Read Istanbul Itinerary 4 days – 4 days in Istanbul with detailed things to do in Istanbul, hotels in Istanbul, and useful information.
Istanbul, a bi-continental city, is a unique city in the world due to its location. This city lies at the confluence of two continents, so it has a fantastic amalgamation of two cultures. These two cultures and historical vibes have formed a unique character of this city, which you can see in the city’s lifestyle, architecture, food, dress, and markets.
Turkey is a popular holiday destination; hence, if you plan your Istanbul itinerary in advance, you can enjoy the most.
Click here to book a stay near or at Taksim Square – Istanbul Itinerary
- INTERCONTINENTAL Istanbul – Click here to book my stay in Istanbul.
- Sofitel Istanbul Taksim.
- Point hotel Taksim.
Istanbul Itinerary 4 Days – 4 Days In Istanbul
DAY 1 in Istanbul
- Head to Hagia Sophia (Public Transport – 1st ride)
- You can use Hagia Sophia Fast Track Entry Ticket issued with Istanbul Welcome Card.
- After that, visit Blue Mosque Tour (Free Entry).
- Take the City tour by Tram and return to Taksim square (Use of Public Transport-2nd ride)
- Stroll across Istiklal Street and Taksim Square for nightlife, and then head back to your hotel at Taksim Square.
- Day 1 ends here.
DAY 2 in Istanbul
- Take Public transport (3rd ride) and visit Topkapi Palace. Then see Basilica Cistern, just walking distance from it on the other side of the road. Use fast-track entry issued by Istanbul Welcome Card.
- Take the Sultanahmet Square tour on foot for historical and cultural.
- Take Vegetarian Turkish Lunch at an authentic Turkish Restaurant in Sultanahmet at Almedar Restaurant near Gulhane Tram station.
- Go Shopping in a historic town as it has some beautiful options.
- Return to Galata Tower for an evening view by Public Transport(4th ride).
- Stroll across rainbow steps near Galata Tower, Istiklal street, and then back to the hotel on foot. Dinner at Istiklal street.
DAY 3 in Istanbul
- Early Morning – Visit the Galata tower top(Extra Ticket) to view the whole city. You can walk to Galata tower from Taksim Square.
- Trip to Balat for Colorful houses and quirky cafes by Public Transport-Bus (5th ride).
- Back to Sultanahmet(6th ride) for Lunch at the same Turkish restaurant.
- Evening Sunset Bosphorus Cruise – Use Fast track entry ticket through Istanbul Welcome Card – 90 minutes cruise.
- Take public transport(7th ride) to catch the Whirling Dervish Ceremony evening show at Hodja Pasha Cultural Center(Extra Ticket). Click here to book the Whirling Dervish ceremony show.
- After the show, we had dinner with a view of Istanbul at the quirky café of Glamour Lounge.
- Return to the hotel by Public transport(8th ride).
DAY 4 in Istanbul
- Walk along Istiklal Street and Galata Tower neighborhood from the hotel.
- Take a tram(9th ride) to reach Grand Bazaar for shopping.
- After Grand Bazaar, have vegetarian Turkish Lunch at a local Turkish restaurant at Sultanahmet.
- After Lunch, go back to Istiklal street by public transport. (10th ride).
- Take Red colored vintage tram at Istiklal street, which is included in the Public transport Card. Istanbul welcome card has a balance for ten rides.
How to commute inside Istanbul city? – Istanbul Itinerary
- Click to book airport transfers to and fro.
- Take public transport like tram, metro, bus, funicular, and cable car. They are safe for tourists with standard precautions.
- You can also use the ferry to go to another side of Istanbul and enjoy the stunning view of this lovely city.
- Book a taxi by Uber.
- There are regular taxis too, but then there can be language problems, and they can ask you for any amount, so better to reserve through official channels.
- All tourist places are well connected by public transport, and you can buy bulk rides by magnetic card – Istanbulkart, which is also cost-friendly.
- Also, you can book some fantastic walking tours in Istanbul.
Fall in love with beautiful Istanbul – a silhouetted city with a confluence of many cultures, a bi-continental city of Eurasia where West meets East.
Now you know how to plan your 4 days in Itinerary with the best Istanbul Itinerary 4 days covering attractions, shopping, nightlife, culinary tours, and all best of Istanbul. You can also plan an Istanbul itinerary 3 days by doing a historical tour of Sultanahmet in one day. If you are planning an Istanbul itinerary 5 days, then add a day trip to Bursa. Or visit the Gallipoli island tour from Istanbul on your 5th day on the Istanbul city tour.
Turkey Itinerary 5 days Video
Follow more on social media channels at
All content and photos belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com and use of content/photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The blog’s content is solely my views of a place or a thing. This does not offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products, so this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
We are the independent owner of this site, and the views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations, or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase.