Spain which lies in Europe’s Iberian Peninsula has a diverse geography, beautiful nature, and cultures. Explore Spain in this article which includes top listed cities, cultural towns, beaches, and many exciting places. For visiting Spain check it on their official website. Also, you must know 30 Things to know before visiting Spain. Read Spain Itinerary for 2 weeks in this post.
Check these 25 perfect novels about Spain for Spain-obsessed.
Hola(Hello in Spain) – Let’s Explore Spain in 12 days | SPAIN ITINERARY | Planner for Spain Trip
BARCELONA – 3 Days
Barcelona a vibrant, joyous and bright city with full of attractions for all tastes. One of the most visited and popular tourist destination of the world. Click here to know about my stay in Barcelona.
Worth visiting places in Barcelona | Spain Itinerary
Within 2 days you can cover these places mentioned below either through public transport like Metro/bus or by Hop on Hop Off Bus tours. Click here to book your day tours in Barcelona.
- Sagrada Familia
- Illa de la Piscordia
- Casa Batllo
- La Ramla (very lively place – exciting night life)
- Jardi Botanical Garden
- Anella Olimpica
- Museu Nacional D’ Art de Catalunya
- Placa de Catalunya
- Port Vell
- Cable car ride from Montjuiic Hill
- Colombus Monument
- Torre Agbar
Day Trips from Barcelona :
On 3rd day you can select any one of the following day trips.
- Montserrat mountains – Click here to book day trip to Montserrat monastery and wine, tapas tour from Barcelona.
- Penedes Wine Region – Click here to book the Catalan coast trip with wine making process in Penedes valley and fishing village of Sitges.
- Costa Brava beaches – Click here to book full day trip to Costa Brava across Blanes or book half day trip to Costa Brava along with charming village of Tossa de Mar and tourist resort of Lloret de Mar.
- Tarragona – Click here to know why you should go for Tarragona day tour.
- Girona & Figueres – Click here to book full day trip to Girona and Figueres.
- Cadaques – Click here to book Cadaques village tour with Dali museum tour.
- Tossa de Mar
VALENCIA- 1 Day
Valencia a beautiful city of Spain is famous for its wonderful architecture from ancient medieval times and even modern times. Click here to know my stay in Valencia.
Worth visiting places in Valencia | Spain Itinerary
- North Station
- Town Hall Square
- Plaza de la Virgen
- Plaza de Mercado
- City of Arts & Science Center
- La Lonja
- Valencia Cathedral
- Book your Gastronomic or food tour in Valencia – Exciting Tapas tour in Valencia.
- Admire street art, sculpture and exteriors/facade of buildings. Go for city tour where old meets new and click here to book your day tour in Valencia.
SEVILLE – 2 Days
Seville a flamboyant and cultural city of Spain with many worth visiting historical places. Birth place of Flamenco dance. Click here to know about my Seville stay.
Worth visiting places in Seville | Spain Itinerary
- Alcazar of Seville
- Plaza de Espana
- Seville Cathedral
- Street tour
- Flamenco Dance show – Book your Flamenco show tickets in advance and click here to know more.
- Appreciate famous pottery of Seville.
- Flora/Fauna, Live in traditional Spanish Villa and splurge on delicious Spanish food- A city of Flamenco dance and many great Spanish architectures.
Day Trips from Seville
- Click here to know about why to go for Alhambra and Granada on a full-day trip from Seville
- Visit the city of Granada from Seville and click here to book this day trip.
- Day trip to Gibraltar
MALAGA – 2 Days
Famous for exotic beaches and 300 days of sun. Some of the very famous Spanish beaches are located in and around Malaga. Click here to know about my stay in Malaga.
Worth visiting places in Malaga | Spain Itinerary
- Malaga City Center Beaches
- Torremolinos Beaches
- Alcazaba de Malaga
- Cathedral of Incarnation
- Mtjana Square
- Parks of Malaga
- El Pedregaleju
- Calle Larios
- Museum of Pablo Picasso
- Cafe tours / food tours , Spanish coastal houses and street tours
Day Trips from Malaga
Book your Half Day trip/excursion to Caminito Del Ray.
MADRID – 3 Days
The majestic capital of Spain with great architectures and exotic night-life. Book your city tour in Madrid by clicking this.
Worth visiting places in Madrid | Spain Itinerary
- Buen Retiro Park
- Royal Palace of Madrid – Click here to book Royal Palace guided tour.
- Plaza Mayor
- Museo Nacional Del Prado and Thyssen Bornemissa Museum
- Puerta Del Sol
- Temple of Debod
- Puerta de Alcala
- Walk along Gran Via
- Cybele Palace
- Read Madrid Football Club – Click here to book the guided tour to know the history of the Real Madrid football team in the Bernabéu Stadium museum
- Real Basilica de San Francisco el Grande
Day Trips from Madrid
- Click here to book your day trip to Segovia and Toledo from Madrid.
- Click here to know why you should book for El Escorial and Valley of the Fallen memorial tour.
- Click here to book historic UNESCO World Heritage Site of Cuenca, located on the cliffs of the Huécar River gorge.
- Visit Avila and Salamanca and click here to book this trip in advance.
- Click here to book day trip to Avila and Segovia
Major International Airports
Barcelona and Madrid
What to eat in Spain ?
Enjoy delicious tapas, Paella, Mediterranean cuisine in any Spanish type of restaurants. You can also enjoy traditional folk dances like Flamenco dance or Tap dance with your meals at many tapas bar.
Things to Do (Mostly Recommended) during Spain Trip | SPAIN ITINERARY | Planner for Spain Trip
- Spain can be explored by road trip also. For more information on a road trip in Spain read this Euro road Tripping around Spain.
- Check Ultimate Spain Packing list and know about what to pack for Spain vacay.
- Explore old architecture in Seville and Madrid. Witness Columbus’s journey and discovering America starting port in Barcelona.
- Explore natural trails at Camino de Santiago
- Beaches and water activities in Malaga.
- Authentic Spanish cuisine – Paella & Tapas in a Spanish restaurant/cafe with their local music and Flamenco and Tap dance
- Street and Night life of Barcelona(La Rambla Street)
- Modern life of Madrid with palaces, museums, gardens, and shopping.
- Souvenier shopping at La Rambla street of Barcelona
- Football lovers can head to biggest clubs of football like Real Madrid and FC Barcelona
- Handmade Pottery from Seville.
- Visit Northern Spain is equally beautiful with wineries and stunning Coastlines.
- Read this about Best Travel BackPack for Europe to make your journey more comfortable.
- Know some facts about Spain.
There are many exotic Spanish islands which are also must visit places. for their beautiful landscapes, blue waters, and relaxed places. I would recommend Ibiza – famous for wild parties and Lanzarote – volcanic landscapes and a relaxed place.
Commuting in Spain | SPAIN ITINERARY | Planner for Spain Trip
- Hop On & Hop Off Buses or Public transport in Cities.
- For intercity you can also rent a car and go from one city to another. Read more about Spain road trip.
- Internal flights is also another means to commute between major cities of Spain.
- Intercity Trains to one city to another city by Renfe rail. International tourists can take Spain pass and can travel all around. Click here to book affordable train tickets in Europe.
- It is a pass only available for citizens resident in countries outside of Spain. It is strictly personal, nontransferable, and is only valid upon presentation of a passport or a residence certificate. Proof of citizenship can be established with a passport/identity card. Proof of residence can be established with government-issued residency documents.
- Customers can choose Passes of 4, 6, 8 or 10 journeys, to be used within 1 month. Two modalities: Preferential or Tourist.
- It is valid for all AVE Long Distance and Medium Distance trains (excluding couchettes). You choose the number of journeys you wish to make.
- This pass is active for 6 months as from the date of issue and is valid for 1 month as from the date on which it is first validated for a journey.
- A cancellation fee applies 24 hours after your purchase. No refund after the first journey.
- To travel you must reserve a seat.
- You must always carry on your Renfe Spain Pass and reservation. It can always be printed as needed.
Currency of Spain
Staying in Spain-
There are many Spanish villas converted into the hotel. So if you want to feel Spain and be like them then prefer those villas. They are kept into natural and traditional condition but with all facilities. Check my traditional Spanish villa stay by clicking here.
Spain has all types of beauty like Architecture, Antique style of buildings, Exotic Beaches, Natural Scenery, Sporting Activities, Beautiful Roads, Cultural Tap Dances and Music, Authentic Food.
RELATED READS –
- Barcelona Sightseeing attractions.
- Madrid Guide.
- Things to do in Cultural Seville.
- Perfect Beach Destination Malaga.
- Valencia Guide.
Watch Spain on Lonely Planet
Loved Spain Guide Then Pin it…..
So Keep Traveling and Keep Exploring………………….
All photos are taken by Travelwithme247blog and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase
These photos are stunning! This post only confirms what my brother said last time he visited Spain. I’ll have to start planning our next vacation right away!
Thanks for loving photos.You should really plan for Spain as it is more beautiful than any photos or videos. Take this guide and plan your own trip
Your post reminded me of how much we want to get back to Spain. We have seen a lot but have still missed some gems. It sure seems like we could re-visit Barcelona and do one or more day trips. Valencia is definitely on our list to visit. I love all the architecture in that part of Spain. And I would definitely be up to do a tapas tour! We have mixed memories from Malaga but you have reminded me that we missed a lot. Should give it a second chance. Thanks for adding some new spots.
Wow, you’ve certinly crammed in a lot of highlights of Spain. It’s such an expansive country you could certainly spend months here exploring the country fully. So kudos to you for whittling down the best of the best. Out of your list, the Gaudi architecture in Barcelona is a must for anyone gonig to Spain. It’s stunning.
I too agree Spain is very diverse and vast country and we need months and months to explore it.
It looks like there is so much to see in Spain! I’ve heard so many good things about Seville, and Malaga looks gorgeous too! Great pictures, I’d love to get over there myself! 🙂
You would love it. Spain is gorgeous.
My family lived in Spain for 3 years and were fortunate to get to many of these spots. You have put together a GREAT itinerary even some things I still need to do!
It is great that your family lived here for 3 years and have covered many major attractions. Thanks for liking this post.
So beautiful!! Spain is so vibrant and I love the colors! Thank you so much for such an incredibly helpful guide. What would you say are the 3 things someone cannot miss when they visit Spain for the first time?
Seville for culture, Malaga for beaches and pick any city Madrid or Barcelona.
The newly renovated port area in Malaga is also amazing and a great way to spend an afternoon, sipping sangria (or cafe con leche) and engaging in some people and boat watching. There’s a good number of shops and restaurants there including the famous Hard Rock Cafe! A great way to get around the city is to hire a scooter (you see them dotted all along the paths and roads available for hire) that way you can see so much more than you would if you tried to travel only by foot.
Wow this is great and thanks for adding useful information to this post.
A great informative post. I visited Barcelona briefly to visit the Sagrada Familia and will be returning in a few months, this time to Madrid and Seville. Spain is such an incredible place to visit and definately needs a few weeks to months to really explore it properly 🙂
You would love it more on your second trip.
Wow, this is such a fabulously comprehensive guide to one of my favorite countries! My top two big cities are Madrid and Seville. But you really can’t go wrong with most places!
Yes, Madrid and Seville are worth visiting
What a fabulous itinerary with lots of choices to suit every individual’s taste! You just can’t go wrong in Spain with the culture and the food! Just loved flamenco in Seville!
I agree with you Alison that we can’t go wrong in Spain.
Spain has been on my bucket list ever since I watched the Bollywood movie Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. I mostly wanted to visit Barcelona and Madrid. However after going through this post I would like to explore Valencia, Seville and Malaga too. This itinerary is perfect. Thanks for sharing!
Karie, the interiors of Spain are more worth than their cities as it has the actual Spanish charm, If you remember the scene of ZNMD where they went for sky diving, that was done near Seville, and even its famous Senorita song was shot in Seville.
Lovely pictures of the Spanish cities! I’ve been to 4 of them already, only Valencia is missing. I hope I have the time to go there soon. The Spanish culture is so amazing, and the food is delicious!
Valencia is amazing.
I have only visited Barcelona, and I’m in love with her ! The beaches, tapas and sangria are what will bring me back to Barcelona again ! Oh, I really enjoyed the Gaudi walking tour too, highly recommended if you want to learn more about Gaudi’s beautiful and quirky architectures !
My friend has been convincing me to visit Seville ! And looking at your photos, especially the Walls of Alcazar, I think I really must visit some day ! Would be really awesome if I can catch a live flamenco dance show too ! =p
That’s great jeremy, you would love Seville as it has all cultural and historic gems of Spain.
I would love to visit Valencia and Seville, as I haven’t seen those yet and have wanted to go. Also, the day trips from Seville that you mentioned sound appealing. I like the idea of staying in a Spanish villa rather than a hotel next time I go too. Spain is such a vast country with so many fascinating aspects.
Yes Tania, Spain is diverse and vast country and we cannot cover all at one time. I loved the Spanish cultural living. And I hope you would also love it.
Would you believe I’ve been to Spain 9 times (with probably 7 of them being two week trips) and I haven’t been to Seville or Malaga? I want to go back to explore these cities. Your itinerary is very well laid out though and I would definitely have to do the Gibraltar day trip since I tried to do that from Morocco and it’s all but impossible!
Oh you have been to Spain 9 times that is great. But I recommend next time, you plan for Seville or Madrid as they are splendid, you would love it.
You can really cover quite a bit of Spain in 12 days! I have only ever been to Barcelona and it was nice, but I am eager to explore some of these other places you mentioned 🙂
Sam, you would love other places also
I done a lot of Spain but I have to admit out of all the cities, I didnt enjoy Barcelona and Madrid that much. I prefer the south of country where I think the food and culture is so much better (and beaches of course). 🙂
I too agree, that southern Spain has many cultural activities and I love such quirky things which are best found in Seville and Malaga.
Simply love the vibe of Spain… So many things to do and experiences to gain in Spain… Love their Tapas…
Spain has been on my bucket list for a long time and I hope to visit it soon. This post had me feeling wanderlust about it! I love that each region of Spain has something unique to offer. While I’ve always wanted to visit Madrid and Barcelona, I have also been interested with Girona and Seville!
My heart is in Spain, so thank you for this lovely reminder! You should also visit the north in Asturias, and the Basque country. From your list, Madrid, Barcelona and Sevilla are my favourites.
thanx for suggesting me new places. will explore soon
Spain is in the top of my list! Your pics are so gorgeous! Thank you for putting together this guide!
Spain is an amazing country! I have visited Madrid and Valencia and loved them. The weather, culture and people are awesome. Barcelona, Malaga and Seville are on my bucket list. Your photos captured each city wonderfully! Continue exploring! 🙂
Going to Spain is on my bucket list! I’m planning a trip to Europe for next year and I love that many of these places are accessible by train or bus.
Between Barcelona and Madrid you have some amazing and lovely pictures of being there. I love all of the sights that are there. And also would love that nice climate to go with it I am sure. It’s definitely on my bucket list.
I’m in love with Barcelona’s Mediterranean climate. It is really an astounding place. It’s packed full of creative people, we tried to discover every nook and cranny of the winding old streets and experience the festivals or the day-trips during our last visit.
I’m planning to go to Spain soon (fingers crossed). I will save this post for that time, it has so much important information and all the details. Thanks for sharing! 🙂
Wow….you really did get around to see so much of Spain. Such lovely photos and great, practical information you included for those wanting to go visit this lovely country. You certainly have me wanting to go and experience it all as well!
Oh you have been quite a lot in Spain! I have only been to Barcelona and Fuerta Ventura. Would love to explore more of this country…and eat more tapas and Paella!
You have taken some wonderful images of Spain especially the Flamenco dancers in Spain. You’ve been to so much of Spain, Valencia is a city I really want to visit. I would love to watch a Champions League game at either Barcelona or Madrid, maybe even Sevilla!
Oh my God! these are all looks an amazing photo and it really looks beautiful it makes me want to go in Spain!
Such stunning photos! My brother went to Spain recently and said it was amazing and this post only confirms that, going to have to get booking a holiday asap!
I went to Sitges a few years ago and went on a day trip to Barcelona. It was so full of art and architecture that I could hardly bare to drag myself away after the day exploring. I also intend to visit Seville.
oh I was not knowing about Sitges.. missed it… next time
I’d love to go to Spain as I’ve never been to any of these places, Barcelona should be on the cards for me next summer x
I lived in Sevilla for 4 months and your photos made me miss it so much. I’m glad you had a lovely time. All of your photos are beautiful.
Barcelona & Madrid are on my bucket list and these pics made me so motivated to go to Barcelona in October this year. I really liked the post so I am pinning it. 🙂
Omg I love traveling to new cities, and all the photos you took are beautiful! Barcelona & Madrid both seems like perfect vacation spots!
We love spain, my inlaws have a couple of properties over there so we have spent a lot of time there over the years. We tend to visit Benalmadena or Mercia, gorgeous places to visit!
Spain has been my fantasy and I wanna cover it very soon, rather it is in first 5 destinations I wanna cover in next 2 years. Loved Malaga specially with amazing photos.