Savannah, one of the most dreamy, romantic cities in the US, has some beautiful places to visit with your loved ones. Read this article for the most romantic things to do in Savannah Ga.
Many USA magazines have listed Savannah as one of the top 10 places to visit in the USA or one of the “top 10 Most Beautiful Places in America “. Savannah is full of Spanish moss and Southern charm, graceful architecture, rich history, and the perfect romantic place to visit. After reading this article, plan your romantic trip to Savannah, GA, with some dreamy sweet locations.
Romantic Things To Do In Savannah Ga (Romantic Savannah)
Take A Stroll across quaint River Street.
It is one of the most famous romantic things to do in Savannah Ga. Enjoy the beautiful views of the Savannah river with historic buildings on the cobblestone street. Check out some funky boutique shopping, quirky buildings, and rustic cafes, and enjoy ships passing by with your loved one.
Ride Vintage style Horse carriages across 22 Squares
Experience Savannah never likes before on this private, horse-drawn carriage tour. Riding on the vintage-style horse carriage is the most romantic thing in Savannah as you pass through a lovely historic district with greenery and colorful fairytale homes and houses. Savannah is the most extensive National Historic Landmark District in the US and has 22 city squares filled with historic homes, museums, churches, mansions, monuments, and the famous forts of the Revolutionary and Civil War eras. And so, to enjoy the southern charm in ancient style, take a vintage-styled horse carriage ride and get lost in this charming city.
The most worth visiting and romantic squares in Savannah are –
- Chippewa Square – famous Forrest Gump movie location.
- Ellis Square – beautiful spot with splash fountains
- Monterey Square – For a beautiful view of Forsyth Fountain
- Franklin Square – famous for boutique shopping
- Columbia Square – famous for local boutiques, brand name stores, dining, drinking, and sweet treat establishments
- Madison Square – It is renowned for the most beautiful landscape and architectural surroundings on this spot.
- Telfair Square – is famous for being the oldest art museum
Get lost in the Colorful and prettiest Jones Street
It is one of the “prettiest streets in America,” and hence a must-do thing in Savannah, Georgia. The key feature of this street is the towering evergreen giant Oak trees, Greek revival homes, 19th-century old world charm, and, therefore, the most Instagrammable or picturesque spot for a couple of photoshoots in Savannah.
- Entrance – Free.
- Tip – Do not disturb by loud noises or wild activities, as this area is residential.
Visit Romantic Forsyth Park
Forsyth Park is the most photogenic spot in Savannah, spread across 30 acres. This lovely public garden has vintage fountains, walking paths, and unique plantations are one of the most romantic things to do in Savannah.
Savannah’s Forsyth Park is one of America’s oldest, dating to the 1840s, and has a beautiful Southern charm. It is famous for engagements, proposals, elopements, and all fun. Many couples will propose in front of iconic vintage fountains or take post-wedding photoshoots. Forsyth Park Fountain is the most famous lover’s spot in the whole of Savannah, Ga.
Entrance – Free
Take A tour of romantic Wormsloe Plantations
Wormsloe Historical site is stunning plantations some drive away from the historic downtown with a corridor of live oaks and winding nature trails. These unique plantations, with live oak alleys on both sides of the path forming a natural arch, are perfect places to spend romantic moments with your lover.
- Entrance – Historic Site Admission. Adults (18–61): $10.00; Seniors (62+): $9.00; Youth (6–17): $4.50; Children (under 6): $2.00
- Type of Attraction – Nature & Historical
- Tip – It is not located in historic Savannah downtown. You need to drive to reach this location or book guided tours.
Enjoy the sunny beaches of Tybee island – Romantic Savannah
For a beach honeymoon or romantic beach getaway, the sunny beaches of Tybee Island are a perfectly romantic spot in Savannah, Ga. This barrier island of Georgia has been famous for its shores since the 1800s. Wide beaches spread across 3 miles with white sands and gentle waves are a beautiful spot near Savannah for sea lovers. Tybee Island attracts visitors throughout the year because it is lovely with mild winter sun.
Tybee Island lighthouse is one of the most beautiful Savannah Instagram spots.
Book spooky Haunted and Ghost Tours
Savannah is one of the most haunted cities in the US, so going for spooky haunted and ghost tours here must be amusing and romantic.
Book a Ghost and Gravestone trolley tour when the sun sets and explore Savannah’s darker side. Check some spooky locations in Savannah with your loved one and visit haunted sites of the beautiful city, where the shadows will play tricks with your mind.
Take a sunset Savannah Riverboat cruise tour.
As you all know, Savannah has rich historical significance in the US history and the riverfront. So explore the riverfront skyline with quaint historic buildings by booking the beautiful sunset riverboat cruise.
A river cruise tour is one of the most romantic things to do in Savannah, with stunning views of the historic waterfront and the sun setting down.
Take the Exotic Food Tour in Romantic Savannah Ga
Going for a Walking Food tour is always the best thing to do in a new city to learn about the history, culture, and food scene. Food tells us great things about the place and how it evolves due to its surroundings and visitors. Savannah restaurants are famous for their colorful ambiance and lovely food.
Savannah is a historic place, so it is known for its lovely food scene. You can book some fantastic food tours comprising exotic locations with the narration of Savannah’s turbulent history and unique culture.
Dine and Drinks at the famous Olde Pink House
The Olde Pink House is one of Savannah’s finest dining establishments, offering new Southern cuisine in a romantic and casual setting. Due to its pastel pink color, unique architecture, and lovely ambiance, it is the perfect place for a romantic eat-out in Savannah. This is one of the most romantic things to do in Savannah Ga.
Eat-out options in Romantic Savannah Ga
- Leopold’s Ice cream – Top 10 Ice cream parlors in the world
- Circa 1875
- 45 Bistro
- Savannah’s Candy Kitchen – River Street
- Jazz’d Tapas Bar
- Alligator Soul Restaurant
- Vic’s On the River
- Elizabeth’s on 37th
- The Fitzroy
Tips for Romantic things to do in Savannah Ga (Romantic Getaways Savannah Ga)
- The nearest airport to Savannah is Savannah (SAV) Airport which is 7.4 miles away. Other nearby airports include Hilton Head (HHH) (25.6 miles), Charleston (CHS) (83.6 miles) and Jacksonville (JAX) (116 miles).
- Book your stay in the historic downtown to explore all the charm on foot.
- Savannah’s historic downtown is walkable, has maximum tourists, and is worth visiting beautiful spots. You can explore Savannah’s historic downtown with a free complimentary hop-on hop-off shuttle bus and river cruise.
- For nearby neighborhoods, Tybee Island and Wormsloe plantations, you can reach there by driving your vehicle or booking guided tours.
- The peak tourist season is throughout the year due to the warm and sunny climate. In peak summer, Savannah gets hot and muggy during the afternoon.
- On weekends, the hotels are costly throughout the year as Savannah is very popular among young couples, with elopements, engagements, marriage proposals, girls’ getaways, and many romantic events.
- Three days are enough to see Savannah with neighborhood tours.
- Many people split their stay between Savannah by staying at historic downtown and Tybee island to enjoy history, culture, food, and beaches.
- If planning a similar experience in the South USA, explore Charleston, South Carolina, and St Augustine, Florida.
- Many histories and art lovers plan Charleston, SC, Savannah, Ga, and St Augustine, Fl, in one trip to get the quaint, rustic, and romantic vibes of Southern USA.
I hope you loved reading about the most Romantic Things To Do In Savannah Ga, and will surely visit romantic Savannah.
If you wish to collaborate/work with me, contact me at [email protected].
Follow my blog on social media channels at
All content and photos belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com and use of content/photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The blog’s content is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products, so this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
We are the independent owner of this site and the views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations, or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase