Are you visiting Savannah in the fall? Then read this article for unique things to do in fall in the Savannah Ga.
Savannah, Georgia, is a charming and historic city that comes alive in the fall with its mild weather and beautiful foliage. Here are some must-do tours, activities, and festive things to do in Savannah during the autumn season:
Things to do in Savannah in the fall
Weather of Savannah in the Fall Season
Savannah, Georgia, experiences mild and pleasant weather in the fall, with average daytime temperatures ranging from the 60s to 80s Fahrenheit (15-30°C). The humidity decreases compared to the summer months, creating comfortable conditions for outdoor activities and enjoying the city’s scenic beauty.
Why spend Fall in Savannah Ga
Savannah is worth visiting in the fall for its mild, comfortable weather that allows you to explore its historic streets and lush parks amidst vibrant autumn foliage while enjoying a festive atmosphere with cultural events, delicious Southern cuisine, and a touch of ghostly intrigue. The city’s unique blend of history, charm, and seasonal beauty creates a memorable and enchanting experience for fall travelers.
- Savannah Historic District Walking Tour: Start your visit with a guided walking tour of the Historic District. You’ll explore cobblestone streets and picturesque squares and learn about the city’s history.
- Ghost Tours: Savannah is known for its spooky past, so take a nighttime ghost tour to hear chilling tales and legends of the city’s haunted places. It is the best thing to do in fall in Savannah Ga.
- River Street Stroll: Explore River Street, a bustling waterfront area with shops, restaurants, and stunning views of the Savannah River. Remember to try some pralines from a local candy store.
- Forsyth Park: Spend a relaxing afternoon in Forsyth Park, where you can enjoy a picnic, play frisbee, or relax under the iconic live oak trees adorned with Spanish moss.
- Bonaventure Cemetery Tour: Take a guided tour of Bonaventure Cemetery, made famous by the book “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.” The historical and architectural significance of the cemetery is captivating.
- Savannah Food Tour: Indulge in the city’s culinary delights with a food tour.
- Savannah Riverboat Cruise: Enjoy a riverboat cruise on the Savannah River. You can choose from dinner cruises, sightseeing cruises, or jazz brunch cruises during fall in Savannah Ga.
- Savannah Film Festival: If your visit aligns with the dates (typically late October), attend the Savannah Film Festival, which features screenings, workshops, and celebrity appearances.
- Tybee Island Day Trip: Head to Tybee Island for a day of relaxation at the beach, water sports, and a visit to the Tybee Island Lighthouse.
- Savannah’s Oktoberfest: Experience the Oktoberfest celebrations in Savannah with live music, traditional German food, and plenty of beer.
- Fall Foliage at Wormsloe Historic Site: Take a scenic drive to Wormsloe Historic Site, where you can walk among a stunning avenue of live oak trees draped in Spanish moss.
- Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) Museum of Art: Explore the art and culture of Savannah at the SCAD Museum of Art, which often hosts intriguing exhibitions.
- Savannah Jazz Festival: If you’re a fan of jazz music, check out the annual Savannah Jazz Festival for free outdoor concerts in Forsyth Park.
- Savannah Bee Company: Visit the Savannah Bee Company to learn about honey production and sample various types of honey. It’s a sweet experience!
- Savannah Waterfront Wine & Food Festival: If you’re a wine enthusiast, this festival in November offers wine tastings, gourmet food, and live entertainment.
- Savannah’s Farmers’ Markets: Explore the local farmers’ markets to pick up fresh produce, handmade crafts, and delicious treats.
Savannah’s fall season is a beautiful time to explore this historic city and immerse yourself in its unique charm and festivities.
Spot the best Fall colors in Savannah ga
Here are some places where you can spot fall colors in Savannah:
- Forsyth Park: The park’s landscaped areas feature a variety of trees, including oaks and crape myrtles, that can offer some color changes in the fall.
- Savannah Botanical Gardens: This serene garden showcases a diverse range of plant life, some of which may display fall colors in the foliage.
- Historic District Streets: The streets in the Historic District are lined with trees, including live oaks draped in Spanish moss. While not known for dramatic color changes, you can find subtle variations in their leaves during the fall.
- Wormsloe Historic Site: While the main attraction here is the picturesque oak-lined avenue, the Spanish moss and changing leaves can create a lovely fall atmosphere.
- Bonaventure Cemetery: The mature trees can provide glimpses of fall foliage, especially with the Spanish moss hanging from their branches.
- Oatland Island Wildlife Center: A bit outside Savannah, this wildlife center features trails through natural settings where you may see some fall color among the local foliage.
- Skidaway Island State Park: Located on Skidaway Island, this park offers hiking and nature observation opportunities, and you may spot some fall colors among the diverse plant life.
Fall Events In Savannah Ga – Fall In Savannah Ga
Savannah, Georgia, offers a variety of fall events and festivals to enjoy during the autumn season. Please note that event schedules may vary year to year, so it’s a good idea to check specific dates and details closer to your visit. Here’s a list of popular fall events in Savannah:
- Savannah Jazz Festival (September): This free, multi-day event features live jazz performances in Forsyth Park, showcasing local and national talent.
- Savannah Film Festival (October): Hosted by the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), this festival attracts filmmakers, celebrities, and film enthusiasts for screenings, workshops, and panel discussions.
- Oktoberfest on the River (October): A lively celebration of German culture along the Savannah River featuring traditional music, food, and plenty of beer.
- Savannah Food and Wine Festival (November): A culinary extravaganza that includes tastings, cooking demonstrations, wine pairings, and gourmet dining experiences at various venues throughout the city.
- Savannah Philharmonic Orchestra Performances (Fall Season): Enjoy classical and contemporary music concerts performed by the Savannah Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Savannah Greek Festival (October): Experience Greek culture through food, music, dance, and crafts at this annual event held at St. Paul’s Hellenic Center.
- SCAD Savannah Film and Television Showcase (October): A SCAD student film and television production work showcase.
- Savannah State University Homecoming (October): Join the festivities during the SSU Homecoming, which includes a parade, football game, and various campus events.
- Savannah Quilt Week (October): Quilters and fabric enthusiasts gather for workshops, exhibitions, and vendor showcases at the Savannah Convention Center.
- Savannah Children’s Book Festival (November): A family-friendly event celebrating literature and featuring authors, illustrators, book signings, and interactive activities for kids.
- Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon & Half Marathon (November): Runners and spectators alike can enjoy live music along the course during this annual race event.
- Savannah Greek Orthodox Christmas Bazaar (December): This holiday-themed event features Greek pastries, crafts, and gifts.
- Holiday Tours of Homes and Inns (Late November to December): Explore beautifully decorated historic homes and inns during the holiday season.
- Holiday Sights and Sounds Boat Parade (Late November): Enjoy a festive boat parade along the Savannah River featuring decorated vessels and holiday cheer.
- Savannah Harbor Holiday Series (Late November to December): Festive activities, including a tree lighting ceremony, fireworks, and seasonal events at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa.
Now you know the best Things to do in Savannah in the fall with a list of activities, events, and best spots to enjoy festive weather. So enjoy this fall in Savannah Ga with full fun and unique things to do.
Read More on Savannah Travel Planning Guide
- 11 Best Day trips from Savannah Georgia Within 2 Hours
- 10 Ultimate Romantic Things To Do In Savannah Ga
- Most Beautiful Places In Savannah Ga (Best Of Savannah)
- 12 Cool Things To Do In Savannah Ga This Weekend
- Most Beautiful Places In Savannah Ga (Best Of Savannah)
- Charleston vs Savannah – Which Best City To Visit In 2023
If you wish to collaborate/work with me, contact me at [email protected].
Follow my blog on social media channels at
All content and photos belong to travelwithme247blog(dot)com and use of content/photos without permission would result in legal action.
DISCLAIMER – The blog’s content is solely my views of a place or a thing. This does not offend any class, religion, ethnicity, or nation. My views can change from time to time. This blog may contain some advertisements or links to commercial products, so this site is not responsible after you click those advertisements.
We are the independent owner of this site, and the views expressed in this are our own. All photographs are owned by me. There can be slight differences in distances, locations, or some details for which I (owner) am not responsible. This post may contain some affiliate links, which means at no additional cost to you. I will earn if you will click through affiliates and make a purchase.