Miami is famous for its best beaches, nightlife, art-deco buildings, colorful neighborhood, and Cuban vibes, and so receive millions of tourist every year. There is something special about Miami, so read some unique, unusual, and interesting facts about Miami in this article.
Also read: 9 Best Road Trips From Miami
Facts About Miami (Best Miami Facts and Information)
- Julia Tuttle is known as the “Mother of Miami,” which means woman founded this city.
- The nickname of Miami is “Magic City.“
- Miami gets its name from one of the tribes named Mayaimi that lived here.
- Miami has the most extensive & beautiful collection of Art Deco buildings.
- In ancient times, Miami was very popular amongst pirates as they used to bury their treasures here.
- 60% of Miami’s population speaks Spanish though Miami’s official language is English.
- Miami is the warmest location in the U.S. in winter, so it is believed that sunscreen lotions or creams were invented in Miami.
- Miami has the largest cruise ship port in the world.
- The first Burger King opened in Miami.
- Miami is the second wealthiest city in the U.S. and the third richest globally in purchasing capacity.
- Miami Beach is the most famous tourist area in Miami.
- According to Times Out annual City survey, Miami is number one in the USA and number three in the world for best nightlife.
- Miami is also known as the Healthiest City in America.
- Miami is the second least affordable place to live in the U.S.
- Zoo Miami is the largest zoo in Florida and the fifth in the United States.
- Key Biscayne is one of Miami’s most luxurious and private areas. It is the safest and most family-friendly area of Miami.
- Miami was incorporated in 1896 with 444 citizens.
- Coconut Grove is the oldest continuously inhabited neighborhood of Miami.
- Miami welcomes over 14 million tourists per year.
- Miami is man-made land that was built on a mangrove swamp.
- Miami is the only city in the U.S. surrounded by two national parks – Biscayne National Park and the Everglades National Park.
- There are more than 50 shipwrecks under Miami’s water, also known as “Wreckcreational place.” It is also a diver’s paradise to spot wrecked ships underwater.
- Miami has the largest concentration of international banks in the U.S.
- 70% of the population of Miami is Hispanic.
- Miami, in the USA, has the most prominent Cuban community. You can find the best Cuban food in the USA in Little Havana, Miami. Little Havana is the colorful Cuban neighborhood of Miami.
- Miami also has a beautiful Haiti neighborhood named Little Haiti. It is famous for its quirky cafes and its beautiful cultural district. Now you can understand how Miami is a cultural melting pot of the USA, with various ethnicities living together.
- Miami is excellent for agriculture due to its tropical climate.
- Miami has fantastic street art in the U.S. It tops the list of the maximum number of street art in the USA.
- Due to the strategic location of Miami in the USA, Miami played a significant role in the battle against German submarines during WWII.
- As you all know, Florida is the best place to retire, so in Miami, 16% of the population is over 65 years of age.
- The most famous 90’s TV series, “Baywatch,” was filmed in Miami and shifted to Malibu, California.
I hope you loved reading about Miami facts and information with some of the best Miami facts. Save these facts about Miami Florida, and plan your visit to Miami, Florida.
Do you love more facts and information?
After reading facts about Miami Florida, read other cities facts too.
- 22 Unusual Facts About St Augustine Florida
- 27 Unusual Facts About Savannah Ga
- 29 Interesting Facts About Charleston Sc
More reads on USA Travel Guide (Best Miami Facts)
- Ultimate Florida Itinerary 10 days – Best Of Florida Road trip (with Map + Key West)
- EAST COAST (US) ROAD TRIP ITINERARY
- Stunning California Road Trip Itinerary 21 – 25 days
- Best Things to do in Chicago City Tour – Chicago Travel Guide
- Things to do in New York City
Follow more on social media channels at
All content and photos belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com and use of content/photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The blog’s content is solely my views of a place or a thing. This does not offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products, so this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
We are the independent owner of this site, and the views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations, or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase.