Madrid, Spain’s capital city is known for culturally rich cosmopolitan outlook, best football clubs, elegant gardens, liveliest nightlife, friendly inhabitants, charming bars & taverns, tempting shopping, spectacular architecture, and exciting history. Let’s explore Majestic Madrid Attractions in this post or read about the best things to do in Madrid Sightseeing tour.
Majestic Madrid Attractions | Madrid Sightseeing Tour
There are many tourist attractions in this beautiful city which at-least requires 5 to 6 days to cover them fully. But the main ones can be done within 3 days. I took 3 days to cover the following attractions. Also, there are many natural attractions near Madrid which are not to be missed. Read here to unwind into nature near Madrid. Read about the best stays in Madrid and its neighborhoods.
- Buen Retiro Park (Park of Pleasant Retreat in English) This park is the first biggest and magnificent park of Madrid. It houses beautiful sculptures & monuments, peaceful lakes, galleries, countless statues & fountains many varieties of plants/trees. It also hosts live events.
- Royal Palace of Madrid – It is the official residence of Spanish Royal family at city of Madrid.
There are regular royal bands and horse parades going on the specific interval of times which should not be missed. Click here to book your Madrid City tour.
- Plaza Mayor – The Plaza Mayor is a grand symmetrical rectangular square with uniform architecture. It is a very famous Plaza among tourists and locals. Many acrobats, performers, and live street shows make this place more lively.
- Museo Nacional Del Prado and Thyssen Bornemissa Museum – These museums are almost 200 years old and considered treasure of world’s finest collections comprising of European art, paintings which are dating from 12th century. Also, this museum is known as the Museum of Painters.
- Puerta Del Sol – It is a public square in Madrid which is very busy and crowded. A very short walk from Plaza Mayor.
- Temple of Debod – It is an Egyptian temple which was actually built in Aswan(Southern Egypt) but dismantled and rebuilt in Madrid. It is located near to Royal Palace and situated in beautiful parks known as West Park.
- Puerta De Alcala – This is an iconic gate built for welcoming king Charles III in the 18th century. Now it is a national monument located at Independence Square in City Center which is few meters away from Beun Retiro Park.
- Walking along Gran Via – This is a very famous street of Madrid and it is also known as Broadway of Spain. Gran Via is an upscale shopping street in central Madrid with exciting entertainment options, cinemas, liveshows. This is not to be missed place of Madrid.
- Cybele Palace – Formerly known as Palace of Communications which is a colossal building and one of Madrid’s landmark. It is a splendorous and stunning monument palace.
- Real Madrid Football club – World famous Football team Real Madrid’s official place.
- Real Basilica de San Francisco el Grande – This Basilica is Madrid’s grand old church. It is a Roman Catholic church in central Madrid. The dome of this basilica is the largest in Spain and the fourth largest in the world.
- Walking along the shopping streets. (Shopaholics)
- Relaxing in Gardens/Parks (Nature Lovers)
- Visit world famous Museums and Palaces( Art and Sculpture lovers)
- Grab some drinks and enjoy live dance shows. I went to Cafe De Chinitas to live Spanish music and dance shows.(Party lovers).
- Click here to book your live Flamenco Dance performance at historical Torres Bermejas tablao or Cafe Ziryab(newly opened in 2015)
- Go for a food tour and visit some interesting Tapas in Madrid
- Visit the world’s famous football clubs/stadiums (sports lovers)
There are many things to do in Madrid but there is always a lack of time. So better plan wisely your day to cover most of the places. But the benefit of Madrid is that this city does not sleep. Evenings and late nights are very lively and so we get more time to explore Madrid. Best time to visit Madrid is spring & summer but winters of Madrid are also very beautiful. Read more about Madrid in winter.
My recommendations for Madrid Sightseeing Tour –
- Stay near Gran Via.
- Go for live shows, enjoy lively evenings of Madrid
- Use Public transport
- Shopping is good in Madrid. Go for a nearby side trip or a day trip to Toledo from Madrid. Click here to book your day trip to Toledo from Madrid.
There are many other cities in Spain which can be visited from Madrid through rail network or road journey. Click here for detailed itinerary of Spain Tour.
So keep traveling and keep exploring……………………
Loved this post… Pin It….
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result into legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are independently owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by site owner. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which owner of this site is not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase.