and be like them then prefer those villas. They are kept into natural and traditional condition but with all facilities. Check my traditional Spanish villa stay by clicking here.
Spain has all types of beauty like Architecture, Antique style of buildings, Exotic Beaches, Natural Scenery, Sporting Activities, Beautiful Roads, Cultural Tap Dances and Music, Authentic Food.
RELATED READS –
- Barcelona Sightseeing attractions.
- Madrid Guide.
- Things to do in Cultural Seville.
- Perfect Beach Destination Malaga.
- Valencia Guide.
Watch Spain on Lonely Planet
Loved Spain Guide Then Pin it…..
So Keep Traveling and Keep Exploring………………….
All photos are taken by Travelwithme247blog and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase