There are many essential factors in choosing a hotel accommodation for a successful trip. So read these important hotel hacks and choose best hotel.
Hey, holidays are coming, and you have finalized your dream destination and booked air tickets. Now you are again in the big dilemma of choosing the right accommodation/stay for a Successful Trip. You are thrown with a bundle of great choices regarding hotel stays which are very tempting and appealing deals.
There are many factors to be considered in booking a hotel like hotels having a room with a view, big luxurious lobbies, hospitable staff, perfect location, proximity to city-center or public transport, freebies deals, etc. but choosing wisely and filtering out will help you in choosing a Perfect Hotel for Successful Trip. Also, many people prefer to stay in hostel due to many reasons.
After traveling to various places for many different reasons and occasions, I have done a few hits and misses on Hotel selection during my Trips. And have concluded that Choosing a Hotel for a Successful Trip depends totally upon the Destination. In this post, I will also talk about Destination types that govern our choice of hotel.
Important Factors For Choosing a Hotel Accommodation for a Successful Trip
DESTINATION TYPES – Choosing a Hotel Accommodation
- Big Metro Cities like NYC, Shanghai, London, Mumbai, Sydney, Paris, Tokyo, etc.
- Nature Destinations like Islands and hilly towns eg. – Santorini, Mykonos, Maldives, Mauritius, Shimla, Kazbegi, Garmisch, etc.
- Staycation Luxurious Resorts on the outskirts of cities or places with no major tourist attractions.
- Highway Stays during Long Drives, e.g.driving in the USA, India, Australia, etc.
- Stay in a Historical Palace/Mansion, e.g., Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Udaipur, Seville, or any Historical Place converted into Hotel.
If your DESTINATION IS A VERY BIG CITY
Here the primary selection of Hotel you will consider is Location or Proximity to City Center. The closest to the City center, the more you enjoy city life. Though the location of all hotels plays a vital role if you are traveling to big cities, it should be given PRIORITY. You would save a lot of time commuting if you lived in the heart of the big city. Traveling from the heart of the town becomes very easy as you get public transport to all places nearby from a walk away from your hotel.
All big cities have very well-arranged vast public transport networks, so living nearby is a wise choice.
But if you are living in centralized locations of big cities, then you have to slightly compromise on a few points like –
- The size of the Room can be smaller.
- Hotel staff can be bustling, so you can lack personal attention
- There may not be wide front landscapes or porches in the hotel.
- The swimming Pool can be on a rooftop, not on the ground floor.
- You can access 24 hours open restaurants, cafes, Supermarkets, and Medical Shops at walking distance from the hotel.
- Nightlife can be easily accessible
- Public Transport is at a walkable distance
- Save your time in commuting
- You get the feel of busy city life and enjoy city vibes
- As there are many eating options outside of your hotel, you can even skip your breakfast option with room for a better money-saving deal.
If you have selected a place full of nature, like blue seas, rugged landscapes, rolling hills, and snowy mountains, then prefer a hotel/ Room with a view of nature. So if you are going to beaches or hilly areas, the selection of hotels with a view is perfect for a successful trip. If you are selecting a destination because of its natural beauty, choosing a hotel with the same picture is always good to enjoy nature at every moment.
You have to bear a few things like –
- The hotel is away from the city center
- Public Transport is not easily accessible, but that particular area or town is so tiny that you can reach far places without wastage time.
- No 24 hours shops/cafes nearby and therefore we have to rely on Hotel’s restaurants.
- Sometimes these Hotel Properties are small and don’t have all amenities.
- You will enjoy a million-dollar view 24 X 7 from your room.
- You will get a perfect sunrise and sunset from your bed. No need to wake up early and reach the sunrise
- Soak into nature in your comfort.
- Many such hotels provide free shuttles to the city center
Staycation Luxurious Resorts on outskirts of cities
These kinds of resorts/hotels exist where there are not many historical places or natural places to visit. These kinds of resorts are tourist attractions. As nearby cities do not have many places to look out for, these Luxurious Resorts/hotels serve as the Perfect Staycation option for fun-filled Family Weekend Trips. In this type of visit, SELECT a HOTEL with full amenities.
Looking out for a wide range of luxurious amenities is an essential factor. We cannot neglect the amenities of such stays. DOUBLE CHECK with your hotel about these amenities and their usages included with the Room Tariffs or Payable Extra.
Be careful as you spend more than 80% of your time in this resort, so double-check the amenities and other details.
Here you have to bear slightly on –
- You cannot reach the city very quickly, as it is far away from the city -center. So carry on all your essentials with you.
- Depend on Hotel’s Entertainment, Food, and Luxury Facilities.
- Can Be Expensive
- You will be pampered like King/Queen, so you can spoil yourself for a few days.
- Rooms and hotel premises are huge
- Lots of Luxury and Adventure Sports within the premises.
- An evening full of Entertainment like Live music, dance, various shows, etc.
- Children can have their own company at Day Care center on the premises.
- Spa, Yoga, Exercise, or Meditation are some exotic facilities you can try.
HIGHWAY STAYS during LONG DRIVES
Highway Stays are necessary stays when driving on Long Road Trips. In many countries or continents, traveling by road takes several hours, and you have to stay a night near the HIGHWAY. These destinations are not chosen by us but mandatory ones when we continuously drive through 8 to 9 hours.
If you are traveling by road and going long, do not book the destination hotel in advance. There are many CHECK-IN OPTIONS while driving through. Whenever you feel tired of driving and do not want to travel more, stop at your nearby motel/inn and check-in.
TAKE CARE OF –
- Free Wi-Fi Facility
- Free Parking for your car
- Onsite restaurant or eating facility nearby
- Nearby Fueling Station.
This stay is just an escape on the highway to relax and sleep at night. Don’t expect great things from these motels. They should be well-maintained, safe, and clean. You will not get luxury amenities, hospitable staff or a view from the room. It is to spend your time or take a rest and walk out the following day. I took this kind of stay during my East Coast Road trip in the USA, and many times in India.
HISTORICAL PLACE (STAY IN HISTORICAL PALACE/MANSION/MONUMENT)
Nowadays, there is a growing trend of living or spending a night in an ancient palace or monument which has great significance in history. Some of these Palaces are converted into Luxury hotels with ancient royal customs. Here the History of the Palace and its related stories rules the selection of accommodation. These Palaces can be far away from the city or can be in the town. They offer all the ancient styles of treatment to their guests.
Picture of my Stay Spanish Mansion in Seville owned my royal ministers now converted into the hotel.
You have to bear slightly on –
- You must climb stairs as they may lack modern amenities like elevators or LIFTS. Their architecture is such that they cannot construct Lifts or something like that.
- Sleep on traditional beds, not like modern mattresses or pillows.
- Bathrooms can be like olden day styled Hamas or bathtubs, without those fizzy showers with many settings.
- Food can be specific traditional styled according to the customs of that Palace.
- You are witnessing and living at a Palace where major historical events occurred centuries ago.
- You will get all ROYAL TREATMENT.
- You will learn about the ancient Royal customs and ceremonies.
- For a few days, you will be having a Lifestyle of a King / Queen
So you must know that DESTINATION plays an important role in choosing hotels. But for all types of stays, there are many choices with reviews on Booking.com and TripAdvisor. Check for the good and bad reviews, and then book for it. Therefore Choose Hotels as per your Destination choice, not by Brand name or other things.
Read my HOTEL REVIEWS ON Staying at Big Cities like NYC, Shanghai and Nature Stay like on Greek Island islands – Santorini or Mykonos. Also, read about Staycation options near Dubai and Abudhabi at Hatta, Liwa, etc.
- There are many other budget-friendly homely Stay options which are not very Hotel types. Read this to know more.
- Click here to read more on 10 Most Luxurious 5-star Hotels in Sydney
- Call Hotel personally to check all details that matter to you the most to have total clarity.
- Don’t get carried away by the Hotel’s pictures on their sites. Check Traveler’s photos of those hotels or read reviews of Travel Blogger on your specific choice.
- Check on their website for current First – Timer Discounts or special Membership Discount offers.
- Call them and ask for Free Shuttle service to Airport or Free Car Park( if you are driving) and breakfast options.
- Read about Hotel vs Airbnb – why some travelers like Hotel stay compared to Air Bnb home stays.
The main question is – WHAT MATTERS YOU MOST? Is the main reason for choosing a hotel. You will not get all the facilities or PLUS POINTS of your choice. You have to compromise slightly on but will get other PLUS POINTS TOO. So if your hotel selection is based on the choice of Destination, then you are sorting out or filtering out half of the hotels.
Click below to select your preferred stay in your favorite location.
Now you can know Important Factors in choosing a hotel Accommodation for a Successful Trip
So, till then KEEP TRAVELING……………… KEEP EXPLORING……………………………………………………
All photos are taken by me and use of photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The content of the blog is solely my views of a place or a thing. This is not to offend any class, religion, ethnicity or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products and for that, this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
We are the independent owner of this site and views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase