How to plan a road trip to Florida? Read this article to plan your Florida Itinerary 10 days (12 days) with a road trip map, things to do, where to stop, and other valuable tips.
So plan your beautiful trip to the sunny state of USA – Florida with this Florida itinerary planner.
- There are many scenic road trips in Florida that are worth doing, and some of them are world-famous scenic drives or road trips. Include them in your Florida itinerary 10 days trip with a Key West tour.
- Also Read – Best Quotes About Florida Instagram Captions
Florida – the sunshine state has wonderful nature, pristine beaches, green forests, tropical landscapes, colorful historic towns, hospitable people, exciting amusement parks, and an excellent tourist destination for all people.
Florida Itinerary 10 days – Florida Road Trip
Florida Itinerary Road Route – Orlando – Cocoa Beach – Kennedy Space Center – St. Augustine – Miami – Key West – Miami – Naples(or fly back from Miami)
Day 1-2: Orlando – Florida Itinerary 10 Days
- Reach Orlando and check into your hotel. Orlando is a world-famous tourist destination for theme parks; therefore, buy your tickets before you reach here, as these theme parks are fully booked many days ahead. After checking into the hotel, go to Disney Springs for shopping, eat out and enjoy the Disney vibes in Orlando.
- Second day – Visit one of the theme parks like Walt Disney Parks, Universal Orlando Resort, Legoland, and Sea World Orlando. You can also buy combo deals with skip-a-line offers and do many parks-in-one combo tickets. If you have a third day in Orlando, explore nearby attractions, Kennedy Space Center.
- Third-Day – You can take a day trip to the Kennedy Space Center or spend the night in Cocoa Beach, a delightful seaside town.
Guided Tours in Orlando, Florida
Best Areas to Stay in Orlando – Click here to book hotels in Orlando.
Southwest Orlando, Downtown Orlando, South Eola, International Drive, and Lake Buena Vista(Disney Springs)
Things To Do In Orlando
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Discovery Cove
- Magic Kingdom Park
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Universal Studios Florida
- Fun Spot America
- Disney Springs
- Walt Disney World Resort
- Disney’s Hollywood studios
- Orlando Premium Outlets
Day 3-4: St Augustine – Florida Itinerary 10 Days
- Drive to St. Augustine, which is about a two-hour drive from Orlando. The distance to St Augustine from Orlando is 110 Miles.
- Check into a hotel in the historic downtown of St Augustine.
- After Check-in – Visit the Castillo de San Marcos, a historic fort that dates back to the 17th century. You can tour the fort and learn about the history of St. Augustine and the fort’s role in protecting the city.
- Take a walking St Augustine historic downtown tour on famous streets – Seville Street and George Street, which take you into the colonial era with Spanish architecture and cute taverns.
- Next Day – Explore the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum, which has exhibits on local maritime history and an observation deck with great city views. Also, visit St. Augustine beach for a lovely Floridian beach experience. After lunch, visit Fort Matanzas National Monument and its nearby beach till sunset. The sunset from this point is fantastic, and after that, return to St. Augustine and take the Ghost tour and feel the haunted vibes for spooky fun.
- There are many exciting things to do in St Augustine for all ages.
Guided Tours in St. Augustine, Florida
Best Areas to Stay in St. Augustine, Florida
Click here to book best hotels in St. Augustine Historic Downtown, and St Augustine Beach for beach resorts.
Day 5-6: Miami – Florida Itinerary 10 Days
- Start early and Drive to Miami, about a 4 to 5 hours drive from St. Augustine— the distance between Miami from St. Augustine is 295 Miles.
- After checking into the hotel, go for an Ocean drive and experience Miami’s vibrant, eclectic nightlife.
- Next Day – Visit South Beach, one of Miami’s most famous attractions, and enjoy the art deco architecture, white sand beaches, and clear blue waters.
- After Lunch – Explore Little Havana, a neighborhood with a strong Cuban influence, and enjoy authentic Cuban food. You can take a guided tour of the area and learn about its history and culture.
- Day 6 – Visit Everglades National Park as a day trip. It is just 40 Miles (1 hour) away from Miami and worth visiting.
Best Areas to Stay in Miami, Florida – Check the best hotel stays in Miami (Click here).
South Beach with Art deco buildings along Ocean Drive, Brickell, North Beach, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, and homestead.
Guided Tours in Miami, Florida
- Everglades National Park Airboat and Wildlife show.
- Miami City cruise to Millionaire’s row homes with Venetian Islands tour.
- Miami Sunset Cruise tour.
Things To Do In Miami
- South Beach
- Vizcaya Museum & Gardens
- Wynwood Walls
- Miami Zoo
- North Beach
- Bayside Marketplace
- Dolphin Mall
- Little Havana
- Miami Trolley
- Calle Ocho
- Coconut Grove
Day 7-8-9: Key West – Florida Itinerary 10 Days
- Take one of the world’s most scenic drives from Miami to Key West. Key West is 165 Miles from Miami with stunning stopovers. Therefore you will reach Key West late afternoon and check into the hotel.
- Explore the historic Key West region Old Town, The Meadows, Bahama Village, and the Casa Marina District.
- Day 7 -Visit to city’s historic sites, such as the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum and the Harry S. Truman Little White House.
- After Lunch – Take a sunset sail on a catamaran or do a snorkeling tour. You can see colorful marine life and coral reefs and enjoy the island’s scenic views.
- On the second day, rent bikes and explore the island’s natural beauty, including the Key West Butterfly, Nature Conservatory, and Key West Tropical Forest and Botanical Garden. You can see hundreds of butterfly species and exotic plants and trees.
Best Areas To Stay In Key West, Florida – Click to Check best hotels in Key West
Duval Street, Downtown/Historic Seaport, Heart of Old Town, Casa Marina, Bahama Village, New Town, Truman Annex, and Sunset Key.
Guided Tours in Key West, Florida
Things To Do In Key West
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
- The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
- Dry Tortugas National Park
- Harry S. Truman Little White House
- Mallory Square
- Duval Street
- Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park
- Southernmost Point
- Key West Lighthouse and Keeper’s Quarters Museum
Day 9-10: Key West To Miami – Florida Road Trip Itinerary
- Take the scenic route to Miami and either take a flight back home or go to other beaches of Florida nearby.
Extension of Florida Itinerary 10 Days – Florida Itinerary 12 days
Day 11 – 12 Miami to Naples – Florida Itinerary 12 days
- From Miami, drive to Naples, which is 125 Miles (2-hour drive) from Miami. Naples is a lovely place on the west coast of Florida with stunning beaches.
- After checking into the hotel, explore Fifth Avenue, the town’s most famous street, and finish your day at the Naples Pier in time for sunset. Or explore historic Naples by heading down to Third Street South, a 1930s region of Naples. Third Street South is a palm-tree-lined road with eclectic boutique shopping, funky cafes, and restaurants.
- Next Day – Take a cruise on warm Gulf waters Cruise, which takes you around the mansions of Port Royal and pristine Keewaydin Island, and spot dolphins, seabirds, alligators, and Florida manatees.
Best Areas To Stay In Naples, Florida
Old Naples and Downtown Naples, particularly around 5th Avenue South. Beach resorts at Pelican Bay, Vanderbilt Beach in North Naples, and Marco Island.
Now, you know how to plan a road trip to Florida and plan your Florida Itinerary 10 days (12 Days) with things to do, where to stay, and other valuable tips.
More On USA Road Trips – Itinerary
- 7 Best California Scenic Drives – Beautiful Road Trips In California
- 12 Scenic Drives In Great Smoky Mountains (With Stopovers)
- Perfect LA to San Francisco Road Trip Itinerary 8 – 10 Days
- EAST COAST (US) ROAD TRIP ITINERARY
- Stunning California Road Trip Itinerary 21 – 25 days
Follow my blog at
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest
All content belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com and use of content/photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The blog’s content is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products, so this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
There can be slight differences in distances, locations, or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase