What to do in St Augustine In one day?
Welcome to the enchanting city of St. Augustine! Nestled on Florida’s northeastern coast, this historic gem is the oldest continuously inhabited European settlement in the United States. With its rich history, captivating architecture, and vibrant cultural scene, St. Augustine offers an unforgettable experience for visitors.
What to do in St Augustine In One Day – St Augustine Day Trip
Read the detailed itinerary for a perfect one-day visit to St. Augustine, ensuring you make the most of your time and create lasting memories.
Morning – St Augustine In One Day
- Breakfast: Start your day with a delicious breakfast at one of the local cafes or restaurants in the historic district. The Maple Street Biscuit Company is famous for its savory biscuits and southern-inspired breakfast dishes.
- St. George Street: Stroll down St. George Street, a pedestrian-only thoroughfare in the heart of the historic district. Explore the unique shops, art galleries, and boutiques that line the street. Take advantage of the opportunity to visit the Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse, a historic landmark that provides a glimpse into St. Augustine’s past.
- Castillo de San Marcos National Monument: Visit the Castillo de San Marcos, the oldest masonry fort in the United States. Explore the fort’s rooms, walk along the gun deck, and learn about its history through interactive exhibits. The views from the top of the fort overlooking Matanzas Bay are breathtaking.
- Lightner Museum: Head to the Lightner Museum, housed in the former Alcazar Hotel, a stunning Spanish Renaissance Revival-style building. The museum displays an extensive collection of art, antiques, and decorative pieces from the Gilded Age. Take advantage of the beautiful stained glass dome in the main lobby.
Afternoon: 1 Day In St Augustine
- Lunch: Enjoy a leisurely lunch at one of the local restaurants near the historic district. The Columbia Restaurant, established in 1905, offers delicious Spanish and Cuban cuisine and is a great place to savor the region’s flavors.
- Flagler College: Take a guided tour of Flagler College, a historic campus built by railroad magnate Henry Flagler. Admire the Spanish Renaissance architecture, walk through the beautiful courtyards, and learn about the college’s history and notable alums.
- St. Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum: Climb the steps of the St. Augustine Lighthouse for panoramic views of the city and the coastline. Explore the museum exhibits, which highlight the area’s maritime history and the role of the lighthouse in navigation. If you’re feeling adventurous, participate in the Archaeology Lab program and uncover artifacts.
- Bridge of Lions: Take a short drive to the Bridge of Lions, a historic bascule bridge that spans the Intracoastal Waterway. Enjoy a scenic walk along the bridge, capturing views of the boats passing through and the beautiful waterfront.
Evening: St Augustine Day trip
- Sunset at Bayfront: Stroll along the picturesque Bayfront as the day draws close. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Matanzas River and the city’s skyline with the setting sun. From the iconic Bridge of Lions, capture the mesmerizing sunset as it paints the sky with vibrant hues. It is the perfect day to complete your St Augustine in one day tour.
- Dinner: End your day with a delicious dinner at one of the Bayfront restaurants. Enjoy fresh Southern cuisine or international cuisine while enjoying the ocean views.
- Nighttime Ghost Tour: Join a ghost tour through the historic district as the sun sets. St. Augustine is known for its haunted history, and a ghost tour will take you to the most haunted locations while sharing spine-chilling stories. This tour is a unique and thrilling way to end your day in St. Augustine.
Valuable Resources – 1 Day In St Augustine
So let’s check some helpful tips on how to spend a fun-filled one day in St Augustine.
Must Do Tours In St. Augustine
- St Augustine Historic Trolley Tours.
- St. Augustine spooky town Ghost tours.
- St Augustine Treasure Hunt Pirates Cruise.
- St Augustine Black Raven Cruise.
- St Augustine Scenic Boat Ride.
- Dolphin, Manatee, and Sea Turtle Adventure Tour of St. Augustine.
- Airboat Adventure in Saint Augustine with a Guide.
- St. Augustine’s Wine, Cocktail, and Food Experience.
Scenic Walking streets of St Augustine
- Aviles Street
- St. George Street
- Seville Street
- King Street
- Cordova Street
- Spanish Street
- Cuna Street
- Hypolita Street
- Charlotte Street
- Cadiz Street
- Cedar Street
- Granada Street
Free Things To Do In St Augustine In One Day
St Augustine is America’s oldest city, with many historical, cultural, and natural tourist attractions. This America’s first city has many exciting free things to do for budget-friendly travelers too.
- St. George Street
- Flagler College
- Old St Augustine Village
- Bridge of Lions
- St Augustine Visitor Information Center
- St. Augustine Beach
- Grounds of Castillo de San Marcos National Monument
- Fort Matanzas National Monument
- Aviles Street
- Vilano Beach
Nightlife in St Augustine Fl
- Meehan’s St. Augustine Mardi Gras Sports Grill
- Scarlett O’Hara’s
- Taberna del Caballo.
- Stogies Cigar Bar
- Cellar Upstairs.
- A1A Ale Works
- Limelight Theatre
- Colonial Oak Music Park
- The Bar With No Name
- Tini Martini Bar
- Ice Plant
- Cobalt Lounge
- Planet Sarbez
Commuting in St Augustine Fl
- For St Augustine’s historic downtown, you can walk throughout or can do trolley tours.
- And for day trips you need to drive on your own.
- You can also book various cruises for a beautiful view of the old town with sunset.
Famous Festivals/Events – One Day In St Augustine
- St Augustine Night of Lights – November to January – 300 Millions of light are adorning the historic downtown.
- Christmas Parade
- St Augustine Celtic Music & Heritage Festival
- 4th of July Celebration
- Drake’s Raid
- Lion’s Spring Festival
- Easter Parade
- St Augustine Food & Wine Festival
- As If 90’s Fest
- Orlando – St Augustine Day trip from Orlando is the trendy thing to do in your Florida itinerary.
A one day visit to St. Augustine offers a perfect blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. From exploring historical landmarks and museums to indulging in culinary delights and witnessing stunning sunsets, the city has something to offer everyone.
More On Florida Travel Planning
- Best Things To Do In St Augustine With Kids
- Best Of St Augustine In Winter (What To Do)
- 7 Best Beaches in St Augustine FL (Beaches Near St Augustine)
- Best Florida Keys Itinerary 7 Days (8 Days + Map)
- 7 Best Scenic Drives In Florida (With Scenic Stops + Maps)
- 12 Best Road Trips From Orlando within 3 Hours (Weekend Getaways + Best Day Trips)
- Best Miami Itinerary 3 Days (Things To Do + Hotels + Vegan Food + Nightlife)
Follow more on social media channels at
All content and photos belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com, and the use of content/photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The blog’s content is solely my views of a place or a thing. This does not offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products, so this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
We are the independent owner of this site, and the views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations, or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase.