Read a list of romantic weekend getaways from Atlanta, the distance, estimated time to reach, things to do, and potential scenic stopovers. Some are perfect romantic day trips from Atlanta, and some are long weekend trips from Atlanta for couples.
Romantic weekend getaways from Atlanta – Romantic day trips from Atlanta
Discover charming and diverse destinations near Atlanta, offering idyllic settings and intimate experiences for unforgettable romantic weekend getaways.
- Distance from Atlanta: Approximately 250 miles.
- Travel Time: Around 4 hours by car.
Scenic Stopover: Consider stopping at Macon, Georgia, to visit the Ocmulgee National Monument and stroll through the historic downtown area.
Where To Stay – One of the most romantic hotels in Savannah is “The Gastonian.” It is known for its historic charm, beautiful gardens, and personalized service. It’s often considered an ideal choice to stay in Savannah for a romantic getaway from Atlanta.
Savannah is a romantic getaway from Atlanta due to its enchanting historic district filled with cobblestone streets, charming parks, and moss-draped oaks, creating an idyllic setting for strolls and intimate moments.
Savannah’s rich history, vibrant culture, and delectable cuisine, coupled with its elegant architecture and serene riverfront views, make it a perfect destination for couples seeking a romantic retreat away from the bustling city. Savannah is one of the most popular Romantic getaways from Atlanta for couples.
What to Do:
- Explore the historic district.
- Take a romantic stroll in Forsyth Park.
- Visit the Bonaventure Cemetery.
- Enjoy a riverboat cruise.
- Indulge in delicious southern cuisine.
Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Distance from Atlanta: Roughly 90 miles.
- Travel Time: Around 1.5 to 2 hours by car.
Scenic Stopover: While driving, consider stopping by Amicalola Falls State Park for breathtaking views and a hike to see the stunning waterfall.
Where To Stay – One romantic hotel in Blue Ridge, Georgia, is “Aska Base Camp.” This charming, intimate B&B offers a serene mountain setting, luxurious accommodations, and personalized service, making it an ideal choice for couples seeking a romantic escape in the Blue Ridge area.
Blue Ridge, Georgia, offers a romantic escape from Atlanta with its serene mountain landscapes, cozy cabins, and the enchanting Blue Ridge Scenic Railway, creating an intimate setting for couples seeking tranquility and breathtaking natural beauty.
The town’s charming downtown, surrounded by the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains, provides a perfect backdrop for leisurely walks, outdoor adventures, and cozy evenings. It is an ideal retreat for couples looking to unwind and reconnect.
What to Do:
- Enjoy the picturesque mountain town.
- Visit the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway.
- Explore the charming downtown.
- Go hiking in the Chattahoochee National Forest.
- Take a scenic drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Distance from Atlanta: Approximately 120 miles.
- Travel Time: Around 2 hours by car.
Scenic Stopover: Consider a stop at Cloudland Canyon State Park to hike and witness stunning views from the canyon rim.
Where To Stay – One romantic hotel in Chattanooga, Tennessee, is “The Read House.” This historic hotel offers a blend of timeless elegance, modern amenities, and a central location in downtown Chattanooga, providing a luxurious and romantic escape for couples.
Chattanooga offers a romantic escape from Atlanta with its stunning natural beauty, including Lookout Mountain and the Tennessee River, perfect for scenic walks and breathtaking views, along with attractions like Rock City and Ruby Falls, ideal for intimate exploration and shared adventures, creating a picturesque backdrop for couples seeking a charming getaway.
Its riverside strolls, cultural experiences, and a blend of historic and contemporary attractions provide an ideal setting for couples to connect and enjoy each other’s company.
What to Do:
- Visit Lookout Mountain and its attractions like Rock City and Ruby Falls.
- Take a leisurely walk along the Tennessee Riverfront.
- Explore the Tennessee Aquarium.
- Enjoy the local eateries.
- Distance from Atlanta: Around 90 miles.
- Travel Time: Approximately 1.5 to 2 hours by car.
Scenic Stopover: Consider stopping at Dukes Creek Falls for a short hike and beautiful waterfall views.
Where To Stay – In Helen, Georgia, a romantic hotel to consider is “Lucille’s Mountain Top Inn & Spa.” This charming inn offers luxurious accommodations with stunning mountain views, relaxing spa amenities, and a serene atmosphere, providing a perfect setting for a romantic getaway in the Helen area.
Helen in Georgia is a romantic getaway from Atlanta due to its picturesque Bavarian-style village, nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It offers a cozy, intimate atmosphere, perfect for couples seeking a European-inspired retreat without leaving the state.
Helen’s scenic beauty, along with opportunities for river activities, wine tasting, and exploration of nearby waterfalls, creates a romantic escape for couples seeking a charming and romantic experience away from the city. Helen is one of the most perfect romantic day trips from Atlanta.
What to Do:
- Experience the charming Bavarian-style village.
- Go tubing or kayaking on the Chattahoochee River.
- Visit the local wineries.
- Explore Anna Ruby Falls.
- Enjoy the alpine atmosphere.
Asheville, North Carolina
- Distance from Atlanta: Approximately 210 miles.
- Travel Time: Around 3.5 to 4 hours by car.
Scenic Stopover: Consider a stop at Lake Lure, a picturesque lake town, for a peaceful break and panoramic views.
Where To Stay – “The Omni Grove Park Inn.” This historic and luxurious hotel offers stunning mountain views, a world-class spa, elegant accommodations, and a serene ambiance, providing an ideal setting for a romantic escape in Asheville.
Asheville, North Carolina, serves as a romantic getaway from Atlanta due to its breathtaking mountain landscapes, vibrant arts scene, and the grandeur of the Biltmore Estate, creating an enchanting backdrop for couples seeking beauty and cultural exploration.
Asheville’s diverse culinary offerings, scenic views from the Blue Ridge Mountains, and the charm of its downtown area provide a perfect setting for romantic moments and shared adventures.
What to Do:
- Visit the Biltmore Estate.
- Explore the vibrant arts scene in the River Arts District.
- Hike in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Enjoy the diverse culinary experiences.
- Distance from Atlanta: Roughly 70 miles.
- Travel Time: Approximately 1 to 1.5 hours by car.
Scenic Stopover: Consider visiting Watson Mill Bridge State Park for a relaxing break and picturesque covered bridge views.
Where To Stay – In Athens, Georgia, a charming and romantic hotel stay is “The Graduate Athens.” This hotel offers a blend of Southern elegance with a cozy and romantic atmosphere for couples to enjoy their stay in Athens.
Athens in Georgia is a romantic getaway from Atlanta due to its vibrant music and arts scene, charming historic districts, and delightful culinary experiences. It offers a relaxed and cultural atmosphere perfect for couples seeking a romantic escape close to Atlanta.
Athen’s blend of historic architecture, beautiful gardens, and a lively downtown creates an inviting setting for intimate walks and shared cultural explorations, making it an ideal destination for a romantic retreat.
What to Do:
- Explore the historic and lively downtown.
- Visit the State Botanical Garden of Georgia.
- Tour the UGA campus.
- Enjoy the local music and arts scene.
- Distance from Atlanta: Around 160 miles.
- Travel Time: Approximately 2.5 to 3 hours by car.
Scenic Stopover: Consider a stop at Tuskegee to visit the Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site and Tuskegee University campus.
Where To Stay – In Montgomery, Alabama, a romantic hotel to consider is “The Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center.”
Montgomery, Alabama, provides a romantic escape from Atlanta with its rich history, including civil rights landmarks and historic sites. It allows couples to explore significant cultural heritage and connect through shared learning experiences.
Montgomery’s serene Riverfront Park, vibrant art scene, and delightful southern cuisine create an intimate and cultural backdrop, making it an ideal destination for a romantic getaway.
What to Do:
- Visit historic sites such as the Civil Rights Memorial and Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church.
- Explore the Riverfront Park.
- Indulge in the local cuisine.
Greenville, South Carolina
- Distance from Atlanta: Approximately 145 miles.
- Travel Time: Around 2 to 2.5 hours by car.
Scenic Stopover: Consider a stop at Caesars Head State Park for stunning vistas of the Blue Ridge Escarpment.
Where To Stay – In Greenville, South Carolina, a romantic hotel to consider is “The Westin Poinsett, Greenville.” This historic hotel offers a combination of elegance, modern amenities, and a prime downtown location, creating a sophisticated and romantic atmosphere for couples visiting Greenville.
Greenville, South Carolina, makes for a romantic weekend getaway from Atlanta due to its charming downtown. It features scenic falls, beautiful parks, and a vibrant cultural scene, providing a serene and intimate setting for couples seeking relaxation and shared experiences away from the city.
What to Do:
- Visit Falls Park on the Reedy.
- Explore the vibrant downtown.
- Stroll along the Swamp Rabbit Trail.
- Enjoy local breweries.
- Discover the city’s art scene.
Cumberland Island, Georgia
- Distance from Atlanta: Roughly 290 miles (including ferry ride).
- Travel Time: Approximately 5 to 6 hours by car and ferry.
Scenic Stopover: Consider stopping in St. Marys, Georgia, where you’ll catch the ferry to Cumberland Island and explore the quaint waterfront.
Where To Stay – On Cumberland Island, you can stay at the Greyfield Inn, a historic and romantic inn known for its charming accommodations, beautiful surroundings, and peaceful seclusion. It is an excellent choice for couples seeking a romantic getaway on the island.
Cumberland Island, Georgia, offers a romantic weekend escape from Atlanta with its unspoiled natural beauty, pristine beaches, and secluded tranquility. It provides an idyllic setting for couples seeking a peaceful and intimate retreat away from the urban hustle. Cumberland Island is one of the secluded & exotic weekend getaways from Atlanta for couples.
What to Do:
- Explore the untouched natural beauty.
- Go hiking and birdwatching.
- Visit the Dungeness ruins.
- Enjoy the secluded beaches.
Charleston, South Carolina
- Distance from Atlanta: Around 300 miles.
- Travel Time: Approximately 4.5 to 5 hours by car.
Scenic Stopover: Consider stopping at Beaufort, South Carolina, known for its antebellum architecture and picturesque waterfront.
Where To Stay – Charleston, South Carolina, offers several romantic hotels, but one often regarded as exceptionally romantic is The Spectator Hotel. It is a top choice for couples seeking a romantic stay in Charleston.
Charleston, SC, is one of the most romantic weekend getaways from Atlanta for couples due to its historic charm, cobblestone streets, and enchanting waterfront. It creates an intimate setting perfect for couples seeking cultural exploration and a serene ambiance away from the city.
What to Do:
- Explore historic downtown Charleston.
- Take a romantic carriage ride.
- Visit the historic plantations.
- Enjoy the beautiful beaches.
- Savor the renowned southern cuisine.
Each destination offers unique experiences and the opportunity for a memorable and romantic getaway from Atlanta. Depending on your preferences and available time, you can choose the one that best suits your interests.
Whether you seek the historic allure of Savannah, the tranquil mountain retreat in Blue Ridge, or the coastal charm of Charleston, these nearby romantic getaways and romantic day trips from Atlanta promise to kindle the flames of love, offering unforgettable moments and cherished memories for couples seeking a perfect escape.
I hope you will soon plan romantic trip after read these fabulous Romantic weekend getaways from Atlanta or weekend trips from Atlanta for couples.
More On USA Road Trips – Itinerary
- 7 Best California Scenic Drives – Beautiful Road Trips In California
- 12 Scenic Drives In Great Smoky Mountains (With Stopovers)
- Perfect LA to San Francisco Road Trip Itinerary 8 – 10 Days
- EAST COAST (US) ROAD TRIP ITINERARY
- Stunning California Road Trip Itinerary 21 – 25 days
Image Source – CanvaPro
Follow my blog at
All content belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com and use of content/photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The blog’s content is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products, so this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
There can be slight differences in distances, locations, or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase