Explore Mleiha A Trip to Ancient Ages
Let’s get back into Ancient Ages and discover secrets of early Ages. Mleiha journey is a unique excavation tour programme with many findings of ancient Bedouin culture, the existence of Iron-Bronze age and understanding of early ages human anatomy. Therefore, Explore Mleiha A Trip to Ancient Ages
Mleiha is located in beautiful emirates of Sharjah, UAE. Research, excavations, and deep studies provide evidence of human existence in Mleiha region between 130,000 and 120,000 years ago. Also, findings have shown the transportation or communication of mankind from emerging point – Africa across Gulf Peninsula towards Mleiha crossing the Red Sea and then progression towards Iran, India, Europe, and Asia.
Mleiha is basically famous among adventure lovers, nature lovers, and history buffs. Mleiha is a perfect combination of beautiful virgin deserts, less crowded camping sites, archaeological sites, trekking fossil rocks, and other adrenaline-fueled thrills.
We started to Mleiha after morning breakfast from Dubai. As Mleiha is approximately 75 km from Dubai, it took 1 hour to reach there by our 4 X 4 SUV. The drive is very beautiful with desert and fossil rocks on both sides and also desert plantations and animals can be seen in between. GPS took us there and we first started our journey with a visit to Mleiha Archaeological Centre /Museum. This Mleiha Archaeological Centre opens at 9:00A.M. till 7:00 P.M. on all days. (check for Ramadan timings as they are slightly different). This museum takes you to step back in time and have findings from Palaeolithic, Neolithic, Bronze, Iron and Pre-Islamic Periods. Entrance to this museum costs 25 AED per adult. I suppose some private group tours cover this entrance fees.
The tour in Mleiha Archaeological center begins with 4-5 minutes short bilingual video(Arabic and English), explaining how early ages human life migrated from Africa to this regions. Afterward, within this museum, you can discover or learn about
History – origination
Social order – style of houses, keeping domestic animals
Diet – types of food
Trade – Commerce in those days
Arts – Pottery, jewelry, iron – bronze kitchen vessels and other art forms
This Centre is built on one tomb which is dating back from mid-Bronze age. It is believed this tomb was constructed in about 2300B.C. which has 13.9 diameters. Though these Archaeological sites were looted by grave robbers, archaeologists have still managed to find out some things from ancient historical times like necklaces, bracelets, beads, copper & Iron vessels, stone tools, stone & Iron weapons. These findings prove the ancient trade was running from Mesopotamia, Italy to the whole Gulf and spread up to India.
There was also existence of Falaj system – special Irrigation system in dry desert area. This shows that cultivation of cereals and crops in ancient times propagated.
Now our history tour ended here and we started our other activities in Mleiha…
Apart from historical tour in Mleiha, there are many other things to in Mleiha region. Lets Explore Mleiha – A Trip to Ancient Ages….
- Go for a 4 X 4 sand dune bashing on virgin deserts, surrounded by fossils rocks.
- Trek to fossil rocks
- Camp with family/friends whole night with the picturesque view of deserts and star-gazing in nights.
- Explore Desert plants and other species related to dry and hot climate.
- Walk along with camels or explore camel farms of locals
- Polaris Buggy ride for heart-pumping ride through Sharjah desert. Thrill seeker’s favorite activity. But you are not allowed to drive only can seat in the passenger’s seat.
- Cycling trips, gliding, skydiving, Quad-biking are other adventures and open-air activities are common in Mleiha.
- Nature lovers enjoy the sands of deserts with different shades and shapes. Also indulge in the calm and peaceful atmosphere away from busy city life.
How to reach Mleiha –
- Mleiha(located in Sharjah emirate) is about 75 km from Dubai and the drive is for 1 hour approximately.
- Mleiha is about 60 km from Sharjah which takes around 45-50 minutes by road
- Tourists can book Mleiha Tours online through many famous sites like Groupon, Cobone, Trip_advisor or Entertainer sites. The tour operator will offer you pick and drop facility from your location.
- People who have rented a car or residing in UAE can go self-driving. But for dune bashing hire a professional available at Mleiha Archaeological Center.
Duration of Mleiha Tour– Mainly a Day trip and if camping then night also included.
Basic Needs in Centre –
Refreshments with the view and cute Souvenir shop is located in Mleiha Archaeological Centre. There is a very neat and good facility for getting freshen up in the center.
Recommendations – 4 X 4 SUV is recommended for sand dune bashing or driving on sand.
Also, you should know how to drive on sand dunes. It is not an easy task. It looks simple and so we took our SUV in sands but got stuck. Our rear wheels sunk into desert sands. So we called Mleiha Archaeological center for help. Their rescue team arrived at the spot within a few minutes of calling. They took out our SUV and I found them very helping and caring.
- Go early in the morning to avoid the harsh sun in the afternoon, as sometimes it is very hot.
- Plan your trip in winters as Mleiha involves lots of outdoor adventure and sightseeing.
- As there is only one refreshment center on site, it is better to carry more food items and lots of water.
- Fuel up your car. Keep Air pump to increase or decrease the air pressure in rear wheels, during dune bashing. Tyre pressure matters a lot while driving on sands. They have to be adjusted now and then.
While returning from Mleiha to Dubai, we had a stopover in Dahid village just a few minutes from an Archaeological center for purchasing fresh local products. There are many local fruit-sellers, exotic species of plants seller and pottery shops. With slight bargain, you can buy organic and fresh local stuff. We took some fruits on our way back home.
So Don’t miss the exciting 65 million-year-old Fossils tour with trekking in nature, spotting of desert wildlife, admiring the beauty of sand dunes.
Therefore Explore Mleiha …A Trip to Ancient Ages
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result into legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are independently owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase.