Seville is a flamboyant, cultural and historic city of Southern Spain’s Andalusia region. Read this post to know about the best things to do in Cultural Seville – Spain. No trip to Spain is complete without doing this trip because of it’s rich cultural and historical value in Andalusia region of Spain . It is believed that this cultural city of Spain is founded by Greek god Hercules about 3000 years back. This city is famous for flamenco dance and also has a rich Moorish heritage.
WHEN TO VISIT SEVILLE ? | Best Things to do in Cultural Seville – Spain
Guided Tours in Seville | Best Things to do in Cultural Seville
- Book your Flamenco show tickets in advance and click here to know more.
- Click here to know about why to go for Alhambra and Granada on a full-day trip from Seville
- Visit the city of Granada from Seville and click here to book this day trip.Day trip to Gibraltar
- Related Reads – 2 Days in Cordoba can be done by train or guided tour.
Seville can be reached by – | Best things to do in Cultural Seville, Spain
It can be reached by trains and roads. Nearest International Airport – Barcelona or Madrid.
HOW TO COMMUTE IN SEVILLE | Best Things to do in Cultural Seville
- By Foot – Seville Old town and streets can be done by walking tours and it is the best way to explore Seville the cultural city in Spain.
- By Public Transport – It has excellent public transport.
- You can also rent a bike which is another popular option to roam around.
Seville is known for | Best Things to do in Cultural Seville
- Culture and History lovers
- Art and Flamenco Dance Lovers
- Local Traditions and Heritage lovers
- Rustic & Quaint Town lovers.
Where to stay in Seville ? – Best things to do in Cultural Seville
- HOTEL CASA IMPERIAL – I stayed here
- LA PUERTA DE PALACIO
- LAS CASAS De EL ARENAL
- PALACIO PINELLO
- H 10 CORREGIDOR BOUTIQUE HOTEL
Best Things to do in Cultural Seville – Spain
1.) Alcazar of Seville
This is a royal palace of Seville, developed by Moorish kings. One of the most beautiful palaces in Spain. It has several hectares of the garden inside and surrounding it. Know more about the real Alcazar – the palace of dreams and gardens of happiness.
Walls of Alcazar are adorned with authentic Spanish styled ceramic tiles. If you want to stay near the historic center of Seville, then click here to book an authentic Spanish style of living.
2.) Plaza de Espana
Semi-circular styled Renaissance-Moorish styled grand palace is the main attraction of this city. In front of the palace, there is 500-meter canal is built crossing 4 bridges. This canal is popularly known as Venice of Spain. Famous Star war series – Episode II and Lawrence of Arabia has been shot here.
3.) Seville Cathedral
It is the largest Gothic cathedral in the world and also a UNESCO World heritage.
It is the bell tower of Seville Cathedral built during the Moorish period as a Minaret. It has been since Medieval times.
5.) Streets of Seville
Walk in the streets with full of antique and ancient Spanish styled homes, colorful Andalusian buildings, tapas bars, cafes are worth to explore the culture and architecture of Spain.
6.) Ceramics/Pottery work
This region is well known for hand made brightly colored ceramic tiles and pottery work. These tiles are adorned on walls of palaces, houses, and floors of each and every corner of this city. Also, utensils are made through this art. The best place to purchase a souvenir.
7.) Flamenco Dance
This cultural city is also well known for Flamenco Dance and Dancers. It has a historic role in this dance form. Also, it has a Flamenco Dance museum and houses many bars with live Flamenco dance with traditional Spanish music and dinner. If you want to learn authentic Flamenco then read more about tips to learn & see authentic Flamenco in Seville.
8.) Spanish Food
If you are in the cultural city of Spain then try authentic Spanish dishes like Paella and Tapas.
9.) Stay in Spanish styled palatial Villa
Traditional styled Spanish villa converted into a hotel.
10.) Flora and Fauna
Apart from historic architectural monuments, this city also has many nature parks with many species of bright colored flowers. One of the famous parks is Maria Lusia Park.
SOME IMPORTANT FACTS AND USEFUL TIPS ON SEVILLE –
LANGUAGE – Spanish, but many people understand little bit of English as it is very popular tourist city of Spain.
Being the cultural city of Spain, it hosts many cultural events and festivals all year round.
- Spring Fair – Feria De Sevilla
- Seville April Fair
- Easter Week
- Semanta Santa (Holy Week)
- Famous Bull Fight Festival
- Flamenco Festival
CURRENCY – Euros
USEFUL READS –
- Take a Seville to Ronda Day trip.
- Click here to read and plan whole tour in Spain. Other famous cities and their itineraries are in this post.
- Read about perfect beach destination – Malaga in Spain.
- Also, Barcelona and Madrid are the famous cities in Spain which are worth visiting. Read to know more about them.
- Read to know more about 31 Best Things to Do in Spain.
Loved it ….. Then Pin it……
All photos are owned by Travelwithme247blog and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are an independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by site owner. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which owner of this site is not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase.