Why Madrid is Majestic-
Madrid, Spain’s capital city is known for culturally rich cosmopolitan outlook, best football clubs, elegant gardens, liveliest nightlife, friendly inhabitants, charming bars & taverns, tempting shopping, spectacular architecture and exciting history.
Majestic Madrid Attractions –
There are many tourist attractions in Madrid which at-least requires 5 to 6 days to cover them fully. But main ones can be done within 3 days. I took 3 days to cover the following Majestic Madrid Attractions.
- Buen Retiro Park (Park of Pleasant Retreat in English) This park is the first biggest and magnificent park of Madrid. It houses beautiful sculptures & monuments, peaceful lakes, galleries, countless statues & fountains many variety of plants/trees. It also hosts live events.
- Royal Palace of Madrid – It is the official residence of Spanish Royal family at city of Madrid.
There are regular royal bands and horse parades going on specific interval of times which should not be missed.
- Plaza Mayor – The Plaza Mayor is grand symmetrical rectangular square with uniform architecture. It is very famous Plaza among tourists and locals. Many acrobats, performers, and live street shows make this place more lively.
- Museo Nacional Del Prado and Thyssen Bornemissa Museum – These museums are almost 200 years old and considered treasure of world’s finest collections comprising of European art, paintings which are dating from 12th century. Also this museum is known as Museum of Painters.
- Puerta Del Sol – It is a public square in Madrid which is very busy and crowded. A very short walk from Plaza Mayor.
- Temple of Debod – It is an Egyptian temple which was actually built in Aswan(Southern Egypt) but dismantled and rebuilt in Madrid. It is located near to Royal Palace and situated in beautiful parks known as West Park.
- Puerta De Alcala – This is iconic gate built for welcoming king Charles III in 18th century. Now it is a national monument located at Independence Square in City Center which is few meters away from Beun Retiro Park.
- Walking along Gran Via – This is very famous street of Madrid and it is also known as Broadway of Spain. Gran Via is an upscale shopping street in central Madrid with exciting entertainment options, cinemas, liveshows. This is not to be missed place of Madrid.
- Cybele Palace – Formerly known as Palace of Communications which is a colossal building and one of the Madrid’s landmark. It is splendorous and stunning monument palace.
- Real Madrid Football club – World famous Football team Real Madrid’s official place.
- Real Basilica de San Francisco el Grande – This Basilica is Madrid’s grand old church. It is Roman catholic church in central Madrid. The dome of this basilica is largest in Spain and fourth largest in world.
Majestic Madrid Attractions can be divided into 5 categories
- Walking along the shopping streets. (Shopaholics)
- Relaxing in Gardens/Parks (Nature Lovers)
- Visit to world famous Museums and Palaces( Art and Sculture lovers)
- Grab some drinks and enjoy live dance shows. I went to Cafe De Chinitas for live Spanish music and dance shows.(Party lovers)
- Visit to world’s famous football clubs/stadiums (sport lovers)
There are many things to do in Madrid but there is always lack of time. So better plan wisely your day to cover most of the places. But benefit of Madrid is that this city does not sleeps. Evenings and late nights are very lively and so we get more time to explore Madrid.
My recommendations –
- Stay near Gran Via.
- Go for live shows, enjoy lively evenings of Madrid
- Use Public transport
- Shopping is good in Madrid.
There are many other cities in Spain which can be visited from Madrid through rail network or road journey. Click here for detailed itinerary of Spain Tour.
So keep traveling and keep exploring……………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result into legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are independently owner and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by site owner. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which owner of this site is not responsible.