What to do in Solvang for a day? Then let’s read some of the Best Fun Things To Do In Solvang CA. Solvang is a perfect day trip from Santa Barbara or a weekend trip from Los Angeles. Read some Best Places To Visit In Solvang, CA – Day Trip From Santa Barbara.
Solvang attracts numerous visitors annually due to its unique Danish vibes and relaxed, laid-back settings. Not only is the architecture beautiful, but also the backdrop of Santa Ynez Valley and its sunny climate is truly enchanting. Solvang is also famous for its Danish bakery, gourmet food, and a renowned wine county on the central Californian coast. So let’s learn about some beautiful and top-listed things to do in Solvang, CA, with your family and kids during your California road trip itinerary.
CLICK TO DETAILED CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP ITINERARY
Best Fun Things To Do In Solvang CA – Day Trip From Santa Barbara
Location – How to reach Solvang?
Solvang is located in the Santa Barbara region of Central Coast California and Santa Ynez valley.
- By Road
- Distance from Santa Barbara to Solvang – 41 min (34.4 mi) via CA-154 W/San Marcos Pass Rd
- Distance of Solvang from Los Angeles – 130 Miles (Approx. 2 Hours and 10 minutes).
- By Rail – The nearest railway station is Santa Barbara and you can catch the Amtrak train.
Where to Stay in Solvang?
- Book Hotel Corque
- Click to Book King Frederik Inn
- Click to Book Wine Valley Inn
- Click to Book Kronborg Inn
History – Best & Fun Things To Do In Solvang CA – Day Trip From Santa Barbara
Solvang was established in 1911 when a group of Danish Americans traveled from the Midwest to set up a colony in sunny California. In the 1940s, the idea of turning Solvang into a Danish village took shape. Now you can see how this fairyland place looks stunning with Scandinavian facades, architecture, Danish bakeries, and many more. So there are many places to visit in Solvang California.
Why is Solvang worth visiting? – Solvang Things To Do
You will get a taste of Europe in the heart of California as this place has European heritage architecture. It is called as “Danish Capital of America.”
Take a walking tour around narrow streets and small alleys. You can find Danish pastries, Danish icons like windmills, and historic churches here, as these places were established by Danish immigrants and are also well preserved.
How to internally commute in Solvang? | Solvang Things To Do
Park your car at designated parking slots on reaching Solvang and opt for a nearby trolley, bike path or walk around. The central downtown is small enough to do walking tours or trolley tours.
Things to do in Solvang – Best Fun Things To Do In Solvang CA – Day Trip From Santa Barbara
- Old Santa Ines Mission
- Walk around the historic town and spot the Little Mermaid fountain, 5 windmills, the giant red clog & Round Tower.
- Shop across 150 boutique shops
- Santa Ynez Valley tour
- Hans Christian Andersen Museum
- Wildling Museum
- Ostrichland USA
- Enjoy shows or concerts at Solvang Festival Theater
- Food tour to taste Danish delicacies.
- Visit Bakery and Winery
- Attend Festivals – as Solvang is also known for its unique festivities.
Worth Visiting Museums of Solvang | Best Fun Things To Do In Solvang CA
- Elverhoj Museum.
- Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum.
- The Santa Ynez Valley Historical Society Museum and Parks-Janeway Carriage House
- Hans Christian Andersen Museum.
- The Mendenhall Museum
- Wildling Museum of Art and Nature.
- Thomas Kinkade Places in the Heart Gallery
- Gerlach Photography.
- Solvang Antiques. Speciality & Gift Shops • Art Galleries.
Worth Visiting Vineyards and Wine tasting tours
Santa Ynez Valley is known for its vineyards, and it produces some world-famous wines. Solvang itself boasts of more than 120 vineyards, and therefore, the tour to Solvang is incomplete without visiting wineries nearby. Check out some of the famous wine-tasting tours –
- Cali Love Wine
- Carivintas Winery
- Cassa Cassara Winery & Wine Tasting Room
- CrossHatch Winery
- Lions Peak
- Olive House
Throughout September, as part of California Wine Month, enjoy many promotions and events at vineyards.
Solvang as Festival Town – Best Fun Things To Do In Solvang CA
Solvang is famous for many festivals. It is believed that Solvang is one of the best Christmassy towns in the USA with all festive vibes and celebrations all around. Some of the best festivals and events of Solvang are
- Solvang Faeriefist
- Santa Barbara Vintners Celebration of Harvest
- The Mac and Cheese Festival
- Taste of Solvang
- Solvang Scarecrow Fest
Nearby Places to visit – Best Fun Things To Do In Solvang CA
- Lake Cachuma
- Mesa Lane Beach
- Goleta beach
- The Gaviota Coast
- Arroyo Burro Beach County Park
- Nojoqui Falls
VIRTUAL VIDEO WALKING TOUR OF SOLVANG – Best Fun Things To Do In Solvang CA
CALIFORNIA TRAVEL GUIDE READS
- 11 Best Places To Visit In California With Family & Kids
- Stunning California Road Trip Itinerary 21 – 25 days
- 22 Places To Visit Near San Francisco On Weekend Road trip
- 18 Weekend Day Trips from Los Angeles – Best Road Trips
Loved it… Then Pin it…
Follow my blog on social media channels at
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest
All content and photos belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com and use of content/photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
We are the independent owner of this site and the views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations, or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase