Oman is a country in the Middle East. It is bordered by the Arabian Sea to the west and south, by Saudi Arabia to the north, and shares maritime borders with Qatar and Iran. So let’s read about How to get a visa to Oman without waiting in line?
This Middle East country has been developing its tourism sector which has led to an increase in service employment because of increased demand for accommodations and related activities. The government has invested heavily in various infrastructures such as airports, highways, bridges, etc.
It also offers great scenery: large mountains, desert landscapes, mazes of date trees, and coral reefs at its coastlines. For those who love nature or want to escape from their busy lives, Oman might be a perfect next vacation destination!
Oman e-Visa – a great alternative to a traditional visa – How to get a visa to Oman without waiting in line?
In 2018, the Royal Oman Police introduced an online visa application to speed up the process of receiving a mandatory entry authorization and allow a short stay in their country for all foreign travelers who are eligible for e-Visa to Oman.
There are two types of Oman e-Visa available:
- Single-entry Oman visas: issued for a 10 or 30-day stay with 30-day validity.
- Multiple-entry Oman visa: granted for a stay up to 30 days. This electronic visa is valid for 1 year from the issuance date.
Both types of electronic visas serve only business or tourism-related purposes.
How long can you stay in Oman with e-Visa?
Depending on the particular visa type, you can stay in Oman for a different period of time:
- single-entry visa (1): a permit allowing a maximum stay of 10 days, while it remains valid for 1 month from the date it was issued.
- single-entry visa (2): a permit allowing a maximum stay of 1 month, while the validity period is 30 days.
- multiple-entry visa: a permit allowing numerous visits to Oman, each of them can be maximally 30 days, while it stays valid for 1 year from the issuance date. It’s crucial to know that the first entry must be made within 30 days of its validity period.
Oman e-Visa Online Application Guide
To apply for an electronic visa to Oman – visit our website. After clicking the application button, you will be redirected to the online form.
There are simply 3 steps left to finish your application. These steps include:
- Select your visa type and answer the questions in the application form. Once you have completed it, confirm that everything is correct before going to the next step.
- Make an online payment with any preferred method on the website and check to see if you already have a confirmation number at the email address that you entered in the online form.
- Your e-Visa to Oman will arrive at your email box within 72 hours in PDF form. When you receive an email with your electronic visa, print out your entry permit and take it for your trip.
The best part about electronic visas is the fact that the whole application process can be conducted from home. Use your phone, laptop, PC, or even a tablet to apply for your e-Visa to Oman!
A few reasons why you should apply online –
- By deciding to apply online for an electronic visa, you can gain the assistance of professionals who handle hundreds of visa applications every day. These experts will do all their best to ensure your application is trouble-free and processed smoothly.
- While traditional Embassy procedures can take even up to several weeks, online application for e-Visa to Oman shouldn’t take more than 3 business days.
- By applying online, you need to follow only 3 intuitive steps to submit an application.
- Every application is revised by a professional support team before it will be sent further to the governmental authorities for approval.
- The requirements are very standard and are possible to be met by every applicant all over the world. Apart from a working device with an Internet connection, all applicants need to have access to email and an online payment method. Regarding the necessary documents, most eligible applicants need to simply attach a valid passport bio-data page and a face photo.
- Online application means no time wasted on getting to the nearest diplomatic post and no need to wait in long lines waiting for your turn. Not only can you save your time but money too!
What else you should know about e-Visa to Oman
- A passport used for an online application cannot expire within at least 6 months following your entry to Oman.
- If you are already a holder of one valid e-Visa to Oman, you need to wait until it expires in order to apply for another one.
- The moment your passport expires or any of its data changes, your current e-Visa automatically expires. You need to submit a new application.
- All e-Visa to Oman applicants must be aware that this online permit doesn’t cover taking up any form of employment in Oman.
- If you want to submit your online form, you must know that it’s possible only outside Oman.
- You shouldn’t overstay your electronic visa as it entails penalties of 10 OMR for each day of your illegal stay in the country.
- There’s no need to prove financial resources covering the entire period of your stay in Oman.
- If Oman is only a transit stop before reaching your final intended country, you can enter Oman visa-free. However, if your transit stop will take more than 6 hours, an online application for a visa is necessary.
How to get a visa to Oman without waiting in line?
Visit Oman to explore its explicit historical sites, spend your vacation time relaxing at one of the many beach resorts, handle your business affairs or simply stop for a while before you go further to another country.
The country is becoming more and more popular among tourists due to its beautiful landscape, friendly people, low cost of living, open-mindedness, and mild weather. Oman is also placed among the safest countries in the Middle East, very affordable, and near some major tourist destinations like Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
All of these activities are now within your reach. The only thing you need to do is to apply online for Oman e-Visa. Don’t forget to do that 3 business days before you start your Middle East adventure!
RELATED READS – MIDDLE EAST TRAVEL OPTIONS
- Historical Day Trips from Muscat
- Muscat to Bimmah Sinkhole Tour – Things to do Near Muscat
- Review Of OMAN AIR Business Class FLY WITH STYLE
- Photos of Oman – Oman photography Tour
- Weekend Road Trips From Dubai – Best Weekend Getaways In UAE
- Things To Do In Dubai At Night – Dubai City Night Tour
- UAE Travel Guide.
If you wish to collaborate/work with me then contact me at [email protected]
Follow my blog on social media channels at
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest
All content and photos belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com and use of content/photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and the views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations, or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase