What to Do in Historical Prague???? Read amazing things to do in Prague with best places to visit in Prague
Some Interesting Facts About Prague
- Prague is the capital and largest of Czech Republic in Europe. Prague is also known as “City of Hundred Spires”. In this article read about What to do in Historical Prague or the best things to do in Prague.
- Prague is a historical, charming, romantic, rustic, lively, ancient and modern city.
- Prague was founded in the 9th century and was the capital of the Bohemian Empire.
- Prague Foot Tours are very famous along the cobbled streets along with historical ancient buildings. As there is a lot of walking in Prague, carry a comfy backpack and read more about the best travel backpacks for traveling in Europe.
- Prague’s architecture is influenced by many famous styles like Gothic, Renaissance era, Baroque, Rococo and Romanesque.
- Prague is famous for Beer since 900 A.D. and the largest consumer of beer in the world. There are uncountable beer bars all over Prague. Beer in Prague is cheaper than bottled water. Also no. 11 line of Tram runs as a Tram Beer Bar. While you commute, enjoy a sip of Czech beer.
- Prague is also famous among Music lovers due to many genres of music are being played in clubs, pubs, and even streets too. You can also book a special Prague Jazz boat evening cruise to listen to quality jazz with delicious meals and views of the wonderful historic town.
- Prague in winter and summer are worth visiting.
Where to stay in Prague? – Travel guide
Click here to book your stay at Grand Majestic Plaza in Historical Prague. You can also look out for another hotel stays –
MID – RANGE HOTELS IN PRAGUE
- Click to Book Pytloun Boutique Hotel Prague
- Click to Book Josephine Old Town Square Hotel
- Click to Book Myo Hotel Wenceslas
- Click to Book Hotel Royal Prague
- Click to Book Hotel Garden Court
- Click to Book Hotel Residence Spalena
LUXURY HOTELS IN PRAGUE
- Click to Book COSMOPOLITAN Hotel Prague
- Click to Book BoHo Prague Hotel
- Click to book MOODs Charles Bridge
- Click to book Hilton Prague Old Town
BUDGET HOTELS/APARTMENTS IN PRAGUE
- Click to book MeetMe23
- Click to book Hotel Venezia
- Click to book Prague Letna Apartments
- Click to book City Central De Luxe
- Click to book City Club Prague
Charles Bridge Musical show
What to Do in Historical Prague?
This 14th century old, historic bridge is one of the magnificent bridges in Europe. It is named after Roman Emperor Charles IV. It is stretched over Vltava river in Prague. Stunning views of the city and river can be seen from this bridge.
Prague Castle was originally built in 9th century and was once resided by Bohemia’s kings. Now it is an official residence of Czech President. As it is situated on hilltop, the view of spires and river from this castle is magnificient. Czech Republic is known for stunning fairy tale castles and Prague Castle is also one of them.
Prague Astronomical Clock
The Prague Astronomical Clock or Orloj is the medieval-styled clock that is the world’s third-oldest astronomical clock and oldest one which is still operating.
This clock is astronomical due to one of its dial depicts the position of Sun and moon with reference to Earth at that stage. Also a Parade of 12 Apostles and other figures can be seen at each hour across the clock.
St. Vitus Cathedral
St. Vitus Cathedral is located in the Prague Castle complex. St. Vitus Cathedral is Roman Catholic Cathedral and took about 525 years to complete. St. Vitus Cathedral is perfect example of Gothic Architecture.
Old Town Square
Old Town Square is located between Charles Bridge and Wenceslas Square. This square has lots of unique architectural buildings which has its own historic and religious importance.
Wenceslas square is Prague’s main square surrounded by colourful buildings, houses, famous shops, bars, cafes, pubs, casinos/hotels & banks. All tourist attraction from this place are within walkable distance.
Cluster of buildings around a courtyard near Prague Old Town Square is Ungelt Square. It has been founded in 12th Century. This place is known as trading place, where merchants from foreign countries gather here to pay customs of their goods before entering Prague.
It is 11th century old and was one of the entrance to Prague Old Town.Earlier it was used to store Gun Powder so named as Powder Tower. This tower depicts the Medieval origins.
It runs from Lesser Town upto Petrin Tower on Petrin Hill. From Petrin Hill enjoy the stunning views of spires, river Vltava, bridges of Prague.
Lesser Town(Mala Strana)
On the foothills of Prague Castle across Vltava river and connected through Charles Bridge from Old Town Square. Old Town & Lesser town is mostly done by walking tours for a picturesque view of the historic city. This walk is very beautiful & historic along the cobbled stoned pavements, sloppy roads, surrounded by hundreds of years old architecture.
Fresh Farm products, Souveniers, Crystals & Handmade Handicrafts are available. Located between Mustek and Old Town Square.
Bridges of Prague – Best Places to visit in Prague
Day Trips from Prague – Historical Prague
- There are many unusual hidden gems in Prague which is recommended to do if you have some time.
- Visit Český Krumlov which is an architectonic jewel and a beautiful romantic town. Click here to book this full day trip to Český Krumlov with lunch.
- Discover Czech countryside in southern Bohemia on a full-day trip to the picturesque towns of Cesky Krumlov and Ceske Budejovice with lunch. Click here to book this day trip from Prague.
- Book your day trip to the popular and historic Czech spa town of Karlovy Vary to admire the modern Hot Spring Colonnade, taste the healthful spa waters from the local springs, with delicious 3 course lunch.
- Book this enchanting day trip from Prague to discover the natural beauty of Bohemia and Saxon Switzerland National Park.
Night Life in Prague – Things to do in Prague
- Prague has vibrant nightlife with many eclectic clubs and music bars.
- You can also book enchanting 3 hour dinner cruise to admire the beauty of Prague in evening with special illuminated historic buildings.
- Or if you love to experience some spooky fun then book this ghosts and legends 1.5 hours walking tour to experience the mysterious alleys of Prague.
- Admire the Prague with booking of 3 hour Dinner cruise and Live music. Book the show of “The Best of Swan lake” in Prague Hybernia Theatre by top notch ballet performers.
- Let’s know about some great bars and clubs.
- Electronic Music at Chapeau Rouge.
- M1 Lounge Bar and club for club & eclectic music.
- Prague’s Beer Museum – sometimes they play 80’s music.
- Local vibes at Roxy Prague
- Local performers at Retro Music Hall
- JAZZ REPUBLIC Live Music Club Prague
Famous Festival – Fairs in Prague – Prague Travel Guide
- Prague International Jazz & Music Festival
- Prague Winter Festival
- Prague Christmas & New Year
- Czech Beer Festival
- Prague Spring Festival
- Prague Carnival
General Tips – What to Do In Historical Prague
Currency of Prague– Czech Crowns
International Airport – Prague. Click here to book private Airport transfer to your hotel with free tourist maps and complimentary 4 hour ride too.
How to Reach Historical Prague
- This beautiful city is well connected with major cities through Euro Rail and Airlines. It is always exciting to go for central and eastern Europe Interrail route and reach Prague with many beautiful destinations in between.
- Within Prague city transport system is well managed and one can travel through trams, ferries, metros, and buses very conveniently.
- People of Prague are welcoming and friendly.
Food Options in Historical Prague
Prague has diverse food options with savoring local delicacies and international cuisine too. Read this article to know about the Best Restaurants in Prague from Budget-friendly to Luxury ones.
Best Season to visit Historical Prague
Prague is windy and chilly many times. Spring and Summer are the best time to visit Prague.
Do not cross Pedestrian Signal when RED because if caught then 1000CZK fine is there.
Prague foot tours are very famous. Better to Walk around in the beautiful and historical city of Prague. Know more about quotes about Prague – a magical city.
People visit Prague from Austrian border through Salzburg.
Loved this post… Pin It…..
If you wish to collaborate/work with me then contact me at [email protected]
Follow my blog on social media channels at
All content and photos belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com and use of content / photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase