Where to stay in Savannah Historic district? Suppose you are wondering where to stay in Savannah, GA, and need clarification. In that case, this article will help you select the best hotel in Savannah Ga or hotels in Historic Savannah Ga. Savannah, one of the most dreamy, romantic cities in the US, has some beautiful places to visit with your loved ones. Therefore it is worth booking your hotel in the historic Savannah neighborhood. Let’s learn about the Best hotels in Savannah historic district with their key features.
4 Best Hotels In Historic Savannah Ga (Hotels in Historic District of Savannah Ga)
About: The Marshall House is a historic boutique hotel located in the heart of Savannah’s Historic District, built-in 1851. As per rumors, it is the most famous haunted hotel in the USA.
This iconic historic building on Broughton Street is worth staying for for warm hospitality and to experience a truly historic Savannah.
In 1864-65, Union troops led by General William Tecumseh Sherman stayed at the Marshall House. The building served as a Union hospital for wounded soldiers until the end of the Civil War. At present, hotel guests can visit the third floor and view a collection of original prints, newspapers, letters, and documents reflecting Savannah’s experience during the Civil War.
The 4th floor of this hotel is wonderfully haunted with friendly ghosts, as per reports and guests. People book here to feel the history, boutique stay, and sometimes the haunting fun late at night. The Marshall Hotel is one of the best hotels in historic Savannah Ga.
- Distance from Downtown Historic City Center – 0.6 miles
- Number of Rooms – 68
- Restaurants on site – 45 Bistro Restaurant and Free full breakfast available daily 7:00 AM–10:00 AM
- Pets Policy – Pets are not allowed.
- Parking – Valet parking on site (USD 38 per day; includes in/out privileges)
- Facilities – Rooms also feature a decorative fireplace and a private bath with a pedestal sink. It offers a Complimentary breakfast and has a Meeting room, Ballroom, Banquet hall, and terrace.
Staybridge Suites Historic Downtown
About: Experience genuine southern hospitality on the scenic Savannah River and the verdant, storied squares of downtown; the Staybridge Suites Hotel Savannah Historic District is a traveler’s favorite choice to stay in historic Savannah, Ga. The historic location of this hotel makes it a perfect place to stay, covering all tourist attractions on foot. A picturesque location, spacious suites, and a wealth of amenities make it ideal for extended stays and short visits.
- Distance from Downtown Historic City Center – 0.3 Miles from Historic District – North and 1.1 Miles from Historic District – South.
- Number of Rooms – 104
- Restaurants on site – A bar/lounge, A restaurant, and Coffee and tea in common areas
- Pets Policy – Pets are allowed at additional charges.
- Parking – Private Parking is available on site (additional charge), US$25.00 per day.
- Complimentary hot breakfast is available every morning and evening.
- Tennis court
- 1050-sq-ft Meeting room
- Grocery/Convenience store
- In-room kitchen
River Street Inn
About: Overlooking the Savannah River and situated in the city’s famous historic district, this quaint hotel stay is beautiful in Savannah downtown. The view of the river from the rooms is stunning, as also the vibrant vibes of the rustic cobble-stoned street of River Street. The red brick wall with a vintage fountain in the front is picture perfect location for this hotel. It is one of the best quaint hotels in historic Savannah Ga.
- Distance from Downtown Historic City Center – 0.7 Miles from Historic District – North and 1 Mile from Historic District – South.
- Number of Rooms – 99
- Restaurants on site – Afternoon wine and hors d’oeuvres reception nightly from 5-7 PM, Bernie’s River Street Restaurant and Bar with live music on certain nights, a cup of Coffee at Cafe M, and Tubby’s.
- Pets Policy – Pets are not allowed.
- Parking – Private parking is available at a location nearby (additional charge), US$39.00 per day.
Facilities – Billiards room, Multi-function room, Library, Billiards room, Banquet hall, 2 Meeting rooms, Designer stores, and ATM/banking services
Andaz Savannah – A Concept By Hyatt
About: Experience an eclectic boutique hotel in the heart of Savannah, Georgia. With its artful décor, relaxed urban vibe, and new South sophistication, Andaz Savannah delivers a vibrant, modern feel to the Historic District. Relax, work, dine and connect in our stylish urban oasis on Ellis Square, just steps from the river, trendy shopping and dining, and the city’s cultural diversions.
- Distance from Downtown Historic City Center – 0.9 Miles from Historic District – South and 0.7 Miles from Historic District – North.
- Number of Rooms – 151
- Restaurants on site – Daily buffet breakfast available,
- AVIA Kitchen & Wine Bar, A bar/lounge, and A coffee shop/cafe
- Pets Policy – Pets are permitted. Charges may apply
- Parking – Self-parking on site (USD 18 per night)
- Facilities – Outdoor Swimming Pool Free, Meeting room, Business center, Shopping mall, Ballroom, 5,600 square feet of conference space, Free pool cabanas, Garden, and Rooftop terrace.
Best Tours In Historic Savannah
Eat-out options in historic Savannah Ga
- Leopold’s Ice cream – Top 10 Ice cream parlors in the world
- Circa 1875
- 45 Bistro
- Savannah’s Candy Kitchen – River Street
- Jazz’d Tapas Bar
- Alligator Soul Restaurant
- Vic’s On the River
- Elizabeth’s on 37th
- The Fitzroy
General Information – Hotels In Historic Savannah Ga
- The nearest airport to Savannah is Savannah (SAV) Airport which is 7.4 miles away. Other nearby airports include Hilton Head (HHH) (25.6 miles), Charleston (CHS) (83.6 miles) and Jacksonville (JAX) (116 miles).
- Book your stay in the historic downtown to explore all the charm on foot.
- Savannah’s historic downtown is walkable, has maximum tourists, and is worth visiting beautiful spots. You can explore Savannah’s historic downtown with a free complimentary hop-on hop-off shuttle bus and river cruise.
- For nearby neighborhoods, Tybee Island and Wormsloe plantations, you can reach there by driving your vehicle or booking guided tours.
- The peak tourist season is throughout the year due to the warm and sunny climate. In peak summer, Savannah gets hot and muggy during the afternoon.
- On weekends, the hotels are costly throughout the year as Savannah is very popular among young couples, with elopements, engagements, marriage proposals, girls’ getaways, and many romantic events.
- Three days are enough to see Savannah with neighborhood tours.
- Many people split their stay between Savannah by staying at historic downtown and Tybee island to enjoy history, culture, food, and beaches.
- If planning a similar experience in the South USA, explore Charleston, South Carolina, and St Augustine, Florida.
- Many histories and art lovers plan Charleston, SC, Savannah, Ga, and St Augustine, Fl, in one trip to get the quaint, rustic, and romantic vibes of Southern USA.
You know some of the best historic stays in Savannah, Ga, historic downtown with key features.
Savannah Historic Downtown – Where To Stay In Savannah Ga
More Reads on Savannah Ga
- Charleston vs Savannah – Which Best City To Visit In 2023
- 10 Most Romantic Things To Do In Savannah Ga
- 27 Unusual Facts About Savannah Ga
- Most Beautiful Places In Savannah Ga (Best Of Savannah)
Follow more on social media channels at
All content and photos belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com, and use of content/photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The blog’s content is solely my views of a place or a thing. This does not offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products, so this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
We are the independent owner of this site, and the views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations, or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase.