Presenting you with 11 Tips to avoid Jet-Lag on Long Flights for holidays.
11 Tips to Avoid Jet Lag on Long Flights for holidays
Jet-Lag is flight fatigue caused due to quick traveling across various time zones. It is a physiological condition causing a disorder of circadian rhythm. Circadian is the internal biological/body clock that regulates wakefulness and sleep. Disruption of the body clock synchronization results in JET LAG.
11 Tips to Avoid Jet Lag on Long Flights for Holidays | Tips to Avoid jet lag on Long Flights for Fun Holidays can be categorized into 3 parts
BEFORE TRAVELING – Avoid Jet Lag
- Adjust your eating and sleeping patterns a few days before your flight. Shift your sleeping and eating habits per the destination clock before 3 to 4 days before the travel date.
- Wear sunglasses for a few hours before taking flight as it helps to synchronize body clocks because the body clock is set by eyes detecting light.
DURING FLIGHT/TRAVELING – Avoid Jet Lag
- If your flight is reaching during the night, don’t sleep or nap before 6 hours of running time (arrivals). And do vice-versa for morning flights – like if you are reaching during day time, then sleep for 5 to 6 hours before going to the destination.
- There are many things to do on a plane that will keep you awake and away from boredom.
- If possible, do a break or split journey for 1 or 2 days.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol during the flight.
- Stay hydrated and keep yourself moisturized throughout the flight.
- Wear light, loose and comfortable clothes.
AFTER REACHING DESTINATION – Avoid Jet Lag
8. Upon reaching the destination, try to get out in the sunlight and fresh air, as sunlight regulates the biological clock, which helps your body clock adjust to new time zones and surroundings. Staying indoors after reaching your destination worsens jet lag.
- Take a bath before going to bed
- Avoid short naps during the daytime.
- Relax and don’t stress or burden yourself for 1 or 2 days. Many people take some sleep-inducing drugs, but I don’t recommend it and read why you should not take Ambien for Jet Lag.
- Have a fun-filled and relaxed flight! Check how to find the best flight deals.
- Read about The Best Luggage tags for International Travel so your luggage stands out on Carousel belts.
- Read more on Long Haul Flight Essentials and Travel Tips for Economic Fliers.
- Read here for Airplane Activities for toddlers as they need to be occupied, especially during long flights.
- Also what to carry on during long flights is a very important thing to know. Click here to read about what to pack in a Carry on Bag for long flights.
- Read about travel planning before going for holidays, by clicking here.
Also, try out for different types of stays during your holidays. Read here for tips on staying during holidays.
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The blog’s content is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products, so this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
We are the independent owner of this site, and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase