Jebel Jais – UAE’s highest peak, located in the north-western Hajar mountain range. Hajar mountain range was formed 70 million years ago and is situated at the border of Oman and the eastern part of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Jebel Jais which is the highest peak of this area is geographically situated in Ras Al Khaimah – a beautiful coastal and the scenic Emirates of UAE. This peak is very famous among adventure & thrill lovers, nature lovers as it offers world-class adventure thrill rides and spectacular views from the top. So let’s read about Jebel Jais Road trip From Dubai – Things To Do In Jebel Jais
CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE GUIDE ON STAYCATION OPTIONS IN UAE
DISTANCE FROM DUBAI – Jebel Jais Road trip From Dubai – Things To Do In Jebel Jais
167.3 km via Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road / E 311
169.8 km via Emirates Road / E 611
TIME TO REACH – Jebel Jais Road trip From Dubai – Things To Do In Jebel Jais
If you go non-stop then it takes approximately 2.5 to 3 hours to reach the top. But there are many beautiful viewpoints in between for having a small stop-over.
HOW IS THE DRIVE – Jebel Jais Road trip From Dubai – Things To Do In Jebel Jais
The roads are in perfect condition and you will drive across mountainous slopes with many hair bend curves and therefore do not go after sunset as it may be dark and risky to drive on a mountainous road.
NEAREST PLACE TO LIVE IN LUXURY RESORTS OR HOTELS
Book your hotel resort stay at Ras Al Khaimah as this Emirates has wide range of luxury hotel resort stay with private beach access. RAK is known for its extra-ordinary marine life too. Check my review on my stay at Cove Rotana, Ras Al Khaimah.
CLICK HERE TO READ REVIEW OF COVE ROTANA RESORT
Jebel Jais Road trip From Dubai – Things To Do In Jebel Jais
CLICK HERE TO BOOK HALF DAY MOUNTAIN PICNIC WITH INTERNATIONAL CUISINE
- Nature lovers love mountainous road drive. There are many viewpoints to have the view of valley and hills.
- Sunset from various viewpoints
- Drive to the top of the peak and book your dining at UAE’s highest restaurant – 1484 by Puro (PRE RESERVATION IS MANDATORY)
- Take the world’s longest zipline from one mountain to another mountain at JEBEL JAIS FLIGHT The perfect thing to do for adventure and thrill lovers. Take an adventure with nature while ziplining from one mountain peak to another at Jebel Jais, Ras Al Khaimah. Operational hours :
Open Wednesday to Sunday, and all public holidays.
Summer timings (till 1 September)10AM – 6PM
Winter timings (starting 4 September ) 9 AM – 5 PM
- Jebel Jais Viewing Deck Park – Jebel Jais Viewing Deck Park is the perfect place for a beautiful stopover with view of hills. The park features seven viewing decks with twelve binoculars overlooking superb vistas of the Arabian Gulf and Hajar Mountain valleys all from 1,250 meters above sea level. Opening hours:
Weekdays – 8am to 8pm
Weekends – 8am to 11pm
- Jebel Jais Mountain Climbing via Ferrata – A designated mountain path is made to climb up safely. The Via Ferrata is a steel cable which runs along the route and is periodically (every 1 to 10 metres) fixed to the rock. Climbers are harnessed to the cable while climbing.
- Mountain biking and trailing.
- Spot some local flora and fauna. Donkeys and goats are commonly spotted here.
- Camping at designated spots. A portable toilet facility is there at camping spots.
- Stop-over at viewpoints with food trucks and view.
- Jais Sky Maze – Get your adrenaline rushing at a new obstacle maze on the UAE’s highest mountain! Consists of two levels of endless adventure & fun, the Jais Sky Maze is suitable for adventure seekers of all ages. These obstacles include rope swings, wobbly bridges, swinging loops and so much more!
Open Wednesday to Sunday, and all public holidays.
Timings: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
WATCH FULL ROAD TRIP VIDEO
BEST TIME TO VISIT
October to April. Winter is the best time in UAE to witness and explore the nature trails and nature adventure. Weekends / National holidays are mostly busy and weekdays are very peaceful.
Do you get food other than booking the restaurant at the top?
There are a couple of food trucks just 1.5 km before the highest point. There is designated parking, observation deck, with seating out area. You can buy some snacks and drinks from food trucks and enjoy your meals with a view of mountains and valleys. There is a facility to freshen up also. Vegetarians can choose from vegetarian Pizza, Pasta, coffee, tea, Masala chai, ice-creams, colas, ice-slush. A very nice seating area with picnic benches offering the view of mountains all over. There are no big restaurants and commercial establishments on the top of the peak to maintain beautiful nature and therefore it is advised to carry some extra food and lots of water/juices with you.
TIPS FOR CAMPING – Jebel Jais Road trip From Dubai – Things To Do In Jebel Jais
- Carry your all camping needs – tents, beds, quilts, and other necessary stuff.
- Carry BBQ stuff with small food items.
- Also carry some extra bags to clear the clutter as littering out in nature is not permissible.
- Always layout your camping stuff at designated camping sites which are mostly near the viewpoints. There you can find a portable toilet facility too.
- Camping in UAE is very safe and sound.
- Respect nature and surroundings and don’t get loud.
- There are not many food items sold there, so carry ample amount of food and water.
- Weather at night can become suddenly very cold, so carry some jackets and quilts with you. It has been heard that Jebel Jais experienced snowing too in previous years.
CLICK HERE TO KNOW OTHER GLAMPING OPTIONS IN UAE
SOME OTHER DAY ROAD TRIPS FROM DUBAI – WORTH DOING WEEKEND DAY ROAD TRIPS FROM DUBAI
- Wadi Shawka Dam visit
- Al Qudra Lake camping
- Mleiha desert fossils tour
- Khorfakkan tour
- Hatta Dam tour
- The Farm Al Barari
- Majaz Waterfront, Sharjah
- Al Aqah Beach & Snoopy Island, Fujairah
- Seven Summits Hiking Trail and Park, Fujairah
- Al Dayah Fort, RAK
- Kalba Dam & Park
- Rafisah Dam & Sheesh Park
- Al Zohra Marina, Ajman
- Umm Al Quwain Mangroves
WATCH – DAY TRIPS FROM DUBAI – VIDEO TOUR
Loved it….. Then Pin It…..
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
If you wish to collaborate/work with me then contact me at [email protected]
Follow my blog on social media channels at
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest
All content and photos belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com and use of content / photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements. We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase
This looks like such a fun road trip to go on, with lots of great stops and views along the way.
This is so cool! I haven’t been to Dubai in years but had no idea this was there. Definitely on the list for next time!
Wow, Jebel Jais looks incredible! I’d love to climb it and take in the views of the amazing landscape! I’d love to dine at the restaurant, what an amazing experience! Although I’m not sure I’m brave enough to tackle the zipwire though! Thanks for the great guide!
Had never heard of Jebel Jais, thanks for sharing sounds really worth it for a trip from Dubai. Will definitely consider when I’m next in dubai
Wow, the rod to Jebel Jais looks like you’re driving through another planet! I keep seeing all these amazing things to do in the UAE and I’m starting to keep a list for when I can make it over there. This road trip definitely looks incredible.
I have been enjoying road trips recently, and I reckon that visiting Jebel Jais is something my husband and myself will truly enjoy. The hillside, and all the views around are spectacular. And of course, the gorgeous sky at night, that is definitely a romantic view.
I love road trips, especially in such beautiful hilly scenery and on roads full of bends. So, the Jebel Jais Road trip from Dubai seems a perfect idea for a trip when visiting Dubai. I would also like to try Jebel Jais Mountain Climbing via Ferrata. Camping looks fabulous!
This is the first time I have heard about this place and I guess it is worth the visit. Happy to know that the roads are in perfect condition. We would love to experience dining at 1484 by Puro and I know my boys would be thrilled to take the zipline.
When I was in Dubai I didn’t even think that I could do a road trip. But that was many many years ago. Ever since I have seen posts where people have expanded their trip to other areas from Dubai and I always wonder, why I didn’t do that. Jebel Jais seems like an interesting place. Next time I’m in Dubai I will for for sure look into visiting other places too.
This place seems like the perfect getaway from Dubai, I’m definitely putting this on my list the next time I’m in Dubai. Gives one a different view and landscape than just the malls or the parks/beaches..
I have been to Sharjah and from what I saw of the UAE, the roads are fantastic. The landscape is surreal in most places, as your photographs also show. Now, you have given me a new goal, should I ever go on another trip to the region. It looks so out of the world–no noise, no pollution and no rif-raff.
Ok, you have sold me the UAE! Yes, everyone goes for the two cities, the luxury resorts, theme parks, parties etc, but I want natural landscape and nature! Jebel Jais has it for me. The landscape and the views are amazing! I would love to do some hiking around here! It is just so beautiful! I never heard of this area but I have bookmarked this page. Hoping to be in the UAE this coming winter (if Covid allows us) and if so, I am spending a few days here. Thank you for this!
Wow, I never knew there were amazing places like Jebel Jais in the UAE! We would definitely experience it by making a camping trip out of it! The pictures make us wanna go so bad!
You would really love some offbeat locations in UAE