This summer I took East Coast road trip in the USA. East Coast is amazing with full of history, scenic locations like falls, lakes, forests, beaches and a major educational/ commercial hub of USA. Let’s have a look on East Coast Road Trip Planner in the USA.
This trip is a round trip starting from New York and ending at New York. There are many itineraries on search engines and travel websites for East Coast trip. After researching I have designed a final itinerary.
East Coast Road Trip Planner, USA
Boston – 1 night
I stayed in Boston for a night. But there are many things to do in Boston and if you staying for 2 nights then click this to know about what to do during 2 Days in Boston.
Buffalo or Niagara – 1-night stay –
Take Niagara Falls tour while staying in Buffalo both evening tour for Laser and fireworks tour of Niagara and morning tour of Niagara Falls – Take Adventure with Nature. If you are staying in Buffalo then click here to read about Buffalo restaurants which are worth trying out. Click here to book your stay at Buffalo.
Pittsburg – 1 night.
I stayed in Hampton Inn which I found very convenient and affordable with free parking option too. Click here to book your stay in Hampton Inn.
Washington D.C. – 1 night.
Stay in Hampton Inn White House and click here to book your stay.
Philadelphia – 1 night.
I stayed in Hampton Inn with breakfast and free parking. Click here to book your comfortable and affordable stay here.
Back to New York – 3 nights.
In New York, I stayed in Grand Hyatt which is a modern hotel, with a beautiful city view from the terrace and also located adjoining to historic Grand Terminal. Click here to book your stay in Grand Hyatt.
There are many places adjoining to New York for shopping which is highly recommended. You can buy all branded stuff in very affordable rates from these outlet malls. Though these outlet malls are out of the city, you would have to drive from NYC or you can stop in between while returning from New Jersey to NYC. If you are not driving then click here to book Woodbury Common Outlet Mall shopping trip which if 1-day trip. Here you can shop your favorite brands in one place. An open mall with more than 200 branded outlets.
My trip was of total 10 nights
- We rented a car from New York. Take full insurance and toll pass card to be tension free.
- There are two types of road system like with toll or without toll. If a distance is large prefer Toll road as it is much faster, many stopover restaurants and lodging. But if a distance is small then take Toll-free road.
Full Detailed Itinerary during your East Coast Road Trip Planner with cities in between
New York to Boston
* New Haven
* New London
* Rhodes Island
* West Greenwhich
2. Boston to Buffalo
* Saratoga Springs
* Black River Wild Forest
3. Buffalo to Pittsburg
* Lake Erie Beach
* Sandy Lake
* Grove City
4. Pittsburg to Washington
* Seven Springs
* Crystal Spring
5. Washington to Philadelphia
6. Philadelphia to New York
* Morris town
* Woodbury Premium Outlet Mall(nice Shopping Destination)
7. Back to New york
Snapshot of the road map –
Tips for renting a car at USA during East Coast road trip – East Coast Road Trip Planner
- If you are taking a full tank then return a car in full tank mode, it works like the mode you are taking the car you have to return in that way.
- A properly neat and clean car is given to you so keep in mind that do not return the dirty car. Wash before returning either manually or on automatic wash areas on fuel stations.
- Always take full car insurance to be tension free.
- Take toll car reader on rent which is at an extra cost around 20$ for 1week, but toll amount is extra because sometimes we have to take TOLL road. This toll amount comes after 2 weeks and is deducted from your credit card.
- Per day cost of renting a 4 seater car is around 60-90 $ without fuel.
RELATED READS – East Coast Road Trip Planner
- Read about hotel reviews of my New York stay by clicking here….
- Hope you have enjoyed complete East Coast Road Planner in the USA with major attractions covered during this road trip. And if you are not very comfortable in driving in the USA then you can book a 5 day trip of America from NYC to visit Toronto (in Canada), Niagara Falls excursion, Philadelphia Liberty Bell and Independence center, Washington DC and Amish country, or simply guided Niagara Falls Trip of 19 hours from NYC or 2-day combo trip to Washington and Niagara Falls.
- There are many other iconic road trips in the USA which are worth going to.
- Know more about the best road trips in the USA which you must do once in a lifetime.
- If you are going for San Diego with kids then click this to read here during your West Coast Trip in the USA.
Love It…. Then Pin It….
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase