Many countries worldwide are opening up for tourists with safety protocols. UAE residents can now travel to many countries, but with many rules/protocols to consider. With summer break and the upcoming long weekend around the corner, #Travelwithme24x7 brings you the list of places where you can visit for travel. Many countries are open for tourists who have received two shots of vaccinations. Let’s plan a detailed guide on Holiday Destinations From Dubai For UAE Residents during long weekends.
- If visiting Dubai for the first time, then do read this Dubai itinerary for 3 days – what to do in Dubai in 3 Days?
- Or Plan Dubai 5 days itinerary after reading this detailed Dubai travel guide.
However, with rules and regulations changing every day, we recommend you check the latest local travel rules right before you book your tickets. Let’s check some Holiday Destinations From Dubai For UAE Residents for long weekends.
Holiday Destinations From Dubai For UAE Residents for long weekends
Albania – a country in the Balkans in the southern Europe region shares a border with Greece and Montenegro with many exotic beaches and Alpine mountain regions. This part is the sunniest part of Europe. It is also known for its extensive archaeological heritage because it was part of Ancient Greece, the Roman Empire, and the Ottoman Empire. Albania tour is the perfect option as Holiday Destinations From Dubai For UAE Residents For Long Weekends
4-day, 3-night sightseeing tour with authentic Albanian food and visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites such as Berat, Gjirokastra, and Butrint.
- Day 1: Durres and Berat Start the tour with a hotel or airport pickup in Tirana if booked guided tour and head to Durres for a short guided walking tour and coffee break. Alternatively, you can start with a hotel pickup in Durres. Transfer to Berat, the “city of a thousand windows.” Visit Berat Castle/Citadel and explore the upper town with churches, mosques, and 27 watchtowers packed inside its walls. Admire the Ottoman houses, where people still live as they have done for centuries. Berat is known for traditional cuisine, so check for amazing Berat dishes. If you are doing the Berat city tour as a day trip from Tirana then book this day trip – Click to book Full-Day Berat Trip from Tirana
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK HOTELS IN BERAT
- Day 2: Gjirokaster – After breakfast, admire small villages during your transfer to Gjirokaster. Once you arrive in this “city of a thousand steps,” settle into your hotel before heading for lunch in a small local restaurant for a taste of the city’s authentic dishes. Next, visit Skenduli House, the best-preserved Ottoman house in the old city of Gjirokaster. Hear about its past from your local guide and the house’s owner, a descendant of the Skenduli family. Then, soak up the castle’s rich history and enjoy the view of the “city of stone” from above. Explore the Ottoman Bazaar and historic wooden houses before visiting the Gjirokaster Obelisk dedicated to the town’s first school. Enjoy its 360º views. Spend a relaxing evening in the streets of Gjirokaster.
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK HOTELS IN Gjirokastër
- Day 3: “Blue Eye” and Butrint – Travel to the “Blue Eye” spring. Admire the shades of blue and surrounding nature before heading to Butrint. There, marvel at 2,500 years of history on a guided tour with a local guide. See the highlights, such as the amphitheater, castle, churches, and Lion Gate. Drive to Ksamil and enjoy lunch by the lake at the Mussel House. Spend your afternoon in Ksamil before heading to Saranda via Lekursi Castle, which overlooks the city.
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK HOTELS IN SARANDE
- Day 4: Llogara National Park and Vlore – Transfer to the city of Vlore via Ali Pasha Castle, which you will explore with your tour director. Marvel at the architecture and listen to entertaining legends about the man who built it, Ali Pasha of Tepelenë. Head to the Llogara “balcony” for a stunning view of the South Coast beaches before indulging in lunch at Llogara National Park surrounded by pine trees and a fresh mountain breeze. Visit the city of Vlore, the hometown of the Albanian nationalist movement, in the afternoon. See sights such as Flag Square with its Independence Monument right in the center, the Muradie Mosque, and Vlore Lungomare. After you have explored Vlore, go back to Tirana for your flight back home. CLICK HERE TO BOOK HOTELS IN VLORE
CLIMATE – Summer temperatures average 32 °C (90 °F). Winter temperatures average about 5 °C (41 °F)
International Airport – Tirana
Looking for a nature-bound country with fresh air, rich history, and not a very expensive destination, Armenia would perfectly suit your holiday plans. In Yerevan, wander neoclassical squares lined with cafeterias and wide boulevards under the shadow of Mount Ararat. Take a cable-car tour, visit the national parks, go boating on Lake Sevan and spend time at the museums and memorials to learn more about the country’s haunting history.
ARMENIA ITINERARY –
- Day 1 – Yerevan, Garni Pagan Temple, Geghard cave monastery, off-road drive to Garni canyon to see the Symphony of Stones, Echmiadzin, Zvartnots, Yerevan.
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK GUIDED TOURS
- Day 2 – Yerevan, Khor Virap, Areni, Areni winery, Areni caves, Noravank monastery, Karahunj (Armenian Stone henge), Tatev monastery, and the longest aerial tram. Yerevan
- Day 3 – Yerevan, Lake Sevan, Sevanavank Monastery, Dilijan, Haghardzin monastery, Tsaghkadzor ski resort, Yerevan
CLIMATE – Summer temperatures average between +10 and +22°C. Winter temperatures average between +2 and -14 °C
International Airport – Yerevan
Azerbaijan an exotic travel destination is located in the Caucasus region and is popularly known as the “Land of Fire”. It is located in Eastern Europe and western Asia and therefore you will find a cultural amalgamation of Asian and European cultures. Located on the Caspian Sea, you will find subtropical sea resorts too, with many varieties of hillside towns in Caucasus mountains, ancient mosques and minarets, impressive modern architectures, flaming mountains, mud volcano and much more wonderful and interesting places.
- DAY 1 – After landing at Baku’s International Airport – Heydar Aliyev International Airport, go for a Baku city tour.
- DAY 2 – Baku’s old city tour and many more attractions.
- DAY 3 – Nearby attractions / Day trips from Baku to MUD VOLCANOES and MARDAKAN. Click here to book your trip to Mud Volcanoes.
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK GUIDED TOURS
- DAY 4 – LAHIJ ( 3 hours bus trip to this place from Baku). It is a very scenic road – route. OVERNIGHT STAY IN LAHIJ
- DAY 5 – Small city tour in Lahij and then proceed to Khinalug or Qabala(Gabala) – a beautiful small hillside town. All the attractions are very close so you can see them all in one day.
- DAY 6 – Proceed to Sheki through scenic Silk Road. Overnight stay at Sheki.
- DAY 7 – VISIT TO GANJA – Azerbaijan’s second-biggest city has a history dating back to the 6th century. OVERNIGHT STAY AT GANJA.
- DAY 8 – Return to Baku.
CLIMATE – Summer temperatures can reach 40 °C (104 °F) Winter temperatures can drop to -15 °C (5 °F).
International Airport – Baku
What Cyprus is famous for? The most common reply is that Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, beauty, and eternal youth, was born there. But Cyprus is also famous for Mediterranean beaches, wonderful landscape, friendly people, exotic food, historical and ancient sites.
- Day 1: Old Town Nicosia
- Day 2: North Cyprus including St. Hilarion Castle and Kyrenia
- Day 3: In transit from Nicosia to Limassol
- Day 4: Visit the hill towns of Cyprus near the Troodos Mountains for wine tasting
- Day 5: Explore the UNESCO World Heritage recognized ancient ruins at Paphos
- Day 6: Check out the Roman ruins at Ancient Kourion.
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK GUIDED TOURS
International Airport – Larnaca
CLIMATE – Temperatures generally range from 17°C in winter to warm highs of 31°C in the summer.
Egypt –home of the ancient Pharaohs, pyramids. Egypt is a destination full of dazzling temples and tombs which are world-famous and most ancient historic sites. With so much to see and do, Egypt offers visitors a chance to create itineraries that combine culture, adventure, and relaxation all on one trip.
- Day 1: Cairo – the Pyramids,
- Day 2: A Day trip to Alexandria,
- Day 3: Aswan
- Take an overnight train to arrive at Aswan.
- Day 4: Aswan – Luxor via Kom Ombo Temple, Edfu Temple, and Esna Temple.
- Day 5: Luxor – Luxor is an extraordinary place. Often called the world’s greatest open-air museum, it is the testimony of the history of Egypt. The Nile flows between the city, Luxor is a must-visit in Egypt.
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK GUIDED TOURS
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK GIFTUN ISLAND SNORKELING TRIP
There is an air-conditioned sleeper and ordinary Express trains for traveling to Luxor from Aswan. It is only a 3 to 4-hour journey. Three other magnificent temples are along the road between these two cities – Kom Ombo Temple, Edfu Temple, and Esna Temple. Kom Ombo and Edfu have a railway station. To save time, you must hire a car to reach Luxor.
International Airport – Cairo
CLIMATE – The average low temperatures vary from 9.5 °C (49.1 °F) in the wintertime to 23 °C (73.4 °F) in the summertime and average high temperatures vary from 17 °C (62.6 °F) in the wintertime to 32 °C (89.6 °F) in the summertime.
Indulge in the beautiful mountainous virgin nature. Visit Georig a to receive tremendous Love and Hospitality from the Georgian people. Food and wine lovers should come here. Less expensive and very much affordable. If you want to fall in Love again, then come here… Believe me any depressed or sad person will revive his life and start to believe positively. In short, Georgia is a HEALING COUNTRY.
Georgia is one of the favorite Holiday Destinations From Dubai For UAE Residents For Long Weekends.
- 1st day: Tbilisi and Mtskheta. Stay a night in Tbilisi. Click here to book a full-day Tbilisi city tour and Mtskheta attractions tour.
- 2nd day: Gori, Uphlistikhe, Borjomi. Stay a night in Borjomi
- 3rd day: Visit the Kakheti wine tour with many stops at Bodbe monastery, lakes, and natural spots of Love city – Signaghi.
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK WINE TOUR IN GEORGIA
- 4th day: Martvili, Okatse canyons, and waterfalls. Stay a night in Tbilisi. Click here to book the Okatse canyon tour and cave tour from Tbilisi.
- 5th day: Ananuri, Gudauri, Kazbegi. Stay a night in Kazbegi. Click here to book two days tour to Kazbegi with an overnight 3-star hotel stay in Kazbegi.
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK GUIDED TOUR TO KAZBEGI
International Airport – Tbilisi or Batumi
CLIMATE – The average daily high temperature is above 79°F. The coldest month of the year in Tbilisi is January, with an average low of 28°F and a high of 44°F.
Miles and miles of indigo and aquamarine-colored coastline with crystal clear waters and countless islands with virgin sandy beaches having volcanic rocks. The typical Mediterranean climate makes Greece a perfect destination for tourists. Greece’s ancient and mystical land is heaven for history and archaeology lovers. Nature has blessed Greece with a mountainous landscape so that mountain lovers or trekkers also find it a perfect destination.
- First Day – Arrive at Athens
- Take flight or cruise to Santorini (3 nights stay)
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK 4 DAY GUIDED TOURS TO SANTORINI & MYKONOS FROM ATHENS
- Take flight or cruise to Mykonos(2 nights stay)
- Back to Athens (2 nights stay)
- Road trip to Delphi/Meteora (1-night stay)
- 10th day – back to Athens
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK DAY TRIP CRUISES FROM ATHENS
International Airport – Athens
CLIMATE – Athens has a Mediterranean climate with hot and dry summers and sometimes cold and wet winters. Temperatures average 84 degrees Fahrenheit (29 degrees Celsius) in August but can exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius).
Far to the east of Africa bordered by the Indian Ocean and Uganda, Somalia, Tanzania, and Ethiopia are Kenya. Few countries in the world rival Kenya for its safari destinations and perfect, idyllic coast. In Kenya, wildlife and humans exist side by side.
- Day 1: Spend the day exploring Nairobi; visit the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust to visit the orphaned elephants and the Giraffe Centre to hand feed Giraffe. Stop for lunch at Utamaduni, where you can shop for authentic Kenyan and African crafts.
- Day 2: Drive to Naivasha. Take a boat tour to get up close and personal to the hippos, and then do a walking safari on Crescent Island.
- Day 3: Drive to the Maasai Mara (5-hour drive). Take an evening game drive.
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK 3 DAY MAASAI MARA LUXURY SAFARI
- Day 4: Spend the day in the Mara, making sure you head to the Mara triangle where you may be lucky enough to witness a crossing.
- Take an evening train to Voi, where you will stay overnight in Tsavo National Park.
- Day 5: Safari in Tsavo National Park, the largest park in Kenya home to the Big 5 and with amazing views of Kilimanjaro. Evening train back to Nairobi.
International Airport -Nairobi
CLIMATE – During the month of January, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December the weather is very and pleasant and good and ranges between 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). July is the coldest month with an average maximum temperature of 22°C (71°F).
The Maldives is a vacationer’s paradise with many beautiful options to explore, from luxury accommodations to pristine beaches. It is heavenly to stay at overwater villas, explore virgin beaches with palm trees swaying around, do island hopping, do water adventure sports, and have lots of fun. A perfect place for idyllic, adventurous, and beach lovers.
- Day 1: Hulhumale
- Day 2: Hulhumale – Male – Maafushi
- Day 3: Exploring Maafushi
- Day 4: Maafushi – Fihalhohi
- Day 5: Back to Maafushi
- Day 6: Maafushi – Fulidhoo
- Day 7: Fulidhoo – Male – Depart from Male.
International Airport – Velena, Hulhule Island
CLIMATE – Maldive’s climate is warm and tropical, with average highs from 29°C to 31°C all year-round and average lows rarely falling below 24°C. January to April are the driest months, with little rain and low humidity.
Montenegro is one of the best countries to travel to within Europe. This small Balkan country is located in Southeast Europe besides the Adriatic Sea and surprises all with its enchanting beauty. It is a relatively new travel destination; therefore, it is not crowded with tourists, and many cities remain in their authentic condition
- Day 1: Bay of Kotor
- Day 2: Coastal Towns – day trips to Tivat, Budva, Sveti Stefan
- Day 3: Historic Cities – Day trips to Bar, Ulcinj.
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK BOKA BAY DAY CRUISE TO KOTOR, BUDVA, TIVAT, & HERCEG NOVI
International Airport – Tivat or Podgorica
CLIMATE – Montenegro’s weather is warm throughout. Overall the climate of the year throughout, the temperature typically varies from 63°F to 81°F and rarely goes below 61°F or above 84°F.
Seychelles – an exotic, archipelagic island country blessed with tropical natural wonders. A cluster of 115 islands surrounded by the Indian Ocean offers wonderful relaxed and peaceful holidays. A perfect place for nature lovers.
- DAY 1: Arrival in Mahe and then Transfer to Praslin – explore Praslin.
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK SNORKELING TRIP
- DAY 2: Take a day trip to La Digue.
- DAY 3: Visit Fond Ferdinand and transfer to Mahe.
- DAY 4: Explore Mahe and its surroundings.
- DAY 5: Go on a long hike and explore Victoria
- DAY 6-7: Visit Silhouette Island. Night stay
- DAY 8: Transfer back to Mahe and fly back to your place.
International Airport – Seychelles
CLIMATE – Tropical weather throughout the year with daily temperatures of between 24 and 30 °C (75 – 86 °F). The ocean temperature stays at around 26 °C (79 °F) all year round.
Serbia is blessed with wonderful natural landscapes, unique culture, and exotic nightlife. As Serbia is not very expensive as compared to a lot of other European countries, nightlife and other activities are affordable. Serbia is also famous for many natural wellness spas and has gained the reputation of a wellness destination too.
- Day 1: BELGRADE.
- Day 2: BELGRADE – KRUŠEDOL MONASTERY – SREMSKI KARLOVCI – NOVI SAD – BELGRADE.
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK TOUR FROM BELGRADE TO NOVI SAD, KARLOVSI SREMSKI WINE TASTING TOUR
- Day 3: BELGRADE – VIMINACIUM – TOPOLA/OPLENAC – KRAGUJEVAC.
- Day 4: KRAGUJEVAC – ŠARGAN EIGHT TRAIN RIDE – WOODEN TOWN – SIROGOJNO – ZLATIBOR.
- Day 5: ZLATIBOR – BELGRADE.
International Airport – Belgrade
CLIMATE – Winter, from December to February, is VERY cold, cloudy, or foggy, with temperatures around freezing (0 °C or 32 °F). Serbia experiences summer, from June to August, which is warm to hot and lots of sunny, In fact, lows in July and August are often around 15/17 °C (59/62 °F) and highs a bit below 28/30 °C (82/86 °F).
“Come fall in love with beautiful Istanbul” – a silhouetted city which has a confluence of many cultures, bi-continental city of Eurasia where West meets East. A bi-continental city with Bosporus Strait dividing this city by Marmara and the Black Sea into the European region and Asian region has a wonderful historic past since 660 BCE. Known by many names during ancient times like Augusta, Antonia, Nova Roma, Byzantium, and Constantinople this city has experienced many cultures due to many invasions by Greeks, Romans, and Ottoman empires. That is why you feel multi-cultural vibes here with a perfect combination of the Mediterranean and Islamic cultures.
- Day 1: Arrival in Istanbul – Overnight stay in Istanbul
- Day 2: Istanbul City Tour – Overnight stay in Istanbul
- Day 3: Fly to Denizli from Istanbul – Pamukkale Tour – Overnight stay in Kusadasi
- Day 4: Ephesus Tour – Fly to Kayseri from Izmir – Overnight stay in Cappadocia
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK HOT AIR BALLOON FLIGHT – CAPPADOCIA
- Day 5: Cappadocia Tour – Fly to Istanbul from Kayseri
International Airport – Istanbul (main airport)
CLIMATE – The temperature of Turkish Mediterranean and Aegean coasts reach 30°C and above in July. Spring and summer are pleasantly warm, and winters average around 10°C with snowfall in mountainous regions, but there can be some rain showers.
Tajikistan is heaven for mountain or hill lovers as it is a fantastic place for mountain trekking. Though it is the smallest among the five Central Asian states, in terms of elevation, it surpasses them all, enclosing more and higher mountains than any other country in the region. Natural beauty and its strategic location on Silk Route also make it worth seeing because of its unique culture, lifestyle, agriculture, and many more.
Tajikistan is one of the special holiday destinations from Dubai.
- Day 1 Osh – Batken – Khundjand 300 km till border. After breakfast drive to Batken town which is a border town with Tajikistan. …
- Day 2 Khujand.
- Day 3Khujand – Istarafshan –Dushanbe.
- Day 4Dushanbe – Gizar – Dushanbe
- Day 4Dushanbe – Iskandarkul lake – Panjakent.
- Day 5Penjikent city – border Jartepa – Samarkand.
International Airport – Dushanbe
CLIMATE – Tajikistan’s capital Dushanbe experiences summers that are hot, arid, and clear and the winters are very cold, snowy, and partly cloudy. The temperature typically varies from 30°F to 96°F and is rarely below 20°F or above 102°F.
Known as Jewel of the Silk Road due to its location at ancient Silk Road. It houses the three most important Silk Road cities, Samarkand, Bukhara, and Khiva. Samarkand – Uzbekistan’s UNESCO World Heritage gem is worth visiting a historical town with the amalgamation of many cultures and histories.
- Day 1 – Tashkent
- Day 2 – Khiva
- Day 3 – Khiva – Bukhara
- Day 4 – Bukhara
- Day 5 – Bukhara – Samarkand
International Airport – Tashkent
CLIMATE – The average maximum temperature from mid-May to mid-September is between 28 and 38 °C (82.4 – 100.4 °F). Uzbekistan has freezing winter with mostly temperatures dipping down below minus °C.
Tanzania – Holiday Destinations From Dubai For UAE Residents For Long Weekends
Tanzania, a haven for wildlife lovers, is home to some of Africa’s most famous national parks and natural attractions, including majestic Mount Kilimanjaro. If you love wildlife, safaris, and national parks, then Tanzania is a place for you.
TANZANIA ITINERARY – Holiday Destinations From Dubai For UAE Residents for long weekends
- Day 1: Moshi/Arusha to Tarangire National Park.
- Day 2 – Tarangire to Serengeti National Park.
- Day 3: Serengeti to Ngorongoro Highlands.
- Day 4: Ngorongoro Crater.
- Day 5: Ngorongoro Crater to Lake Manyara to Moshi/Arusha
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK PRISON ISLAND TOUR
International Airport – Dar-es-Salaam
CLIMATE – Tanzania has a tropical climate with coastal areas being hot and humid. The northwestern highlands are cool and temperate. There are two rainy seasons – October to December and from March to June.
General Tips – Holiday Destinations From Dubai For UAE Residents for long weekends
- First, check your local rules, and any restrictions before planning or booking your tickets through official government websites.
- All places require PCR negative tests and it is advised to check with your airline’s carriers what format and how many hours you need to check the PCR test.
- There can be any last-minute changes due to a pandemic, so be prepared for them and accept all last-minute changes.
- Book flexible hotels and airlines so that you can handle last-minute changes.
- Some places need e-Visa to be applied, so check before booking tickets as per your nationality and whatever documents you need.
- You may find closure of attractions at some places due to limitations of crowd restrictions, so be prepared for it.
- Travel is slowly starting and picking up, so be considerate with people dealing with travel.
- Travel insurance is a must – so check whether your current medical insurance covers international places or not. You need Medical travel insurance for any of the places.
- Follow local safety protocols everywhere where you are visiting, as these protocols are meant for you to return safe and in sound health.
RELATED READS – Holiday Destinations From Dubai For UAE Residents for long weekends
- Best Day Trips from Yerevan Armenia
- Interesting Places to Visit in Azerbaijan
- Amazing Things to Do in Cyprus
- Georgia in Summers- COME AND PAMPER YOUR SOUL
- Glorious Greece Tour in 12 Days – Greece Itinerary
- 3 Days In Montenegro – Places to visit in Montenegro
- Interesting Places To Visit In Kenya – A Complete Kenya Travel Guide
- Seychelles Itinerary – Honeymoon Holiday In Seychelles
- Best Things To Do In Beautiful Istanbul City Tour – A Complete Istanbul Guide
So, until then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
If you wish to collaborate/work with me then contact me at [email protected]
Follow my blog on social media channels at
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
We are the independent owner of this site and the views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations, or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase