This summer, I took an East Coast road trip to the USA. East Coast is fabulously full of history, scenic locations like falls, lakes, forests, beaches, and a central educational/ commercial hub of the USA. Let’s look at East Coast Road Trip Planner in the USA and complete the East Coast road trip itinerary. USA road trip is incomplete without an East coast road trip.
This trip is a round trip starting from New York and ending at New York. There are many itineraries on search engines and travel websites for East Coast trips. After researching, I have designed a final itinerary. Check some worth-stopping spots in this East Coast Road Trip Planner.
Visiting South East USA, then read this too
- Perfect 3 Days in Charleston Itinerary
- Best Things To Do In Charleston SC This Weekend (Complete Charleston Travel Guide)
RECOMMENDED SEASON TO GO FOR AN EAST COAST ROAD TRIP
- Summer to Fall is the best time. In summer you will pass along green fields, and forests and can enjoy the full beauties of nature.
- Going for a road trip in the Fall is also an excellent idea to admire the shades of orange and red throughout.
East Coast Road Trip Planner, USA
Boston – 1 night
I stayed in Boston for a night. But there are many things to do in Boston and if you staying for 2 nights then click this to know about what to do during 2 Days in Boston.
Also check some great restaurants to eat in Boston and that too favorites of Anthony Bourdain.
Buffalo or Niagara – 1-night stay –
Must do in East Coast Road Trip Planner – USA Road trip – East coast road trip itinerary.
Take Niagara Falls tour while staying in Buffalo both evening tour for Laser and fireworks tour of Niagara and morning tour of Niagara Falls – Take Adventure with Nature. If you are staying in Buffalo then click here to read about Buffalo restaurants which are worth trying out. Click here to book your stay at Buffalo.
Pittsburg – 1 night.
I stayed in Hampton Inn which I found very convenient and affordable with free parking option too. Click here to book your stay in Hampton Inn.
Washington D.C. – 1 night.
Stay in Hampton Inn White House and click here to book your stay.
Philadelphia – 1 night.
Back to New York – 3 nights.
In New York, I stayed in Grand Hyatt, a modern hotel with a beautiful city view from the terrace and also located adjoining to the historic Grand Terminal. Click here to book your stay in Grand Hyatt.
Many places are adjoining to New York for shopping which is highly recommended. You can buy all branded stuff in very affordable rates from these outlet malls.
Though these outlet malls are out of the city, you would have to drive from NYC, or you can stop in between while returning from New Jersey to NYC. If you are not driving then click here to book the Woodbury Common Outlet Mall shopping trip, which is a 1-day trip. Here you can shop your favorite brands in one place. An open mall with more than 200 branded outlets.
10 nights East coast USA road trip itinerary – East Coast Road Trip Planner
- We rented a car from New York. Take full insurance and toll pass card to be tension-free.
- There are two types of road systems, with toll or without toll. If the distance is large prefer the Toll road as it is much faster, with many stopover restaurants and lodging. But if the distance is small, then take a Toll-free road.
Full Detailed Itinerary during your East Coast Road Trip Planner with cities in between
New York to Boston
* New Haven
* New London
* Rhodes Island
* West Greenwhich
2. Boston to Buffalo
* Saratoga Springs
* Black River Wild Forest
3. Buffalo to Pittsburg
* Lake Erie Beach
* Sandy Lake
* Grove City
4. Pittsburg to Washington
* Seven Springs
* Crystal Spring
5. Washington to Philadelphia
6. Philadelphia to New York
* Morris town
* Woodbury Premium Outlet Mall(nice Shopping Destination)
7. Back to New york
Snapshot of the road map –
Tips for renting a car in the USA during East Coast road trip – East Coast Road Trip Planner – East coast itinerary
- If you are taking a full tank, then return a car in full tank mode, it works like the mode you are taking the vehicle you have to bear in that way.
- A properly neat and clean car is given to you, so keep in mind that do not return the dirty vehicle. Wash before returning either manually or on automatic wash areas on fuel stations.
- Always take full car insurance to be tension-free.
- Take toll car reader on rent at an extra cost of around 20$ for 1week, but toll amount is additional because sometimes we have to take TOLL road. This toll amount comes after 2 weeks and is deducted from your credit card.
- The per day cost of renting a 4 seater car is around 60-90 $ without fuel.
RELATED READS – East Coast Road Trip Planner – USA road trip ideas
- Read about hotel reviews of my New York stay by clicking here….
- Hope you have enjoyed the complete East Coast Road Planner in the USA, with significant attractions covered during this road trip. And if you are not very comfortable in driving in the USA, then you can book a 5-day trip of America from NYC to visit Toronto (in Canada), Niagara Falls excursion, Philadelphia Liberty Bell and Independence Center, Washington DC and Amish country, or simply guided Niagara Falls Trip of 19 hours from NYC or 2-day combo trip to Washington and Niagara Falls.
- Many other iconic road trips in the USA are worth going to.
- Know more about the best road trips in the USA, which you must do once in a lifetime.
- If you are going to San Diego with kids then click this to read here during your West Coast Trip to the USA.
I hope you loved reading about the east coast road trip and will soon plan your east coast road trip itinerary with this USA road trip planner guide.
Love It…. Then Pin It – East Coast itinerary USA
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The blog’s content is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase