Ukraine is the largest country in Eastern Europe. Ukraine is well-known for its colorful buildings, golden-domed cathedrals, rugged mountain-scapes, wild forests, Black-Sea coastline, folk traditions, and vibrant culture. Ukraine is a young and developing nation, though not very famous in the Tourism world it is a worth visiting country for natural beauty, marvelous architecture, and splendid cities. Let’s read about Interesting Places to Visit in Ukraine with 12 days Ukraine Itinerary.
What to do in Ukraine in 12 Days – Interesting Places to Visit in Ukraine | Ukraine Itinerary
I recommend this Itinerary which I made to cover all these Top Places to visit in Ukraine
- Day 1 – Reach Kyiv and enjoy the Evening or Nightlife of Kyiv (Overnight in Kyiv)
- Day 2– Kyiv City Tour (Overnight in Kyiv)
- Day 3 – Drive to Tunnel of Love, Castles and reach Lviv (Overnight in Lviv)
- Day 4 – Lviv City Tour (Overnight in Lviv)
- Day 5 – Carpathian Mountain day Tour (Early start and reach late back to the hotel for an overnight stay in Lviv)
- Day 6 – Drive to nearby countrysides of Lviv, small towns like Ivano Francisco, Sunflower field area. (Overnight in Lviv)
- Day 7 – Drive to Kiev while passing through castles in between. (Overnight in Kiev)
- Day 8 – Kiev City Tour Part 2. Kiev is a big city with many places to see so Kiev city tour can be divided into 3 parts. (Overnight in Kiev)
- Day 9 – Early start to Odessa (475 km drive) in between stopping at Missile Museum (Overnight in Odessa)
- Day 10 – Odessa City Tour. Leave to Kiev on the same day in the late afternoon. (Overnight in Kiev)
- Day 11 – Last part of Kiev City Tour with Nightlife on the same evening (Overnight in Kiev)
- Day 12 – Shopping, casual walking, and back to home
There are many Day and Night Trains available for commuting between two cities. Also, you can go through internal flights through low-cost Internal Airlines. I used road transport as I like road trips because to halt in between small towns, castles, and cities.
Let’s go and Visit Top Interesting Places to Visit in Ukraine – Ukraine Itinerary
Ukraine tour video
LVIV – Cultural Capital of Ukraine – 4 Nights in Lviv
LVIV CITY TOUR GUIDE – CLICK ME
Lviv lies in Western Ukraine at about 70km from the border of Poland. Lviv also lies close to borders of Austria, Slovakia, Romania, and Hungary. This small European-styled walkable city – LVIV is also known as PARIS OF EUROPE. Earlier Lviv was a part of Poland and in 1939, it became a part of Ukraine. In Lviv, you can find Polish architecture with the influence of Soviet-style. Lviv is also a city of restaurants and cafes. If you are on diet then don’t go for Lviv as Lviv is heaven for foodies and has many uniquely themed cafes. Lviv is also famous for its coffee and chocolate manufacturing units. You can reach Lviv by car or by train from Kyiv/Kiev. You can book your 2 days Lviv tour from Kiev with hotel stay by clicking here.
Click here to book my Hotel stay in Lviv or check for more Hotel stays in Lviv –
TUNNEL OF LOVE at KLEVAN TOWN – Day trip from Kiev or Lviv
TUNNEL OF LOVE & DAY TOURS FROM KIEV – CLICK ME
It is a natural wonder in Klevan town, which is approximately 350 km from Kyiv and 200 km from Lviv. This fairytale place is one of the most romantic destinations not in Europe but also in Europe. The old, mysterious, Industrial Railway line covered with interwoven bushes and trees will really surprise you with its unique beauty. Though this stretch is 6 km long it creates an optical illusion that Tunnel of Love is an endless or Infinite stretch. In earlier times, during the war, this track was strategically used to transfer goods and arms from one place to another through trains hiding under the bushes. But now due to its charming and dreamy appearance, this is famous for Love among couples. Now couples take romantic vows under this natural tunnel. Click here to book your Tunnel of Love tour from Lviv.
TIP – Apply Mosquito repellant before entering bushes as there are a lot of bees, flies, and mosquitoes.
Take a trip to the BLACK SEA BEACH AT ODESSA – 1 Night
ODESSA CITY TOUR GUIDE – CLICK ME
ODESA is the favorite Party Destination of Ukraine with countless beach Shacks, bars, and clubs. Odessa also has a beautiful historical center inspired by Greek and Turkish architecture. This Port city on the Black Sea is a popular summer beach town with a beautiful dark blackish-blue sea, ballet and Opera theaters, parks, and historical monuments. Click here to know more about my hotel stay in Odessa.
KIEV – CAPITAL OF UKRAINE – 5 Nights in Kiev
KIEV / KYIV CITY TOUR GUIDE – CLICK ME
Kiev is also the greenest capital of Europe with numerous colorful cathedrals with Golden domes. Get soak into marvelous architectures which have undergone several renovations. Kiev is the city which was destroyed many times and rebuilt thereafter. If you want to go for a History’s worst nuclear disaster site, then read this article on the Chernobyl exclusion zone. Click this link to read full guide on Best Things to Do in Kiev City Tour.
Click here to know my hotel stay in Kiev. Or check more Hotel Stays in Kiev/Kyiv
CARPATHIAN MOUNTAIN TOUR – Day trip from Lviv
CARPATHIAN MOUNTAIN TOUR GUIDE – CLICK ME
Green Pearl of Ukraine with emerald lakes, rugged mountain lines, dense & wild forests, meadows, gushing waterfalls and rough rivers. Enjoy the misty Carpathian for pure mountain air and in winters you can go skiing as there are many ski resorts. In summers, go for forest and mountain hikes along the borders of Romania, Slovakia, and Poland. Lviv is a closet city as it lies on the foothills of Carpathians. You can either stay in Lviv and go for a day trip to these mountains or can stay or camp in small towns in the Carpathians. Click here to book your Carpathians mountain tour from Lviv with a stop at Kamianka waterfall.
While taking a trip to above mentioned six places there are some in-between Most Recommended things to do in Ukraine.
Take a wonderful PHOTOSHOOT in SUNFLOWER FIELD
Ukraine is one of the largest exporters of Sunflowers in the world. There are many wide-spread sunflower fields with full blooms across the whole country either towards South-East or North-West regions of Ukraine. Take a small stop while going through a road trips anywhere in between and can shoot most likable Instagrammable shots.
Go for a ROAD-TRIP ALONG THE CURVED ROADS
Drive or Rent a Taxi and go for a road trip to different cities with beautiful countryside views on your sides. You will pass through lush green forests, tall trees or agricultural fields. Enjoy your drive through nature in Ukraine.
Camp beside Lake
There are many unknown and hidden gems in the Carpathian mountain range. These gems are emerald lakes full of peace, serenity, and Camp beside them, or hike to those lakes and spend some time there.
HIKE THROUGH DENSE FOREST
Hike through dense forest or natural sanctuaries while plucking your favorite forest berries in between on Carpathian Mountain ranges. There are many natural sanctuaries scattered all over this region. Also, there are a lot of berry patches in this mountain region. Pluck your best berries. Berry patches are wide-spread in Ukraine.
Take a tour to STRATEGIC MISSILE FORCE MUSEUM – Ukraine Tourist Destinations
Take a unique tour to this Missile Museum which was active in the Cold war, Soviet era. It houses nuclear weapons, underground bunkers, passages, and Located at 300 km from Kiev on the way to Odesa, you can get the true onsite experience of going inside the missile launchers, tunnels with proper guided tours. These missiles are not functional in present times but this actual site is open for visitors for tours.
CASTLE TOURS – Ukraine Tourist Destinations
There are many castles in small towns, countrysides, and villages near Kyiv, Lviv, and When you will drive through Kyiv to Lviv, you will pass along a few of them where you can have a small stopover for climbing up high to get picturesque views of nearby villages.
TIPS FOR Ukraine for First Timers | Interesting Places to Visit in Ukraine | Ukraine Itinerary
- The currency of Ukraine is Ukrainian Hryvnia, also known as UAH.
- Read more about Ukraine Travel Tips.
- Check closing days of monuments, museums, and cathedrals before planning your visit.
- People do not understand ENGLISH much so there can be Language problem but you can rid of by using Google Translator. Always keep your Google Translator ready. Google Translator or any Translator App on your mobile is a must in Kyiv.
- There are different Visa formalities for Ukraine. Check on their website for more information. Check this official website for Visa information.
- Spring and Summers (April to September) are the best times to visit Ukraine
- Ukraine is well known for vibrant Nightlife. Nightlife lovers will enjoy in Ukraine.
- Ukraine offers various cuisines and you will not find any problem regards eating out. Kiev even has a beautiful street food culture. Vegetarians can find many options in Italian, Georgian, Indian and Grilled Section of Ukrainian Cuisines.
- Ukraine is safe and only you have to take general precautions.
- Ukraine is not very expensive. Shopping is good and affordable.
- For transportation in towns or cities of Ukraine, you can use Uber, Metro and walk. Walking along Historic town is best. Uber is also quite efficient here. For inter cities you can take a flight, rail routes or taxis. Taking taxis from one city to another is not very expensive in Ukraine.
Visit Ukraine’s official travel site for more information and planning your trip.
RELATED READS – More about Ukraine | Interesting Places to Visit in Ukraine | Ukraine Itinerary
- Kiev City tour
- Lviv City tour
- Odessa City tour
- Gastronomy tours in Ukraine
- Pirogovo Open Air Museum.
- Kiev Street Art Tour.
- Carpathian Forest Tour.
- Stay reviews in Odessa – Hotel review.
Loved it… Then Pin It…
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase
There are so many beautiful sights to see in Ukraine. Thanks for all this great information, you’ve really interested me in this country.
Ukraine is really wonderful to visit.
Fantastic list of places to visit in the Ukraine and is probably the right time scale to do this in. I have been to Kiev and Lviv (I think I been to the country about four times) and love my visits there. I always find something new to do everything. However I still got to get to the tunnel of love and Odessa, I think they will be on my next trip to the country which should be later this year.
It is great that you visited this place so many times. I loved the nature and different culture in Ukraine.