A Guide to Unique Lviv restaurants – Best Places to Eat in Lviv
Lviv is a Gastronomer’s Delight. Lviv is a city of Coffee, Chocolates, and Beer. Many local manufacturing units in Lviv offers unique chocolates, coffees, and beer. The uniquely themed restaurants, bars, cafes make Lviv a Foodie’s delight. Not only the variety of food in Lviv makes it worth visiting but the unique theme, funny interiors, and live workshops make a person to try out Unique Lviv Restaurants. Let’s check out Guide to Unique Lviv Restaurants – Best Places to Eat in Lviv.
FOOD AND GOURMET TOUR IN LVIV | GUIDE TO UNIQUE LVIV RESTAURANTS – BEST PLACES TO EAT IN LVIV
- GASOVA LAMPA, LVIV – This is the most unique restaurant museum in Lviv. The first kerosene Lamp was invented at Lviv in 1853 and in this restaurant you can take the tour of how lamps are designed, the story of the invention of lamps while eating your favorite Eastern European cuisine in this restaurant. This three-storeyed restaurant with special floors designated to the evolution of Gas Lamps. Various and huge collections of Vintage to modern Gas Lamps from all over Europe are displayed here and making this pub/restaurant to possess the biggest collection of lamps in Europe. They serve central European Ukrainian food and for vegetarians, you can order Grilled Vegetables. The whole atmosphere and ambiance are filled with small explosions, flashes of fire, the smell of Gas.
- DRUNKEN CHERRY/ DRUNK CHERRY BAR – A glowing red cherry wine shop at Rynok square will surely grab your attention, due to its unique interiors. This stop-over at Drunken Cherry is must Do in Lviv though you don’t drink wine. This cherry wine is a unique and favorite drink of Lviv as they are sourced from locally produced cherries in Carpathian mountains. This cherry wine is amazingly sweet and is not loaded with too much alcohol. It tastes just like a normal Cherry juice. The unique interiors are adorned with red wine bottles, wine glasses all over. Even a grand chandelier is made of wine bottles. Though they don’t have much seating space and only a couple of high chairs/tables outside the shop, people queue up to this place to have their favorite drink.
- BASILICO – Located at the main corner of Rynok square of Lviv, this Italian restaurant has good options for vegetarians also. Also, they serve wide varieties of berry mojitos which are worth trying. As this restaurant is strategically located, so having a sip of your favorite drink and munching on cheesy pizza, enjoy the vibrant market square view. This restaurant opens till late at TIP – Opt for outdoor seating.
- PRAVDA BEER THEATER – A unique bar theatre from a local brewery which is spread on 3 floors have a live rock band, unique beer, and local Eastern European cuisine. The beer at this place is unique because they are named and themed after famous politicians of the world. The tastes and color are associated with famous politicians personalities. Now you can very well guess what an Obama beer or Merkel Beer or Putin Beer would taste or look like. Also, live orchestra band plays on the top floor which plays all styles of music from Frank Sinatra to popular recent soundtracks. They also perform on local Ukrainian music. On the ground floor, you can also taste beer from their wide collection of freshly brewed local beer from taps or bottles. They have an open kitchen which serves Eastern European and Ukrainian cuisine. This is also located on Rynok square, opposite to Town Hall. The interiors of this beer Theater is very metallic and rustic. People love to sit here and discuss their favorite politicians by sipping their personalized drinks.
- DE MANDJARO – Located on the most classy and romantic streets of Lviv, this restaurant is famous among youngsters, teenage students, and This budget-friendly restaurant has various options for pizzas, burgers, steaks, and drinks. Being a vegetarian, I found many various options in pizzas and pasta. Rustic interiors and also they have a seating arrangement outside. There is little ice-cream kiosk outside this restaurant, which is worth after a good meal or in-between snack. Many fresh fruits flavored Italian Gelato styled ice-cream is a famous hotspot in Lviv. Many people queue up outside this kiosk to grab their favorite ice-creams.
- CELENTANO PIZZERIA – Located at the main center of Lviv facing Lviv Town Hall, this restaurant is always full. For outdoor seating, people queue up and wait for many hours. The peculiarity of this place is that they serve Extra Large Pizza, which is larger than the table (pun included). Fresh berry drinks and various Mojitos are worth trying out here in this restaurant. The main attraction is to have lunch and dinner here and completely soak into the colorful atmosphere of Lviv.
- LVIV HANDMADE CHOCOLATE / LVIV CHOCOLATE FACTORY – Lviv is famous for unique styled chocolates. Take a tour of Lviv chocolate factory which is located in the historic center of Lviv. This glass-walled factory makes you tempted to peep inside and can watch for how craftsmen and chefs create wonderful chocolate figurines from bulky chocolate chunks. By climbing the spiral wooden staircase, go to the first floor above the manufacturing unit to buy your favorite chocolate pieces. They are available per piece, bars, per kg and per box. Climb further high to grab your favorite chocolate drink and get lost into the rustic interiors of Chocolate café. This café on the terrace offers wonderful views of Lviv while enjoying wonderful chocolates.
- LVIV COFFEE MINES / LVIV COFFEE MANUFACTURING – Lviv, which is a coffee capital of Ukraine and its coffee houses date back from the 17th century till today. This museum restaurant “Lviv Coffee Mine” which has unique coffee extraction in the basement. Coffee in Lviv is hidden undergrounds like a mine where miners bring coffee beans through rail track, pulleys to the top and they are roasted, milled and served. You can go down through narrow spiral stairs and see the whole process of mining through iron railings covering basement. After visiting coffee mine, you can enjoy your hot coffee on the Ground floor and also purchase coffee beans.
- CHEESE TASTING IN LVIV – Try cheese tasting at any Cheese selling joints or Galician restaurants, because Lviv is also famous for special flavored cheese. This cheese is slightly bitter in taste because cattle are fed with hay. Annually in Autumn Lviv hosts grand Cheese and Wine festival. During this time, many events, concerts, and shows are held in Lviv.
There are many themed and unique restaurants in Lviv like House of Legends, Green(vegan-friendly), Terrazza(roof-top), Kiryjvka (militarily themed restaurant) and many countless others. Lviv is a perfect assortment of quirk to controversial themed restaurants offering various cuisines and desserts. Not only these restaurants are just a place for eating, but also act as a museum to know about a particular journey of food and how it is processed. Isn’t that interesting to know about how your chocolates are made, or coffee is mined or cheese is made by gulping your favorite food? At every corner of the city, you would find a specific theme restaurant which is quite unusual and interesting. Go for an Interesting Tour to Unique Lviv Restaurants – Best Places to eat in Lviv.
Not only restaurants, but there are many streetside small booths, kiosks which serve you a beer, wine, coffee and in between snacks. They too are worth trying and also their shapes are very unique. Some are shaped inside a barrel or a window from a colorful building serving you with your favorite hot or cold drink with some munch overs. These are few samples of Unique Lviv Restaurants – Best Places to eat in Lviv which I have tried during my 3 days stay in Lviv.
Check this post for Amazing things to do in Lviv with highlights of major attractions in Lviv.
If you are going for Kiev City tour then read this.. by clicking here.
Read complete Ukraine itinerary for 10 to 12 days by clicking here.
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase