Experience Colorful Kiev Murals Street Art Walking Tour in Ukraine
Ukrainian Capital – Kiev’s street art scene is vibrant, bold, striking which adorns the city buildings, narrow lanes, hidden courtyards, etc. After famous Ukraine’s revolution about 3 to 4 years ago, the Government of Ukraine invited local and international artists to create huge murals adorning the city walls. After 2014, large murals started dominating the building facades, narrow lanes, and underways of Kiev/Kyiv. This initiative in art had brought Kiev dominating in International Street Art map of the world. There are about 153 major artworks created by 32 artists of different nationalities across whole Kiev city. During this Kiev Murals Street Art Walking Tour, you can admire how ordinary buildings are transformed into spectacular and colorful. This art revolution brought a vibrant spark in Kiev city. Click here to book a guided tour to Kiev Murals street art.
This art movement was started by Art United Us whose motto is to solve all global problems through artistic and creative mediums. They started from Kiev and will resolve all global problems around the world by depicting the powerful message of peace and love through art and huge murals. Now let’s experience Kiev Murals Street Art Walking Tour and know why Kiev stands prominently on the map of World Street Art scene. As in Kiev, you would everywhere find huge murals and art but for prominent works of an art check the full map of murals at Kyiv Murals. Here you will find the artwork names and their artists and full details of it.
Experience Kiev Murals Street Art Walking Tour
- The very famous and one of the first mural of Kyiv/Kiev – “REVIVAL”
It was created by Ukrainian and French artist combination named Sevastopol Alexey Kislov and Julien Mullan and known as Seth Land.
This was created during “French spring” in 2014. This mural depicts the true revival spirit of Ukraine.
Location – Intersection of Andrew’s Descent(Upper Neighborhood Town) and Podil (Lower Neighborhood). At Spasskaya Street near Chernobyl Museum
- Another one located on Velkya Street 33 are Vibrant flowers on the façade of the old traditional building. Also downstairs you would find many rustic open seated restaurants and cafes.
- This folk type of art is located on the crossroads of Kiev Opera House. It depicts the traditional musical instruments from Ukraine and folk artists. The whole mural depicts folk art from Ukraine.
- Located on an old building façade at Velyka street. A lady with beautiful thoughts springing in form of flowers.
- This hidden courtyard of the narrow alley beside Georgian Restaurant on Velyka street has beautiful wall art with painted doors, windows and through windows, a beautiful market scene is painted. Also, you can have a photo session with it as it is painted at our height and also bench is provided.
- Not only the building but rustic bars and cafes are also covered with street art type of décor.
- Even the residences and small houses look like a piece of art. This house can be found on Andryiv’s Descent.
- Also, you can see lots of Ukrainian colorful folk art while passing through underways, subways or narrow passages.
Other famous Kiev murals Street art Walking Tour are
- “The Cyclist” by Emmanuel Jarus
- BereGuinya by Mata Puda (Costa Rica)
- Portrait of Ukrainian Poetess
- Mural Freedom
- Mural of Ukrainian Athlete
There are many murals all over Kiev and therefore to cover them you need walking street tours, public transport, car/taxi. Many tour operators also provide Kiev city Street Art Tour, but it can be done by self-tour too. Kiev Mural Street Art is covering 285 sq.kms. area(approximately).
These Mural paintings are not only making the city beautiful and vibrant but have a very deep meaning for grey streets. They are giving life and positive vibes to Kiev city. This art depiction gives you the glimpse of Ukraine’s culture, history, and past political unrest situation. Kiev Murals Street Art Walking Tour is the best way to understand Kiev.
Tips for Kiev Murals Street Art Walking Tour –
- There is art on every façade of the building. Keep your eyes open.
- Start your tour from Golden Gates Metro station and walk towards Podil.
- Check murals location on Kyivmurals.com site
- It is a high walking activity, so wear comfortable footwear and carry enough water with you.
- It is better to have a great Zoom feature on your cameras, as some murals are high on buildings and can be captured from far zones too.
- If you want to know the story behind every mural, then hire a local guide or street art tour provider.
- All murals cannot be covered in a day as they are scattered everywhere in the city, but the most famous ones can be covered in 3 to 4 hours through walking tours.
- Click here to book the Petrykivka painting workshop if you love to paint something traditional Ukrainian art.
This is just a tiny glimpse of Kiev Murals street art in this article. I found the whole city of Kiev very colorful. Even I loved the multi-colored buildings.
Explore yourself the artistic and colorful corners, yards, buildings, facades in hidden streets of Kyiv/Kiev. Kiev is like a big Art Gallery under the sky. Even the food trucks and kiosks are very colorful. Explore and discover colorful Kiev Murals Street Art Walking Tour.
If you love art, colors, murals then you would surely love the vibrant spark of Kiev city.
Read this article to know about major sightseeing attractions in Kiev City Tour.
Also, check about Amazing Things to do in Lviv, if you are traveling to Lviv in western Ukraine.
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase