Georgia country is truly a worth visiting country with welcoming and hospitable people. Nowadays, Georgia is gaining popularity amongst tourists, so presenting you Georgia Itinerary 5 Days – Plan a trip to Georgia. Georgia has many places with history, culture, pilgrimages, natural landscapes, gastronomic zones, and travelers searching for the perfect Georgia Itinerary. I am bringing the combination of all places, presenting you Georgia Itinerary 5 days.
Also, you would know why to visit Georgia, and it should be on your bucket list.
Georgia Itinerary 5 Days – Useful Tips
Check below useful and handy information about Georgia itinerary 5 days and below that detailed day-wise itinerary.
International Airport ✈️
Tbilisi, Batumi and Kutaisi
Direct flights from Dubai to Tbilisi
|Departure at||Return at||Airline||Find tickets|
|28 September 2022||30 September 2022|
|12 October 2022||12 October 2022|
|1 November 2022||5 November 2022|
|5 December 2022||7 December 2022|
Georgian Lari, US Dollars are also accepted at many places. There are many currency exchanges in Tbilisi’s old Historic town, so you can easily exchange your USD from here.
Visa Process – 🛂
- For UAE residents, it is a visa on Arrival. You need to show your return tickets, hotel booking confirmations, and Travel Insurance documents to get a Georgia visa stamp on your passport.
- For most of the Middle East countries, if you are a resident, then you get Visa On Arrival for Georgia.
- For other nationalities – Apply E-Visa online, and very quickly, you get Georgia’s visa.
Best Time to Visit – ❅ ❆ ϟ ☁ ☂ ☼ ☽ ☾
- Spring to Summer for enjoying outdoor nature and full blooms, bathing in rivers, springs, or waterfalls.
- Winter for affordable snow adventure sports.
- Autumn for witnessing stunning forest colors.
Food Guide 😋
Georgian cuisine is a must-try. You get a lot many vegetarian varieties in Georgian cuisine too. Read more about vegetarian-friendly Georgia cuisine.
Hotels – Where to Stay🏨
Read my Detailed Guide on Hotels in Tbilisi with location maps, the proximity of tourist attractions, and budget
There are many tourist attractions near Tbilisi, so better to book hotels in Tbilisi and go for day trips nearby. Click here to check my hotel in Tbilisi.
- Book affordable rental cars from Tbilisi, Georgia.
If your trip is longer than five days and you consider going to Batumi and Kutaisi, book hotels at Batumi and in-between places.
So mainly you are booking hotels in Tbilisi. But as Kazbegi is the jewel of Georgia, one night stay in Kazbegi is also worth it. So for five day Georgia tour, you would book hotels in Tbilisi and Kazbegi.
Tbilisi International Airport to Hotel – If you have booked a local tour guide, then there is the culture in Georgia to pick and drop from the airport with tour guide services. If you have not booked, you can request your hotel to arrange pick-up. Pick up from the airport to the hotel is not very expensive in Georgia, and also, sometimes they do it for free.
Georgia Itinerary 5 Days – Plan a trip to Georgia
Tbilisi being an international airport in Georgia is well-connected with many countries. So it is always advisable to land in Tbilisi and take day trips from Tbilisi.
DAY 1 – Georgia Itinerary 5 Days
Kakheti Winery tour & Signahi Love city tour
Discover Sighnaghi, the enchanting city of love, with its wonderful Alazani Valley. Explore the wine-producing region of Georgia, Kakheti. Taste Georgian wine, unlike any other wine in the world. A wine tour in Georgia is a must-do thing on a trip to Georgia. Wine tour in Georgia tops the list of Georgia tourist attractions. Book Khareba Wine tours in Georgia with a Signaghi day trip from Tbilisi.
Tour type – Gastronomic, Nature
HIGHLIGHTS OF TOUR
- Stopover at Bodbe Monastery – burial place of Saint Nino. A Saint for Georgians who converted their religion into Christianity.
- Try your hand at baking Georgian bread, cheese, and Chacha.
- Wander around ‘Love City,’ Sighnaghi – discover” The Great Wall of Georgia.”
- Explore the most extensive wine cellar in Georgia, Winery Khareba.
GEORGIA ITINERARY 5 DAYS – VIDEO TOUR
DAY 2 – Georgia Itinerary 5 Days
Gori Caves & Borjormi Tour or Gori Caves & Mtskehta city tour
Discover one of the most historical places of Georgia, including the ancient rock complex of Uplistsikhe, Stalin Museum, and 2 UNESCO heritage sites, Jvari Monastery and Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, in the old capital of Georgia, Mtskheta. A perfect day trip from Tbilisi, Georgia, for history lovers. Click here to book full day Tbilisi city tour and Mtskheta attractions tour.
Tour type – Historical & Religious
HIGHLIGHTS OF TOUR –
- Cathedral of Georgia, Svetitskhoveli – 3rd century BC
- Jvari Monastery – 6th-century Georgian Orthodox monastery
- Aerial view of the confluence of the rivers Aragvi and Mtkvari
- Discover Uplistsikhe cave town – Iron age antique rock-hewn town
- Explore Gori and the Museum of Stalin – the birthplace of Soviet Union leader.
You can also do a Gori caves tour with a Borjomi sulfur bath tour. If time permits, you can proceed to the Rabati Castle tour too.
Visit Rabati Castle, a medieval castle complex that dates back to the 13th century. Relax in the healing town in Georgia – Borjomi with sulfur baths.
Tour type – Historical, Nature, Healing wellness
DAY 3 – Georgia Itinerary 5 Days
Ananuri, Gudauri & Kazbegi (Overnight stay at Kazbegi)
Click here to Kazbegi trip from Tbilisi. Explore the Caucasus hilltop town Kazbegi and Gergeti Trinity Church, surrounded by magical mountain peaks and stunning valleys. With stopovers in between at spectacular slopes of Gudauri and historical Ananuri Fortress
This trip should be a must in your Georgia itinerary.
Tour type – Nature, historical and religious
HIGHLIGHTS OF TOUR
- First, stop at Zhinvali Water Reservoir on Georgian Military Highway.
- Then explore nearby historical Ananuri Fortress – the seat of the Eristavis (Dukes) of Aragvi, a feudal dynasty that ruled the area around the 13th century.
- Take a dip in the Ananuri river nearby.
- Proceed to admire the spectacular slopes of Gudauri – Friendship Monument of Georgian and Russian people in Gudauri, on the Georgian Military Highway overlooking Devil’s Valley
- Explore Kazbegi and Gergeti Trinity Church, surrounded by magical mountain peaks – Enjoy the view of Mount Kazbegi, standing 5047 meters tall.
DAY 4 – Georgia Itinerary 5 Days
Return from Kazbegi via Mtskheta,
Explore Kazbegi’s nearby hilltops and waterfalls while returning. And on return from Kazbegi to Tbilisi you can cover Mtskheta city tour in between.
DAY 5 – Georgia Itinerary 5 Days
Tbilisi City tour
Tbilisi, the largest and the capital city of Georgia (country), is located in Eurasia. For this strategic location of Tbilisi, it is also known as the “Balcony of Europe” – a perfect blend of European and Asian cultures. A little, hidden gem in Eurasia, Tbilisi is a journey to hospitality and culture.
So now you get the perfect Georgia Itinerary 5 days which covers nature, food destinations, culture, religious places, and historical places.
As Georgia has many places to visit, you can extend your trip to Batumi, Kutaisi, Mestia, and Ushugui regions. But as these places are far from Tbilisi, you need more days to cover all of these. For these places, 10 to 12 days are sufficient.
AZERBAIJAN TRAVEL VIDEO – TOUR ITINERARY
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) – Georgia Itinerary
- Is Georgia worth visiting with kids?
Ans. Yes, Georgia is a very much kids friendly country. You will find many exciting gardens, rivers or lakesides, horse riding for kids here.
- Is Georgia safe?
Ans. Georgia is pretty safe due to lovable and peaceful locals. It would be best to have simple precautions like what you take into a new place.
- Do we get vegetarian food in Georgia?
Ans. Yes, we get delicious Georgian cuisine with many vegetarian varieties. You can read my article on Georgia vegetarian cuisine.
- Is Georgia expensive or affordable?
Ans. Yes very much. As compared to western Europe, Georgia is excellent on pockets. Food is relatively cheap, and even local guided tours. You find decent food in a good restaurant at 40 to 50 USD for a family of 4. One day locally guided trip costs you around 100 USD with car, gas, and conducted services included. Even tourist attractions don’t have considerable fees to enter. You get all types of budget hotels here in Tbilisi. Local transport is very cheap to visit nearby cities.
- How are Georgian people or locals?
Ans. Georgia is a top-rated destination nowadays, as per many famous travel websites. Georgians are amiable people, and here you will find all warmth, love, and hospitality. People here welcome tourists like friends or family members. That is why Georgia is the most desired destination nowadays.
I hope you will find Georgia Itinerary 5 Days – Plan A Trip To Georgia article handy and helpful. So please save this Georgia travel guide as you know now worth visiting Georgia tourist attractions.
I have written a lot on Georgia Itinerary or Georgia travel planner – so read more about specific places in Georgia at
GEORGIA USEFUL READS – Plan a Trip to Georgia
- Georgia in Summers- COME AND PAMPER YOUR SOUL
- Discover Georgia in Winters
- Highlights of Tbilisi SightSeeing Attractions – Things to do in Tbilisi
- Full Guide on Georgia.
Follow my blog on social media channels at
All content and photos belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com and use of content/photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and the views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations, or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase